Paige cleared to play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige cleared to play

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to more of this!

View attachment 90523
The Pittsburgh Steelers Franco Harris had his "Italian Army. Paige Bueckers has her Leigon of faithful/devoted "ride or die" followers too. We need a name for Paige's legion. Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Losing Jana in a meaningless FIBA game still leaves a bad taste. At the very least, the team should have been 100% healthy to start the season for a final Title shot in potentially Paige's final season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yup, she's up there. But I also want to know when Haley van Lith became a UCF cheerleader.
I'm trying to figure out how Paige pulled that off. Being on the floor AND in the stands at the same time?!? :eek:

Reaction Score
The Pittsburgh Steelers Franco Harris had his "Italian Army. Paige Bueckers has her Leigon of faithful/devoted "ride or die" followers too. We need a name for Paige's legion. Any suggestions? :rolleyes:
Bueckers Brigade

Reaction Score
Meaningless to who? Because it def meant something to her!
I get your point but like the Mets reliever who was lost for the season in the WBC seriously affecting the team's performance, Jana's loss is a negative in regard to UConn's chances of winning an NC which should be the most important goal of every college basketball player........obviously losing PB in Europe would be a major blow to the team's future success........

Reaction Score
I share everyone's anxieties about Paige playing too much. But I tell myself,

She's not made of glass. If she were really that delicate, she should probably take up a different hobby. Cats claw, dogs bite... Paige plays. It's who she is.

Reaction Score
Excited Seinfeld GIF

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The results are, obviously, meaningless but the minutes are important. This is team building time. I'm sure that Paige, Geno, CD and the training staff have a plan to limit, monitor and adjust, but I do hope she sees the floor some.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm sure she'll be on some serious minute restrictions, but she needs to get her feet wet.
I'd like to see her get her feet wet too, but I'm OK with whatever Geno decides. If not next week, November is fine. Paige said she WAS NOT going to rush to come back. If Paige does not play, it will open up more minutes for the rest of the team. If given a choice between Paige and the freshmen, I rather see the freshmen. We must remember that Paige is a senior. She's been around the block twice. It will be different for Ice this year and Janna next year because they have never played in a game for us. The practices are more rigorous than an actual game, so I'm not concerned about Paige pacing or over-exerting herself during a game.

I already know what I'm going to get from Paige. The freshmen are still a mystery. UConn usually has an exhibition game to open the season in November. I'm pretty sure Paige will play in THAT game.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I share everyone's anxieties about Paige playing too much. But I tell myself,

She's not made of glass. If she were really that delicate, she should probably take up a different hobby. Cats claw, dogs bite... Paige plays. It's who she is.
"Old man's has gotta be the old man., fish has gotta be the fish. Gotta be who you are in this world, no matter what." - Robert McCall (The Equalizer)

Reaction Score
Losing Jana in a meaningless FIBA game still leaves a bad taste. At the very least, the team should have been 100% healthy to start the season for a final Title shot in potentially Paige's final season.

If it didn't happen in a "meaningless" FIBA game (not at all meaningless to her), it probably would have happened in a practice or a pickup game or a UConn game. You can't expect players to sit around in bubble wrap and never play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom