PAC 12 WBB News | Page 25 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ducks steal one on the road in Corvallis 74-66. Beavers made a tremendous run 18-3 to close out the 3rd and get a lead. Solid 4th put it away for Ducks. Oregon now begins a 4 game home stand.
You mean the refs tried to steal it. No flow to the game what so ever.

Reaction Score
Clock issues at Gill were just awful. Not really the refs.
Graves had to remind them to put some points up on the score board is what he said post game. A lot of pushing on Parrish that was not called. Can't say the game got into a good flow but it did not affect the outcome. The more talented team won.

Reaction Score
This confirms the rumors that Oregon State has been trying to avoid rescheduling games last season and this season.
Knowing that I hope Oregon St gets pummeled the rest of the way

Reaction Score
WSU beats UCLA 66-65. WSU is hanging out on the bubble, UCLA probably will not make the dance now.
WSU is the team that won’t go away. I don’t know how they win these games. I’ve been impressed with one game they’ve played this year. The win at USC. They remind me of BC in the ACC, even when they win they look like they lost.

Reaction Score
So from Afar, is the PAC12 coaches leading in technicals?
You could be on to something because early in the game the WSU coach got one too. Didn't Rueck get one yesterday? Multiple technical fouls in Arizona game but I don't know if it was player or coach. Anger management course needed for PAC12 coaches?

Reaction Score
How dangerous was this play Oregon State is referring to? I didn't see it.

Rueck was hit with a technical foul after what he thought was non-call and a dangerous play. After getting little satisfaction from the official, Rueck walked away, turned to the Gill Coliseum crowd and began motioning his arms, asking for noise.

Rueck insists he wasn’t trying to fire up his team.

“I wasn’t happy with what I thought was a dangerous play. It’s my job. I’m hired to coach and protect this team,” Rueck said.

Reaction Score
How dangerous was this play Oregon State is referring to? I didn't see it.

Rueck was hit with a technical foul after what he thought was non-call and a dangerous play. After getting little satisfaction from the official, Rueck walked away, turned to the Gill Coliseum crowd and began motioning his arms, asking for noise.

Rueck insists he wasn’t trying to fire up his team.

“I wasn’t happy with what I thought was a dangerous play. It’s my job. I’m hired to coach and protect this team,” Rueck said.
When he turned to the crowd and motioned to them to continue to boo loudy after it , now was bush league. He should have just had the crowd just flip off the referees. :) Btw, there was no dangerous play and that was discussed by their own fans. They think he is feeling some heat after going 0-3 after getting something like a 10 year contract renewal:eek:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
2 minutes before Cate got teed up Meals Giles was hit with an intentional foul. It was physical it was rough just like any territorial cup game. CTT's team had what it took and we had just enough defense to close them down.
Cate wasn't teed up. It was Pueyo, who wasn't protesting the call as much as protesting that the call meant we were not going to be able to score. She slammed the ball down in frustration. The foul was on Cate, Pueyo was no where near by.

I have never seen a team so unable to do the simple stuff as Arizona last night. Free throws? Not stupid technical fouls? Rebound, anyone? Event the 3 point shooting was off.

Arizona State is going to need another good victory (please, not us Sunday) and I think they are in the dance. They are much better than they showed earlier this year. Of course, I have long admired the job CTT does, with her odd substitution patterns.

Reaction Score
Cate wasn't teed up. It was Pueyo, who wasn't protesting the call as much as protesting that the call meant we were not going to be able to score. She slammed the ball down in frustration. The foul was on Cate, Pueyo was no where near by.

I have never seen a team so unable to do the simple stuff as Arizona last night. Free throws? Not stupid technical fouls? Rebound, anyone? Event the 3 point shooting was off.

Arizona State is going to need another good victory (please, not us Sunday) and I think they are in the dance. They are much better than they showed earlier this year. Of course, I have long admired the job CTT does, with her odd substitution patterns.
You haven’t watched BC or Wash St. BC is still a terrible fundamental team. ESPN announcer spent half the NC St game saying “and BC just gave the ball away again.”
One of the sloppier teams in the nation but they find a way. NC came back from 14 in the 4th quarter by applying pressure. NC St came back from 18 last year by applying pressure. BC folded like a pancake. Those two games were the worst giveaways I’ve ever seen in college basketball. When Dickens was a starter it was nothing for her to have 10 turnovers. I’m a Dickens fan as a scorer off the bench though. Very valuable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Thanks for the clarification on the T. In game it looked like the T was on Reese due to her reaction. In the post game show Jeff Munn said it was on Reese so thanks for clearing that up.

I think part of the reason Arizona struggled was the quality of ASU defense. This was the first time ASU sustained the type of defense that CTT is known for throughout the game. That may sound surprising given the 78 in scoring by the Cavs but they are after all the number six team in the country and extremely talented.

Total of 69 fouls called in this game 35 on ASU. So it was extremely physical throughout.

I think the kitties were a little surprised by ASU's ability to score the ball. Both ASU and Uconn scored 25 in their first quarters as well as 42 in their first half. Clearly Arizona is a far better defensive team than DePaul and I think that once the Cats started keying on Loville it open things up for Giles and Hansen and they were able to step up.

McKale will be insane tomorrow. I'm certain there will be 10,000 insane kitties all out for blood. Both teams emptied the tank last night so it'll be interesting how the pace of the game unfolds. I'd be very surprised if 150 points are racked up.

In the post game last night Jeff Munn said Charlie Creme had ASU in the play in game and this was before tip off. Assuming that the Sun Devils don't get blown out tomorrow and survive the four game road trip over the next 9 days I think we may well be in the dance.

Reaction Score
When he turned to the crowd and motioned to them to continue to boo loudy after it , now was bush league. He should have just had the crowd just flip off the referees. :) Btw, there was no dangerous play and that was discussed by their own fans. They think he is feeling some heat after going 0-3 after getting something like a 10 year contract renewal:eek:

Typical beavers.

Reaction Score
Beavers join the Duck hunting party and look to yell timber next Friday as they work to make their season dancing worthy. OSU wins 68-62 in Eugene.

Utah is perplexing.

Reaction Score
At this juncture, Stanford has all but wrapped up at least a share the conference title—barring catastrophe in the last four games. If Oregon wins their last four, and Stanford goes on a four game losing streak, Oregon will win by virtue of having played and won one more game

Reaction Score
Utah escapes California in OT. That would’ve been a brutal loss for any at large hopes the Utes had. Good to escape in Berkeley.

Reaction Score
Beavers got sweet revenge on the Ducks at Mathew Knight Arena this afternoon. Cut out their hearts just like the Ducks did to the Beavs at Gill in Corvallis Friday Night. Neither team could hold home court last year either.

OSU was without their second best player, center Taylor Jones, who is out the rest of the season because of shoulder surgery. Hope she fully recovers and comes back to play a great senior season next year. The Beavers will be adding two more top notch bigs next season (6'3" 5 star MAA Timea Gardiner the ESPN #6 ranked player overall in 2022, and 6'3" 5 star MAA Raegan Beers, the ESPN # 10 player overall in 2022). They will lose 6'3"Ellie Mack, 6'4" Subasic who never plays, and maybe 6'2" Taya Corosdole. Go Beavs!

Reaction Score
Beavers got sweet revenge on the Ducks at Mathew Knight Arena this afternoon. Cut out their hearts just like the Ducks did to the Beavs at Gill in Corvallis Friday Night. Neither team could hold home court last year either.

OSU was without their second best player, center Taylor Jones, who is out the rest of the season because of shoulder surgery. Hope she fully recovers and comes back to play a great senior season next year. The Beavers will be adding two more top notch bigs next season (6'3" 5 star MAA Timea Gardiner the ESPN #6 ranked player overall in 2022, and 6'3" 5 star MAA Raegan Beers, the ESPN # 10 player overall in 2022). They will lose 6'3"Ellie Mack, 6'4" Subasic who never plays, and maybe 6'2" Taya Corosdole. Go Beavs!
Are you hosting in March?

We got some good ones coming in too.

Reaction Score
Washington St eked out another win beating USC by 3. They are 16-8, 8-5 with the 2 Arizona teams coming in next weekend.

Reaction Score
Are you hosting in March?

We got some good ones coming in too.

Yes, a bunch of Pac-12 teams have excellent recruiting classes in 2022. I would not be suprised if 2022 is the highest ever/best ever recruiting class for the conference as a whole!!! What with UCLA #1, Oregon #2, Oregon State #3, Stanford #5, Arizona #8, Washington #14. Could it be the highest rated Conference wide recruiting class for any conference in college WBB history????

As to your first question, even if the Beavers win out in the regular season, which is unlikely, they still won't be a top 16 team which is required to host. Now, if they performed a miracle and won the Pac-12 Conference tournament, maybe, just maybe they would end up top 16. But that ain't happening.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, a bunch of Pac-12 teams have excellent recruiting classes in 2022. I would not be suprised if 2022 is the highest ever/best ever recruiting class for the conference as a whole!!! What with UCLA #1, Oregon #2, Oregon State #3, Stanford #5, Arizona #8, Washington #14. Could it be the highest rated Conference wide recruiting class for any conference in college WBB history????

As to your first question, even if the Beavers win out in the regular season, which is unlikely, they still won't be a top 16 team which is required to host. Now, if they performed a miracle and won the Pac-12 Conference tournament, maybe, just maybe they would end up top 16. But that ain't happening.
That and our womens athletic director I believe is on the NCAA committee this year. And you are right in recruiting. A high tide raises all boats in the conference. Over the years fans saying wait until next year seems less of a big deal. Play in the now and what you have today matters more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Taylor Jones will be a junior next year, along with Kennedy Brown. Taya Corosdale has another year, if she chooses to come back for another season (PLEASE)

Reaction Score
UofA wins the rematch before 8400+ fans at McKale. ASU tied the game with over a minute left but couldn't pull off a second upset. 35 total fouls in this one after the refs called 69 on Friday.

Both teams tired and Wildcats successfully shut down Loville.

Devils continue this four game road swing with a makeup game against Cal midweek. Assuming we take care of that business on the road the swing up to Washington begins with the key game against the Cougars. After the weekend ASU ends the regular season with the Trojans at home on the 24th what may be a key game for sesding in the season ender against the Bruins on the 26th.

At this point CTT is in good shape but we really have to take care of business and wins against the Cougars and Bruins would be super helpful. Given the topsy-turvy pac conference play I think I would take a split in thise two games and hope our role is favorites in the remaining games allows us to prevail.

Reaction Score
glad for the beavers, what excuse is Kelly Graves getting this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom