Paige Bueckers to UConn | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

In the video Fudd mentions that "Bueckers doesn't have knee issues like me" and then the camera pans down and shows her right knee with a brace and her left knee has a scar. Obviously I knew about the injury on the right knee during the 3x3 tournament, but any idea what she did to her left?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Positively Taurasian, right down to the trash talk in the early part of the highlights.
I have one word for it: swagger. She just looks in absolute control even when she's being doubled. Those passes were sick! I'm looking forward to next season, and I think we'll be very good, but things are going to get crazy with Paige's class.

Reaction Score
I have one word for it: swagger. She just looks in absolute control even when she's being doubled. Those passes were sick! I'm looking forward to next season, and I think we'll be very good, but things are going to get crazy with Paige's class.

What do you mean “things are going to get crazy with Paige’s class”?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
On Twitter... On Instagram...
I don’t know who will be more disappointed if Azzi goes elsewhere — Paige or all of us.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Two thoughts. One, they should get paid for that commercial...that is what is was. Gatorade paid somebody to make that video. Certainly not the actors.

Second. I don't think it changes the odds about whether Azzi comes to Storrs. I can see an argument that having a relationship like that with someone could make you want to go somewhere different...spread your wings etc. We'll see.

Either way, that was fun (except for the part about them doing unpiad marketing for Gatorade).

Reaction Score
For those who don't follow recruiting, here's something from Prospect Nation written 5 years ago about Bueckers, when she was in the 7th grade:

Bueckers is only a seventh grader in the 2020 class and already is making noise on the court. All the teams that tried to put pressure on her this weekend found out that she has the gate and explosiveness to get by defenders in the open court and in the lane. She showed shiftiness and grit getting to the basket and really can knife-up the defense. She shoots the ball with great release and was knocking down shots from a lot of areas on the floor. What is great about her game is her command on the court. She is a leader and can handle the decision-making for the team. Hanging your hat on a kid like Bueckers is a great move in the basketball world, because she has a lot of tools and court savvy to her game.
Check Me Out Midwest -- Underclass | Prospects Nation

or this from Chris Hansen a year later when she was an 8th grader:

“From my initial evaluation on Bueckers as an eighth grader, it was evident that she had a chance to be special,” Brandon Clay, publisher of ProspectsNation.com said. “Her scoring prowess was on full display back then as she dropped 22 points on seven of nine shooting including six of seven from 3-point range a varsity game as an 8th grader. She only played 15 minutes. That said, Bueckers should have an opportunity to step on Campus in Storrs and provide the Husky faithful with more of the same consistent production that she's brought to the hardwood since that cold December day in 2015. Her ability to play handle the ball coupled with the skill to score puts me in the mind of the legendary Sue Bird during her Christ The King days.”
Bueckers Next Step Is Storrs | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
In the video Fudd mentions that "Bueckers doesn't have knee issues like me" and then the camera pans down and shows her right knee with a brace and her left knee has a scar. Obviously I knew about the injury on the right knee during the 3x3 tournament, but any idea what she did to her left?
If I recall they harvested from the right knee for the repair on the left.
From the espn article “
I then went back to Indiana to have surgery on my ACL on May 29. The surgery went as well as it could. They used the patella tendon from my good leg as a graft, which is actually a good thing, because I had patellar tendinitis and that got rid of it.”

Reaction Score
If I recall they harvested from the right knee for the repair on the left.

From the espn article “
I then went back to Indiana to have surgery on my ACL on May 29. The surgery went as well as it could. They used the patella tendon from my good leg as a graft, which is actually a good thing, because I had patellar tendinitis and that got rid of it.”

Thanks

Reaction Score
Judging by her instagram, it looks like Coach Auriemma and CD are visiting with Bueckers. For those of you not up on the current lingo, a "slime" is basically your really close friend. View attachment 46352

One of the many side benefits of The Boneyard is helping me discover my inner teenage girl so I can be the coolest uncle of all time when texting with my nieces :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom