Paging Jeff Jacobs... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paging Jeff Jacobs...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know there have been a few articles but our beat writers should be going way more in depth about the legal fine print with all this and what it means for us, etc. There’s a wealth of information and subject matter for them.

Reaction Score
It's better for UConn if our departure doesn't matter to the AAC/ESPN deal.

This.

It appears that the football schools drive value of their own, separate from basketball.

Whether or not UConn is better off cutting off that revenue stream is conjecture. Fans on both sides are more interested in measuring johnsons.

One group of fans is happy with playing for a conference tournament championship in msg, and the other group of fans like the pay bump of a more compact conference.

At least people are seeing the good in it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Did he? I don’t remember seeing any sort of prediction - Not even him saying “some big news is coming” which would be the vague prediction we would normally see.
I ain't a hater, but I ain't the biggest chief fan either, and my recollection is that he did say big developments were on the horizon and that there was an inordinate amount of high level northeastern talent rising over the next couple recruiting periods that those developments would put Hurley in good stead for. He didn't say UConn to the BE, but it sure looks now like that was what he was hinting at.

C

Chief00

LOL, maybe, but he “fragilely” called the move to the NBE a month before anyone else so...
Big wedding tonight on the Gold Coast and the after hours party is just starting.
Apparently Gonzaga wants very much to be into the NBE but probably not going to happen since the Eastern schools don’t want the travel and Fox isn’t convinced it would get eyeballs and they have enough of schools now. Midwest schools don’t mind the travel. Also learned the story about DB making the realignment happened was BS, the new President was the one who saved the day. Enough for now - after hours party tonight then hit the road before 8am to see some ball.

C

Chief00

I ain't a hater, but I ain't the biggest chief fan either, and my recollection is that he did say big developments were on the horizon and that there was an inordinate amount of high level northeastern talent rising over the next couple recruiting periods that those developments would put Hurley in good stead for. He didn't say UConn to the BE, but it sure looks now like that was what he was hinting at.
I IM people I could trust because UConn and NBE did not want public -though once that digital website broke story - Chief immediately confirmed it.

Reaction Score
I IM people I could trust because UConn and NBE did not want public -though once that digital website broke story - Chief immediately confirmed it.
Swing batter

C

Chief00

To the doubters - here’s a comment I made Tuesday, June 18.
A2E6A22A-058F-42CE-B3DD-0FDE4BEAFF23.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think Tulsa & Tulane ... disgust was on the UCONN Football board soon thereafter. Malice aforethought. This was an Aresco design - he was clearly pushed by the Texas centric.

We are a newbie to this level football. It strikes me though - a league with Tulsa, Memphis, Texas teams, Florida teams, ECU - should PRIORITIZE the Northeast. For TV eyeballs ... to maximize value. One notes Navy drove their deal. They, for their own selfish reasons, got into the WEST division (for God knows why).

A league that chased Boise & San Diego State ... took UCONN (and now makes statements about our lack of Football value) should have had a nice FOUR University pod in the northeast corridor. They did not have the foresight to pull that together. And that is a big fail by Aresco. I believe that they could have driven their espn number higher. Yet, I am left happy on the point that I will be going to the Garden 25 years after I first felt that rush of UCONN fans taken over Manhattan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suspect that Aresco never felt that we'd leave, so he never looked after our interests. Our leaving the conference for a BB only conference really dings the P6 narrative he was trying to sell. This is his screw up and that will complicate the negotiation for our departure.

He's kind of in a box though. He desperately wants to undercut our value to minimize his screw up, but if that is the case then we shouldn't have to pay a premium to leave early.

Reaction Score
Hate to tell you Chief broke the story as @CL82 indicated but did not publicize it due to football needing more time.
Priceless. So does this mean you broke the story in your head? Yeah, me too. 6 months ago (you lost that race too).

Desperately trying to gain credibility by constantly trying to blow your own horn is pathetic. With one post each uconngb and Kmart have blown you away.

“Blaze strategy” responsible for number 8 recruiting class. How is that possible when the they committed in 2015 and Blaze opened in 2016? You never replied to that.

Reaction Score
I suspect that Aresco never felt that we'd leave, so he never looked after our interests. Our leaving the conference for a BB only conference really dings the P6 narrative he was trying to sell. This is his screw up and that will complicate the negotiation for our departure.

He's kind of in a box though. He desperately wants to undercut our value to minimize his screw up, but if that is the case then we shouldn't have to pay a premium to leave early.
The only school to win national titles out of his conference. No one else has come close. For as great a year as UCF and Houston had last year did they even make the sweet 16? Cincy is great if yiur league aspires to have its best sent home by the round of 32.

C

Chief00

Yes, despite the many fails of our leaders, we seem to be pivoting better to the key argument - how the “damage” of leaving early should be monetized. We seem to be saying we want to stay for football (which is the only current sport that drives $’s for the AAC). Aresco is fighting the last battle and proclaiming UConn doesn’t add value.

C

Chief00

Priceless. So does this mean you broke the story in your head? Yeah, me too. 6 months ago (you lost that race too).

Desperately trying to gain credibility by constantly trying to blow your own horn is pathetic. With one post each uconngb and Kmart have blown you away.

“Blaze strategy” responsible for number 8 recruiting class. How is that possible when the they committed in 2015 and Blaze opened in 2016? You never replied to that.

You are looking foolish again - the only clothing you seem comfortable wearing. Chief just provided documentation to the masses (which you are a subset of) proving you are wrong.

Reaction Score
You are looking foolish again - the only clothing you seem comfortable wearing. Chief just provided documentation to the masses (which you are a subset of) proving you are wrong.
Still haven’t answered the blaze question. Your right, it is foolish to ask you a question.

Here it comes.... “Seven chipmunks twirling on a branch, eating lots of sunflowers on my uncle’s ranch.” I’m curious, do you make that twitching noise too?

C

Chief00

So just to go through and consolidate the chronology documented elsewhere:
Tuesday morning , 6/18 - Chief breaks the news
Friday evening after 11pm - Digital “breaks the news publicly.
Within an hour Chief confirms the story to skeptical fans.
Sunday, June 30th @Chia Pet still clueless

Reaction Score
6/1 Kmart says good news coming.
6/12 uconngb passes on BE news.
6/18 insider wannabe makes feeble attempt claiming he breaks the news.
6/30 still can’t explain blaze strategy goof up

I’m pretty sure the only person in this conversation who’s foolish or clueless is the third one.

Mic drop

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You need to relax cuz. You’re taking this stuff too third personal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom