PAC dysfunction | Page 13 | The Boneyard

PAC dysfunction

Reaction Score
AAU was never a rule. Michigan State did not join the AAU until 8 years AFTER they were admitted to the B1G.

Reaction Score
Oh. You’re talking mbb on a wbb board. You have cured my confusion
Yea, you took a left somewhere you weren't supposed to and have wandered away from home. Look at the top of the page.

Reaction Score
I guess I don’t understand what the PAC ever did to USC. Framing it as insulting and unfair that the PAC has rights to their spring game seems disingenuous. You leave a conference, it comes with some penalties.

Reaction Score
I guess this baseball season will see the last PAC-12 pennant. Go Beavers!

I just realized. the Big 10 might actually have some competitive baseball teams.

Reaction Score

I just realized. the Big 10 might actually have some competitive baseball teams.

A side benefit to realignment. These moves are all about money and football, but most of the B1G's realignment moves have benefited baseball.

Nebraska and Maryland are frequently top contenders and have each won conference championships. Rutgers usually does decent but has never won a B1G championship yet. USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington should be strong in the conference standings.

And if you look at possible future additions, most schools that have any shot at joining the B1G have decent baseball teams.

Kind of ironic that the B1G is improving itself in a sport that is an afterthought.

Reaction Score

The latest Baseball America Top 25..

Loaded with SEC.teams...(8) ACC (7). But USC and Oregon are there. As is Stanford for ACC.

Reaction Score
A side benefit to realignment. These moves are all about money and football, but most of the B1G's realignment moves have benefited baseball.

Nebraska and Maryland are frequently top contenders and have each won conference championships. Rutgers usually does decent but has never won a B1G championship yet. USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington should be strong in the conference standings.

And if you look at possible future additions, most schools that have any shot at joining the B1G have decent baseball teams.

Kind of ironic that the B1G is improving itself in a sport that is an afterthought.
Makes sense. The B1G is aligning more and more with MLB. Just needs FLA and TX

mlb.jpg

Reaction Score
Purdue has not made the CWS...nor has Maryland...Oregon did it once...Southern Cal..21...UCLA,,5.

Reaction Score
Purdue has not made the CWS...nor has Maryland...Oregon did it once...Southern Cal..21...UCLA,,5.
While Oregon State has not merely been to the CWS (7 times) , they have won the Championship three times this century.

Oregon's one CWS appearance is insignificant compared to the Beavers. UDub is about like da ducks.

Southern Cals' baseball is like its WBB (before this year). Once and former royalty that has not been a playa' in a couple of decades. They won the championship 12 times between WWII and the end of the 20th century! None since. Indeed, they have not appeared in the CWS since 2001. But still, they are blue bloods like Tennessee wbb.

UCLA has a pretty significant baseball history this century including one runnerup in 2010 and one championship 2013.

GO BEAVERS! (Power conferences don't own baseball. The SEC is very powerful, but there's still room for a Coastal Carolina to win it all)).

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Michigan made it in 2019. They were runners up to Vanderbilt. It was 2 games to 1.

Reaction Score
Michigan made it in 2019. They were runners up to Vanderbilt. It was 2 games to 1.

I did not mention Michigan...but they have made 8 appearances...Ohio State has made 4.

Those with 20 or more appearances...Arizona State...FSU...Miami...Oklahoma State...Southern Cal...Texas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom