Paige Instagram | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Instagram

Reaction Score
Wasn’t it just three weeks ago that we were worried about her jumping up and down on the sideline during games?
Now we’re in a rush to push her into full court?
Really?
Look.
Let her rest and heal up completely.
This ain’t a Championship year.
I a rush rush, let's get going, put me in coach NOW kind a person. And I'm still paying for it. Now, with a view backward, I know the problems of too early do. However, Geno and The MD;s will make evaluationS and then more and Daddy Paige and Mama Paige will have a look see and say---Yea or Ney. We fans can give our take on the good, bad, ugly for Paige--because that's what we do--we are FANS. not coaches or Doctors. Just Fans. I agree there probably is no NC in sight for Uconn. If not, ease her back.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hate to be Debbie Downer but Uconn ain't winning nothing this year Maybe the big East if they can beat Depaul which outplayed them even tho they won and they didn't show up vs providence either like Geno said they just have more High school all Americans. With being said they should let Paige heal up for the rest of the year bcuz bones take longer to heal and our team is not built to compete against the more rugged teams in the SEC and a few ACC teams. Next year we will be in better shape with the bigger better players coming in Patterson and Brady will give us the inside game we lack this year and with a rested up Paige surrounded by shooters and a inside game with a strong bench we will be in better shape for the chip. Sorry my peeps but this teams needs to hit the reset button and get it's star players (Azzi, Paige, Nika and Aubrey) completely healed before it can seriously compete. If Paige plays we'll all be holding our breath every time she gets hit.
You said it, not me ;)
1643820884663.jpeg

Reaction Score
After reading the quotes from her father, He doesn’t really want her to play this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if Paige shuts it down for the year and just prepares for next season.
I heard from an excellent source she will be seeing limited minutes before the end of February.

Reaction Score
First rounds of NCAA’s March 18th-21st.
Limited minutes end of Feb.?
That’s the end of the BE regular season.
Then BE tourney.
Making a significant impact in Big Dance?
Possible, but not probable.
I love her.
Best in the college game.
Amazing talent.
But she wears a UCONN uniform,
Not a cape.

Reaction Score
I hate to be Debbie Downer but Uconn ain't winning nothing this year Maybe the big East if they can beat Depaul which outplayed them even tho they won and they didn't show up vs providence either like Geno said they just have more High school all Americans. With being said they should let Paige heal up for the rest of the year bcuz bones take longer to heal and our team is not built to compete against the more rugged teams in the SEC and a few ACC teams. Next year we will be in better shape with the bigger better players coming in Patterson and Brady will give us the inside game we lack this year and with a rested up Paige surrounded by shooters and a inside game with a strong bench we will be in better shape for the chip. Sorry my peeps but this teams needs to hit the reset button and get it's star players (Azzi, Paige, Nika and Aubrey) completely healed before it can seriously compete. If Paige plays we'll all be holding our breath every time she gets hit.

Ummm, no one begged you to be Debbie Downer. I don't think you hate the role one bit.

Reaction Score
You said it, not me ;)
View attachment 72914
Love all the 'fans' willing to throw in the towel on this season. I won't believe the coaches and players have done so until they come out and say it.
Right you are ! It remains to be seen if there is sufficient time to get "all" the pieces in place and get them working well together, but likely there is, and any rationale assessment of talent is that there are three 3 teams (SC, Stanford, Uconn) that stand above all others when firing on all cylinders. Uconn may be the longer shot for the NC, because of its reliance on two freshman. But don't assume that next year's will be a better bet. Patterson is very raw but perhaps can take some minutes from Edwards. Brady is more ready right out of the box and will help fill the gap left if Dorka decides not to come back. But right now, I'd take my shot (long though it may be) before assuming that Patterson and Brady bring more in as freshman than we'll be losing with ONO and Williams as Seniors). This team can win an NC; not sure about next years.

Reaction Score
Whenever she plays, now or next year, we will be holding our breaths. I happen to agree that a title this year seems pretty unlikely. However, there have been lots of unlikely champions in the past who did not have our talent. I think we should remember that those posters who are so dismissive of our chances this year, really have no idea if that’s true or not. I’m pretty sure Tennessee in 1997? Was not seen as having much of a chance, Texas A&M wasn’t exactly a juggernaut the year they won, Maryland hasn’t even had a sniff since they won their title either. For that matter,last year’s Az team wasn’t exactly a favorite yet came within a last second shot by their star guard of winning it all. Mississippi State beat us on a buzzer beater to make the final as well.

The point is, all you people out there who are swaggering in and telling the rest of us, “we cannot possibly win this year, you’re a cold, unfeeling idiot if you want Paige to play this year” etc don’t know s#€£ and really have no idea what may happen if she comes back! The real truth is, teams are funny, unpredictable things and when you have as much talent as we have, and a transcendently good player to mix in with that talent, anything can happen! The rest of us are quite aware that we are not some overwhelming favorite as we have often been in the past! We’re also aware that strange things happen on the way to the Forum.

So, excuse us if we ignore your doom and gloom pontifications, and continue to do what we always do; root for our team to win #12! If it takes some luck, a three triple bouncing high off the rim before dropping through, a length of the court dash for a winning layup, or a missed bunny by Boston, well, those things have all happened before. So, pardon us wile we keep hoping!

Reaction Score
Nika and Aubrey as 'star' players?

Reaction Score
Ah, those crystal balls and Magic 8 balls are tricky little devils.

Reaction Score
Right you are ! It remains to be seen if there is sufficient time to get "all" the pieces in place and get them working well together, but likely there is, and any rationale assessment of talent is that there are three 3 teams (SC, Stanford, Uconn) that stand above all others when firing on all cylinders. Uconn may be the longer shot for the NC, because of its reliance on two freshman. But don't assume that next year's will be a better bet. Patterson is very raw but perhaps can take some minutes from Edwards. Brady is more ready right out of the box and will help fill the gap left if Dorka decides not to come back. But right now, I'd take my shot (long though it may be) before assuming that Patterson and Brady bring more in as freshman than we'll be losing with ONO and Williams as Seniors). This team can win an NC; not sure about next years.
What have you seen that would lead you to believe that this team (even with PB) can win the NC? I get optimism - but?

Reaction Score
What have you seen that would lead you to believe that this team (even with PB) can win the NC? I get optimism - but?
We haven't been able to get our pieces together consistently enough to even judge what we can be. Until that happens or doesn't happen we remain a mystery.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We haven't been able to get our pieces together consistently enough to even judge what we can be. Until that happens or doesn't happen we remain a mystery.
But assuming the best, we certainly are a FF contender and once there, anything can happen with Paige energized in her home state.

Reaction Score

How about last season? Every player is back plus we added Fudd & Ducharme. This team is deeper and more skilled. And no other team has added enough to say they are better than last year. All we need is our POY.

1996. Tenn lost muktiple players to injuries during the season and had 10 TEN losses going into the tournament. They got their players back from injury and won it all as a 5 or 6 seed I believe.

Reaction Score
Even with a healthy Paige, Uconn does not appear to be a top 4 team this year. However, there is no shame in that.

Reaction Score
Even with a healthy Paige, Uconn does not appear to be a top 4 team this year. However, there is no shame in that.
Everybody is on board with SC and Stanford and while Uconn does not appear to be that 3 or 4 team, as yet. Who do you have in those spots ? Louisville will likely be ranked # 3 this week, NC State not likely to be #4 after tanking to ND, Maybe Michigan at #4 Baylor ? I attended the Mohegan double header with watched Louisville, Michigan, and Baylor. None of them appears to be a better team than a healthy PB Uconn team. Mystery will be revealed in March

Reaction Score
Love all the 'fans' willing to throw in the towel on this season. I won't believe the coaches physically and emotionally), lack of
Love all the 'fans' willing to throw in the towel on this season. I won't believe the coaches and players have done so until they come out and say it.
Maybe you should pull up last weeks zoom interview with COACH GENO where he states, in plain language, that there a couple of ‘guys’ on this team that don’t listen, and a couple of ‘guys’ that ARE NOT PLAYING HARD.
Throw that into the mix with the rest of this year’s difficulties, and you don’t exactly have a recipe for a NC.
What should I believe, what you tout or my lyin’eyes?

Reaction Score
Maybe you should pull up last weeks zoom interview with COACH GENO where he states, in plain language, that there a couple of ‘guys’ on this team that don’t listen, and a couple of ‘guys’ that ARE NOT PLAYING HARD.
Throw that into the mix with the rest of this year’s difficulties, and you don’t exactly have a recipe for a NC.
What should I believe, what you tout or my lyin’eyes?

Geno also has said that Maya Moore was the worst defender in college BB, a player "who couldn't guard a chair". I hope you didn't draw conclusions from that?

Look around the country. SCar, Stan, NCSt have all lost to unranked teams. I agree that UConn doesn't look like a NC team right now but who does? SCar looks good. But Missouri beat them.
UConn's play gets a huge boost when Bueckers returns. Who else has an upside like that?

Reaction Score
This has been a year in CBB, men and women, with the strangest energy and flow I can remember. If FGCU raised the trophy this year, then I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone feels that if they catch a team with enough injuries and illnesses, that they otherwise couldn't beat...now is their chance. SO...maybe UCONN looks like they don't have a chance TODAY, but with or without Paige...I wouldn't be surprised at a late run. Paige's father has a lot of support from opposing fans right now. lol They are so concerned that she might get hurt permanently to the point where they strongly encourage her to take the rest of the year off. Aren't they kind. We've seen gifted players before, but she really scares the opposition.

Reaction Score
Geno also has said that Maya Moore was the worst defender in college BB, a player "who couldn't guard a chair". I hope you didn't draw conclusions from that?

Look around the country. SCar, Stan, NCSt have all lost to unranked teams. I agree that UConn doesn't look like a NC team right now but who does? SCar looks good. But Missouri beat them.
UConn's play gets a huge boost when Bueckers returns. Who else has an upside like that?
C’mon.
You watched the DePaul game, right?
You want to tell me that display was just another win on the way to Final Four appearance?
I wish I hadn’t, but I saw what I saw.
Paige wears a UCONN uniform.
Not a cape.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104