Paige Instagram | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige Instagram

Reaction Score
It doesn't?
Besides, maybe it's only unrealistic in your mind and/or
And I’ve been a N.Y. JET (Titan) fan since the mid 60’s.
No way you can call me a fair weather fan.
No Kool/Aid for me, thank you.,,

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You want to be disappointed by what you've seen so far, I won't argue - I mostly agree. As long as there are games left to play though, I'm going to hope the light comes on. And I'm definitely not making a decision on bringing back injured players based on how well I think the team is going to play. If a kid can play she should, if she can't she shouldn't.

Reaction Score
Ha. I told my wife I want my ashes put in the cup of my favorite par 3 hole so I can finally have a hole in one.
Don’t give up hope! Didn’t get my first (and only) until 68yo. There’s a hole-in-one waiting for you!

Reaction Score
I hate to be Debbie Downer but Uconn ain't winning nothing this year Maybe the big East if they can beat Depaul which outplayed them even tho they won and they didn't show up vs providence either like Geno said they just have more High school all Americans. With being said they should let Paige heal up for the rest of the year bcuz bones take longer to heal and our team is not built to compete against the more rugged teams in the SEC and a few ACC teams. Next year we will be in better shape with the bigger better players coming in Patterson and Brady will give us the inside game we lack this year and with a rested up Paige surrounded by shooters and a inside game with a strong bench we will be in better shape for the chip. Sorry my peeps but this teams needs to hit the reset button and get it's star players (Azzi, Paige, Nika and Aubrey) completely healed before it can seriously compete. If Paige plays we'll all be holding our breath every time she gets hit.
This post may be in the running for the most irrational post of this year.

Reaction Score
idk how you can read that and say that means she is coming back, if anything it sounds like she is giving up on the season or being able to compete at the highest level without any setback or injury.

Reaction Score
Right now, the goal is to make the field of 64. Once that happens, the "hot" team could come out of left field to take the title. Look at what Arizona did last year. We're still in the anything can happen part of the season.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
C’mon.
You watched the DePaul game, right?
You want to tell me that display was just another win on the way to Final Four appearance?
I wish I hadn’t, but I saw what I saw.
Paige wears a UCONN uniform.
Not a cape.
You mean the rugby game? That was not basketball, that was one of the worst officiated games that I've seen in the last 10 years, Pro, Men's or Women's CBB. Those ladies were being fouled almost every play and no call. If DePaul gets into the Dance and they play like they did against UConn, half of the team will be either on the bench or have fouled out of the game by halftime.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, I am the only realist on this forum :rolleyes:
Sorry for your position....

Unrealistic positions are more fun to propose, and continue the thought of overcoming all odds, and are the seed for achieving the seemly impossible comeback win. Once you achieve one of those, you believe you can do it again.

It reminds me of a volleyball match in the Orlando Area Final Four [back in the "Dark Ages" when I was not 'gravitationally challenged' for qualifying tournament for the South Atlantic Regionals] when we were down 13 match points [pretty sure there is NOT a common name for that because it doesn't happen often] in a best of three game match where we had lost the first game 15-3, and was down 14-1 in the second game to the #1 seed who had beaten us twice during the regular season, so I called time-out. I calmly told the team [kind of like CD after being down by 10 in the Creighton game], "We are better than this. Play each serve as the only point that matters, and stay inside yourself. Don't try to win the match with every hit. We got this..." [I was the player-coach at the time, and needed to listen to myself as I spiked the last one out the back by six inches on the previous play...]

Back in those dark ages, the game was not rally point scoring, so you could only score when it was your serve. We got the side out after the time out on a block, and only lost serve twice after getting the ball back on their very next serve to pull even at 14-14, went 15-14, then 16-14 on our next two serves to force our first 3rd game against them all year. With the #1 seed arguing and pointing finger at each other we beat them 15-1 in the third game as we finally found our groove. We only had five points scored on us for the rest of the tournament following that time-out, and qualified for the South Atlantic Regionals for the second time in two years.

Moral of the story: You have to believe that you can do it, before you can do it!

I believe the Huskies will make the Final Four after finding "their Groove" in the Regional Finals, and take their momentum to the National Finals to win NC #12.

Optimism has always been a strength for me. Not ready to throw in the towel until after the final whistle to end the Final Match.

That is the cool thing about making the Finals, BOTH Teams know it is the last game of the year, and the season is ending: win or lose, so why NOT win? I am in favor of winning!

Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
Sorry for your position....

Unrealistic positions are more fun to propose, and continue the thought of overcoming all odds, and are the seed for achieving the seemly impossible comeback win. Once you achieve one of those, you believe you can do it again.

It reminds me of a volleyball match in the Orlando Area Final Four [back in the "Dark Ages" when I was not 'gravitationally challenged' for qualifying tournament for the South Atlantic Regionals] when we were down 13 match points [pretty sure there is NOT a common name for that because it doesn't happen often] in a best of three game match where we had lost the first game 15-3, and was down 14-1 in the second game to the #1 seed who had beaten us twice during the regular season, so I called time-out. I calmly told the team [kind of like CD after being down by 10 in the Creighton game], "We are better than this. Play each serve as the only point that matters, and stay inside yourself. Don't try to win the match with every hit. We got this..." [I was the player-coach at the time, and needed to listen to myself as I spiked the last one out the back by six inches on the previous play...]

Back in those dark ages, the game was not rally point scoring, so you could only score when it was your serve. We got the side out after the time out on a block, and only lost serve twice after getting the ball back on their very next serve to pull even at 14-14, went 15-14, then 16-14 on our next two serves to force our first 3rd game against them all year. With the #1 seed arguing and pointing finger at each other we beat them 15-1 in the third game as we finally found our groove. We only had five points scored on us for the rest of the tournament following that time-out, and qualified for the South Atlantic Regionals for the second time in two years.

Moral of the story: You have to believe that you can do it, before you can do it!

I believe the Huskies will make the Final Four after finding "their Groove" in the Regional Finals, and take their momentum to the National Finals to win NC #12.

Optimism has always been a strength for me. Not ready to throw in the towel until after the final whistle to end the Final Match.

That is the cool thing about making the Finals, BOTH Teams know it is the last game of the year, and the season is ending: win or lose, so why NOT win? I am in favor of winning!

Go Huskies!!!!
I'm trying to figure out why a forum of diehard fans feels the urge to give up on a season. I think it's because everyone must think it is gluttonous to be a UConn WCBB fan. They win every year. Like it makes them feel normal that their team seems unusually flawed and certain for early defeat in the NCAA and that they somehow are smart enough to acknowledge it.
I'll be the first one to be critical of aspects of the program, but this team is nowhere near out of this thing. Come on, a true fan is in the trenches with them biting kneecaps and throwing elbows to get them to the end. The upside on this team is through the roof. Too many things to list. Hey BY KoolAid guzzling fans: do what you got to do. Start following the Red Sox spring games or work on your garden or whatever. We'll still be here rooting.

Reaction Score
Many of you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I still support the team and believe that they “can” make the FF, but it would mean changing and growing at a pace that we haven’t seen for a few years. Is is possible that this group will stop the boneheaded mistakes and outhustle other teams (as well as put the ball in the basket at a higher pace) - yes. Have they led me to believe that they will do so consistently - not yet.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out why a forum of diehard fans feels the urge to give up on a season. I think it's because everyone must think it is gluttonous to be a UConn WCBB fan. They win every year. Like it makes them feel normal that their team seems unusually flawed and certain for early defeat in the NCAA and that they somehow are smart enough to acknowledge it.
I'll be the first one to be critical of aspects of the program, but this team is nowhere near out of this thing. Come on, a true fan is in the trenches with them biting kneecaps and throwing elbows to get them to the end. The upside on this team is through the roof. Too many things to list. Hey BY KoolAid guzzling fans: do what you got to do. Start following the Red Sox spring games or work on your garden or whatever. We'll still be here rooting.
When you start the season off with expectations that were through the roof, the season does look kinda like a lost season. I recall some posts that UConn's 2nd 5 were better than other top teams (or something to that effect), I recall people saying this could be the best team ever , yada yada yada. Losses, injures and some lack of development have resulted in their current situation. I like them in the underdog role, at this point, they don't have much to lose. No one expects them to make a run in the NCAA's, but that's why I'll be watching and rooting for them to do just that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom