Paige Buecker Plays Tonight Live Stream 8 PM EST Live Stream | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Paige Buecker Plays Tonight Live Stream 8 PM EST Live Stream

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Money quote

Contreras, a sophomore who comes off the bench, has had a quiet season averaging six points a game. But against the Trojans, she had 11 points and her energy off the bench seemed to be the difference maker.

“I have been really hard on her in practice,” Beuckers said. “I want her to be the best player she can be, and I know after a performance like that, that’s the standard I am going to hold her to.”

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Money quote

Contreras, a sophomore who comes off the bench, has had a quiet season averaging six points a game. But against the Trojans, she had 11 points and her energy off the bench seemed to be the difference maker.

“I have been really hard on her in practice,” Beuckers said. “I want her to be the best player she can be, and I know after a performance like that, that’s the standard I am going to hold her to.”
I know non Husky fans and haters have to be sick to their stomach knowing this kid is so Taurasi like.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Money quote:

Is she auditioning for Geno's job? ;)

Reaction Score
Well, sometimes our defense has Geno talking to himself. Sounds like the same thing.
After watching her the whole game against decent competition, she has excellent defensive fundamentals and awareness and does a good job of balancing her aggressiveness with her team’s need to have her on the floor. I don’t see her having any problem playing defense the way the UConn coaches will ask her to. But she definitely needs more strength to work with.

Reaction Score
After watching her the whole game against decent competition, she has excellent defensive fundamentals and awareness and does a good job of balancing her aggressiveness with her team’s need to have her on the floor. I don’t see her having any problem playing defense the way the UConn coaches will ask her to. But she definitely needs more strength to work with.

In the same matchup last season she tried distributing to her team mates in the first half with little success. They are a team loaded with talent but most of it is freshman and sophomore talent. Last year it was even younger and less experienced and most of them had a deer in the headlights look early in the game. This year Bueckers came out shooting and I was impressed with her shot selection in the 1st half. She avoided driving into the taller Johnson/Stewart duo (who were outstanding last night) and shot from an arc about foul line distance along with some 8' pullups. I don't think any of her first 8 shots hit anything but net.
She seems to elevate very well for rebounds but for sure she needs to develop more upper body strength.
But the thing that most impresses me is the air of confidence she gives off to her team. Her body language is always saying "I got this". I don't know that that can be taught. Whatever was going on between her ears, she always looked like she was in control. Last night in the 2nd half when her shots were misses she didn't flinch and started giving her team mates open chances.
That is something that doesn't show up in highlight videos but it's what made me fall in love with her game 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
In the same matchup last season she tried distributing to her team mates in the first half with little success. They are a team loaded with talent but most of it is freshman and sophomore talent. Last year it was even younger and less experienced and most of them had a deer in the headlights look early in the game. This year Bueckers came out shooting and I was impressed with her shot selection in the 1st half. She avoided driving into the taller Johnson/Stewart duo (who were outstanding last night) and shot from an arc about foul line distance along with some 8' pullups. I don't think any of her first 8 shots hit anything but net.
She seems to elevate very well for rebounds but for sure she needs to develop more upper body strength.
But the thing that most impresses me is the air of confidence she gives off to her team. Her body language is always saying "I got this". I don't know that that can be taught. Whatever was going on between her ears, she always looked like she was in control. Last night in the 2nd half when her shots were misses she didn't flinch and started giving her team mates open chances.
That is something that doesn't show up in highlight videos but it's what made me fall in love with her game 2 years ago.
Good points and I especially agree with your view of her confidence. It’s a gift that not many have, knowing that for the most part you can make the game flow at the pace you want on offense. And I’m amazed that more kids don’t realize that the 12-15 ft pull-up is such a weapon. Once you beat the first kid and come off that high screen, most of the time there’s nobody there in the sweet spot for a second and it’s the easiest shot you’ll get. Bueckers already owns it. She has a lot of talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom