Paging Jeff Jacobs... | The Boneyard

Paging Jeff Jacobs...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen the actual AAC agreement? If not consider FOIA it. I'm curious about what it says regarding departing members and if UConn is among the the teams that would trigger (the option for) renegotiation of the contract.

Also, it's interesting the Aresco says he knew that UConn was unhappy and he's not surprised by there departure. Kind seems like he took UConn's membership for granted.

Feels like there's a story in there.

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen the actual AAC agreement? If not consider FOIA it. I'm curious about what it says regarding departing members and if UConn is among the the teams that would trigger (the option for) renegotiation of the contract.

Also, it's interesting the Aresco says he knew that UConn was unhappy and he's not surprised by there departure. Kind seems like he took UConn's membership for granted.

3rd tier rights had to be one of the major problems. I'm sure schools/presidents gave their 2 cents during negotiations. Articles were written about our displeasure with SNY being out at the time

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

You know you can make a FOIA request, too, right?

Reaction Score

ESPN has the right to change the terms of its media deal with American Athletic Conference if UConn bolts to the Big East, as expected. The 12-year, $1 billion media rights deal that was signed in March carries a composition clause that gives ESPN the right to renegotiate its terms if any of the schools leave the conference.

Reaction Score
You know I'm way too lazy to do that, right?

(Sidebar: Coincidentally, last week I just reviewed the results of an OPRA request.)
Did she ask you to be interviewed and talk about The Boneyard and the recent jump back to the BE ?

Reaction Score
There's 2 possible answers:
Either ESPN thinks nothing of our value
Or AAC knew we were likely leaving and negotiated a concession to leave us out of the clause (or on the same track the AAC's price was too high for ESPN to push for including us in the clause).

Reaction Score
According to that article, we won a national championship in 2013. I guess that means we have 5 since 1999.
That extra title actually makes our value to ESPN -$84mil. AAC now gets that back for free.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The majority of UConn beat writers are lazy as hell. They use the-boneyard for story ideas/rumors/sources. Why not do a weekly FOIA request? The Lafayette deal was signed months ago. SMH.
Our beat writers are so bad I don’t even bother following them on social media. I get my info from fan accounts like Storrs South, Cue the Music, TCF, and Uconn Stats.

CL82

Reaction Score
Did she ask you to be interviewed and talk about The Boneyard and the recent jump back to the BE ?
It took me a while to figure out what you were going for. OPRA = Open Public Records Act. That’s the NJ version of the freedom of information act.

Reaction Score
LOL, maybe, but he “fragilely” called the move to the NBE a month before anyone else so...
Did he? I don’t remember seeing any sort of prediction - Not even him saying “some big news is coming” which would be the vague prediction we would normally see.

CL82

Reaction Score
A month? More like early the same day.
Well that’s a day before it broke so...

Check your PMs.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I may have dreamt this but didn’t we not Sign off on the tv deal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom