Paige Bueckers expected to miss rest of regular season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers expected to miss rest of regular season

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Well, 2 or 3 is certainly better than 4. Gives one more warm-up game before playing 1. But 2 is only marginally better than 3, at best.
Depends on the draw...if you are the 4th number 2 seed or the 1st number 2 seed. Or the 4th number 3 seed or the 1st number 3 seed.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
None of us, and I do mean none, know what Paige is able to do right now or in the immediate future.

We are not at practices. We do not know the plan that was set forth for her rehab. We do not know what she is physically able to do at this point in time. So we need to sit back and have a lot of trust that the process will work.
She can hit a 3 pointer from almost half court and it was all net.:rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
She can hit a 3 pointer from almost half court and it was all net.:rolleyes:
A small clip on an uncontested shot - seriously. That is not actual game simulation.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
A small clip on an uncontested shot - seriously. That is not actual game simulation.
I don't like to speak for anyone, but I am pretty sure @MSGRET was not being serious; look at that Smiley little object at the end of his sentence. Sarcasm!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I gonna guess UConn will be in NC States bracket and most likely a 2 seed. The NCAA will take into consideration if Paige is healthy and if she will play. Now I think we have 2 scenarios. If Paige is healthy to play and if shes not. Lets start with if shes not. We will need our guards to step up and hit shots consistently. If Paige is back and up to speed I think we win it all provided we are healthy. It will be tuffer without Paige but we still have the players to win it all.

Going back a few weeks we had approx 50 pts sitting on the bench. Now we have 20 pts (Paige) sitting on the bench. She does so much more then score too. Over the next few games we may look a little inconsistent because of the change in the lineups again. The things to look for imo are UConn runs to blow the game open. Our ball movement and our weak side help. This is a different team and the NCAA knows that. In the last 2 games the announcers talked about that. We have seen it and we are looking like UConn teams of the past.

The 2 things teams are going to look at on Selection Day. Where they are going to play and is UConn in their bracket.

Reaction Score
Even if she were ready and got all the okays from doctors and coaches, I don't think Paige would deliberately try to return to games on Senior Day. Why? Because it is Senior Day and she knows that her return would steal the headlines from the seniors who deserve it.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Paige will play in the B.E. Tournament for about 10 minutes a game....testing the waters..and gradually increasing her minutes (with no set-backs) as they get closer to March Madness.

Reaction Score
Even if she were ready and got all the okays from doctors and coaches, I don't think Paige would deliberately try to return to games on Senior Day. Why? Because it is Senior Day and she knows that her return would steal the headlines from the seniors who deserve it.
BUT....
- The Seniors might want to play some of their Senior Day Game WITH Paige because of their connection as Teammates and the joy they had playing with her all of last season.
- Starting the Seniors...and NOT Paige gives them the TRADITIONAL Senior Day Game Start and feeling. After that, it's pretty much a normal game that the Team wants to win to end the regular season. Bringing Paige in at some later point, such as the 1st time out, or the start of the 2nd Quarter... should not have much impact on taking the excitement of Senior Day from the Seniors...and might actually make it more exciting for them.

Just sayin'. :cool::D

Reaction Score
I gonna guess UConn will be in NC States bracket and most likely a 2 seed. The NCAA will take into consideration if Paige is healthy and if she will play.

The NCAA will only take into consideration what they see on the court. IF she returns, looks good, and the team performs well then they may consider that. But if I were the committee I would be very reluctant to extrapolate very much based on her playing a game or two (if that even happens).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
8 min mark

The trailer: "Whats the Big East Tournament look like ... I don't know." I missed that first time around. Sounds pretty up in the air to me. Geno says it is up to Paige once everyone else has signed off. Makes sense she doesn't know.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope Geno is getting his players mentally ready to go full out as if Paige is not available. I heard Nika say in the aftergame presser (paraphrase) and wait till we get out best player back. I am concerned they are not getting themselves mentally ready and confident in the absence of Paige.

Reaction Score
Given the breaks in the schedule between the end of the regular season and start of the big east tournament, then the additional break until the NCAA tournament, this makes complete sense to me. No need to rush back onto the court this week when there’s ample opportunity upcoming to gain confidence in practice.

Nobody knows how far along she is, or how far along she will get. I view her return as a bonus, but not the end all be all of our season. It would be unfair to place the fate of this season onto the shoulders of a player whose been out since early December. Whatever she is able to provide will be wonderful, whether that be NPOY level play or continued energy from the bench.

Reaction Score
Just hope that she takes all the time she needs to avert hurting that knee again. Don't risk it!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I posted the opposite position about Paige returning for Senior Day. However, it never occurred to me that she would be stealing the headlines from Evina, Christyn and Liv. But looking at it now, I can see where some might feel that way. My thinking was that Paige would want to celebrate with her Senior teammates because they were very much a part of every award that she won last season. And there would be nothing selfish in her mind about doing this, in my post I meant it was all about the Seniors.

I hope that this makes some kind of sense...

Reaction Score
Geno said she will not play Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday. Unless there's some miraculous type of improvement in the next 120 hours at which time the regular season comes to an end, probably best to hold out hope for the tourneys and even then who knows?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno: “she’s not going to play Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday.”

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?
Is that every Wednesday Friday and Sunday going forward? If so we should try to schedule more games on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geno: “she’s not going to play Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday.”

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?
Because on the Bob Joyce Coaches Show the night before the Xavier game, Geno said that Paige would not be playing that weekend (Xavier and Georgetown) and left open the possibility for tomorrow, Friday and Sunday.

Then at the Georgetown post game presser, Geno said that her playing in any of the remaining regular season games was not going to happen.

So, it appears that her situation had changed on a day to day basis. So why can't the current "she’s not going to play Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday” change from Sunday to Wednesday or to Friday or to Sunday?

Bottom line is we will probably not know when she will be playing until she is in a game day shoot around.

Reaction Score
I suspect that Geno is just preempting a lot of emails, texts, twits and phone calls. He said that playing will be up to Bueckers, not him. Remember how we were all surprised when Fudd started her first game. No announcement was made prior to the game then and I doubt one will happen with Bueckers.

Reaction Score
She looks good in this two minute clip of her at practice! She's passing, shooting, taking part in plays where she cuts and moves around the court. I expected her to be a lot more tentative and deliberate/slow, but even if it isn't 100% effort against a real opponent, there's a lot of reason for optimism. I am less worried than previously about if she could play and not hurt herself in a couple of weeks

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So nice seeing her on the court doing something, as a few posters already said. But she sure looked gassed doing the jogging. I have a feeling that her endurance will be fairly low, which would be no surprise given that she needed to keep off her leg for a long time.

Just hoping for a fully healthy and pain free recovery for her. Whenever that may be...

Kat

Reaction Score
Whether she plays again this season or not, I believe that Gino will go with whatever is best for Paige. That's what is important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom