PAC dysfunction | Page 12 | The Boneyard

PAC dysfunction

Reaction Score
UConn just easily won a national championship over the best Big 10 team in 20+ years, so your dancing on our grave bit has turned out to be a bit premature. Is that why you are dancing on Oregon State’s grave? Classy.
“ just easily won”. ??? Over Iowa???

I’m confused?

Reaction Score
I love the idea of UConn in the B1G… but we don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell. We check exactly none of the requisite boxes, and if we wanted to get in, it would take a huge football commitment and about 15 years on the academics side of things. The path to the B1G goes through the Big 12 or the ACC and a big climb from there.

Reaction Score
UConn just easily won a national championship over the best Big 10 team in 20+ years, so your dancing on our grave bit has turned out to be a bit premature. Is that why you are dancing on Oregon State’s grave? Classy.
I'd tell you to F off, but no one on here likes you, so I feel sorry for you in a sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I love the idea of UConn in the B1G… but we don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell. We check exactly none of the requisite boxes, and if we wanted to get in, it would take a huge football commitment and about 15 years on the academics side of things. The path to the B1G goes through the Big 12 or the ACC and a big climb from there.
So explain Rutgers and Maryland

Reaction Score
I'd tell you to F off, but no one on here likes you, so I feel sorry for you in a sense.
Not a good look. WSU and OSU are solid athletic programs whose fans are dealing with the negative ramifications of greedy conference realignment through no fault of their own.
Sound familiar?

Reaction Score
When Rutgers and Maryland were added, two requirements were 1) AAU member 2) Contiguous state. UConn was neither. Also, cable boxes.

Reaction Score
When Rutgers and Maryland were added, two requirements were 1) AAU member 2) Contiguous state. UConn was neither. Also, cable boxes.
Explain Nebraska and USC.
Yeah yeah I know. It’s always an excuse until it’s no longer an excuse. Blah blah blah

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I couldn’t read the article but the gist seems to be UCLA and Washington will struggle, USC and Oregon might be more successful in the Big10. I think that’s probably about right though I think all 4 will ultimately struggle to be relevant in a conference where they are out numbered and need to play 4 road games 2-3 time zones away against really tough competition in many cases. I could see UCLA really struggling. It doesn’t work well when you are the sidekick, as UCLA was. Ask BC. But I think USC will struggle too. They have just opened California recruiting to the upper mid-west and northeast.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They were both attractive targets to maximize on the Big Ten network. Maryland allowed premium first year pricing in the DMV and Rutgers allowed it in the NYCDMA.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t read the article but the gist seems to be UCLA and Washington will struggle, USC and Oregon might be more successful in the Big10. I think that’s probably about right though I think all 4 will ultimately struggle to be relevant in a conference where they are out numbered and need to play 4 road games 2-3 time zones away against really tough competition in many cases. I could see UCLA really struggling. It doesn’t work well when you are the sidekick, as UCLA was. Ask BC. But I think USC will struggle too. They have just opened California recruiting to the upper mid-west and northeast.
reality is B10 football is a vehicle for OSU and Michigan and that won't change for a long time. Again, I've said it before, schools buying into the frame of other schools does not benefit the incoming school. Look how long Penn State was treated as a pure outsider

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
reality is B10 football is a vehicle for OSU and Michigan and that won't change for a long time. Again, I've said it before, schools buying into the frame of other schools does not benefit the incoming school. Look how long Penn State was treated as a pure outsider
The Big10 learned a lot on how not to add schools from the PSU addition. They did votes in secrecy, even from their own AD’s. When coaches like Bo Schembechler and Bob Knight found out, they blew up. Many AD’s thought they had no control and the presidents were just going to do what they wanted anyway. There had to be an agreement that there would be no more movement in the Big10 because Northwestern was afraid they were going to get kicked out. That was the deciding vote as they needed 7 and Michigan, MSU and Indiana were adamant no votes.

Big10 president Jim Delany, who first met with his university presidents during this event would later say the PSU addition was an F in execution and an A for an outcome.

Reaction Score
The funny thing about the Big 10 expansion is that none of the new teams have been particularly successful outside Penn State, who has had a Sort of Iowaish existence. When one of the big dogs struggle, they have a shot. Otherwise they are the B squad. I am guessing that the western adds will be similar. USC, Oregon, Washington UCLA in that order.

dayooper

Reaction Score
The funny thing about the Big 10 expansion is that none of the new teams have been particularly successful outside Penn State, who has had a Sort of Iowaish existence. When one of the big dogs struggle, they have a shot. Otherwise they are the B squad. I am guessing that the western adds will be similar. USC, Oregon, Washington UCLA in that order.
Yeah, Rutgers and Maryland were geographic adds. Their biggest asset is their location. Nebraska was the first after PSU and were in a transition period (no more prop 48 or taking risks on behavior issues). I also believe changing their identity from an option team hurt them as well. It set them apart from everyone else. They had to change as the veer just wasn’t going to cut it at that level anymore.

I think Oregon is best suited for success in the short term. They just might win the Big10 next year. Only OSU stands in their way. USC might be something long term, but they really haven’t done much since Pete Carroll left. Washington, like Michigan is resetting after their run (and new coaches) and I think UCLA will be a team like Illinois or Minnesota. Have decent teams every so often and suck in other years.

Reaction Score
Explain Nebraska and USC.
Yeah yeah I know. It’s always an excuse until it’s no longer an excuse. Blah blah blah
At the time of their admission Nebraska was in the AAU. It was widely expected they may be removed.. but they were in fact in at the time of their admission. USC and UCLA were the first to "Break" the rule

Reaction Score
Don‘t be. Nobody has run through the modern-day tournament the way UCONN has done for two consecutive years.
I’m still confused. Perhaps it’s the use of the word “just.” Does it mean “ merely?” Or does it mean “ recently?” If the former, I guess it makes some sense. If the latter, UConn has not “ run through the tournament “for consecutive years.

Reaction Score
I’m still confused. Perhaps it’s the use of the word “just.” Does it mean “ merely?” Or does it mean “ recently?” If the former, I guess it makes some sense. If the latter, UConn has not “ run through the tournament “for consecutive years.

I think you are confused.

Reaction Score
At the time of their admission Nebraska was in the AAU. It was widely expected they may be removed.. but they were in fact in at the time of their admission. USC and UCLA were the first to "Break" the rule
There are no “rules” to conference realignment, especially the oft boneyard quoted “Rule #1”. There may be contractual obligations but with the right influences and financial means those can all be overcome.
This is now and always has been about rich powerful people wanting to acquire more power and riches. They can’t see the future, they can only make decisions speculating what might happen. Sometimes they chose with total disregard for damage. Sometimes they make pee poor choices that fail miserably. No need to identify, we all know who’s who.

Reaction Score

Yes, UConn did "run through the tournament" for the past two years.

2024:

UConn concludes a dominant run to its 2nd straight NCAA title, beating Zach Edey and Purdue 75-60

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — A basketball beatdown. A coaching clinic. A double-digit domination.

Take one guess who finished off a romp through college basketball again. You bet, it’s UConn — a team built to win now, and often, and by a lot every time it takes the court.

Coach Dan Hurley’s Huskies delivered the latest of their suffocating hoops performances Monday night, smothering Purdue for a 75-60 victory to become the first team since 2007 to capture back-to-back national championships.

UConn won its sixth overall title and joined the 2006-07 Florida Gators and the 1991-92 Duke Blue Devils as just the third team to repeat since John Wooden’s UCLA dynasty of the 1960s and ’70s.

The 2024 Huskies are the sixth team to win all six tournament games by double-digit margins. They won those games by a grand total of 140 points, blowing past the 1996 Kentucky team, which won its six by 129.

The defensive dominance put the finishing touch on a tournament in which UConn’s average margin of victory was 23.3 points.

UConn wins 2023 NCAA Championship: Everything to know about Huskies' dominant March Madness run to fifth title

The 2023 NCAA Tournament concluded Monday night with UConn beating San Diego State 76-59 to claim the program's fifth national championship, with all five tournament wins coming since Jim Calhoun's first title in 1999. The Huskies have announced their return to the top of the sport with a win that caps a historic tournament run, with plenty of ways to consider this 2023 title season as one of the best in the modern era.

Dominant in the tournament
UConn is the first team ever to win six games by at least 13 points in the NCAA Tournament, and the first since 1981 Indiana to win every game by at least 13 points, as the Hoosiers only had five games in that title run.

One aspect of the Huskies' excellence in this tournament has been the team's performance on the defensive end, where they became the second team ever to hold six straight opponents to under 40% from the field in the tournament. The defense even got better as the tournament wore on, as no team from the Sweet 16 on shot better than Gonzaga's 33.3% in the Elite Eight.

dayooper

Reaction Score
What rule did UCLA and USC break? Both are AAU schools and it wasn’t a rule.

Reaction Score
Yes, UConn did "run through the tournament" for the past two years.

2024:

UConn concludes a dominant run to its 2nd straight NCAA title, beating Zach Edey and Purdue 75-60

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — A basketball beatdown. A coaching clinic. A double-digit domination.

Take one guess who finished off a romp through college basketball again. You bet, it’s UConn — a team built to win now, and often, and by a lot every time it takes the court.

Coach Dan Hurley’s Huskies delivered the latest of their suffocating hoops performances Monday night, smothering Purdue for a 75-60 victory to become the first team since 2007 to capture back-to-back national championships.

UConn won its sixth overall title and joined the 2006-07 Florida Gators and the 1991-92 Duke Blue Devils as just the third team to repeat since John Wooden’s UCLA dynasty of the 1960s and ’70s.

The 2024 Huskies are the sixth team to win all six tournament games by double-digit margins. They won those games by a grand total of 140 points, blowing past the 1996 Kentucky team, which won its six by 129.

The defensive dominance put the finishing touch on a tournament in which UConn’s average margin of victory was 23.3 points.

UConn wins 2023 NCAA Championship: Everything to know about Huskies' dominant March Madness run to fifth title

The 2023 NCAA Tournament concluded Monday night with UConn beating San Diego State 76-59 to claim the program's fifth national championship, with all five tournament wins coming since Jim Calhoun's first title in 1999. The Huskies have announced their return to the top of the sport with a win that caps a historic tournament run, with plenty of ways to consider this 2023 title season as one of the best in the modern era.

Dominant in the tournament
UConn is the first team ever to win six games by at least 13 points in the NCAA Tournament, and the first since 1981 Indiana to win every game by at least 13 points, as the Hoosiers only had five games in that title run.

One aspect of the Huskies' excellence in this tournament has been the team's performance on the defensive end, where they became the second team ever to hold six straight opponents to under 40% from the field in the tournament. The defense even got better as the tournament wore on, as no team from the Sweet 16 on shot better than Gonzaga's 33.3% in the Elite Eight.

Oh. You’re talking mbb on a wbb board. You have cured my confusion

Reaction Score
that's how I see things, ultimately they will always be outsiders to somebody else's party

What rule did UCLA and USC break? Both are AAU schools and it wasn’t a rule.
people forget there isn't really a rule, just an excuse the Big 10 made for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom