Pac-12 Tournament thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pac-12 Tournament thread

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Pendande w/ some easy pickings against Lilliputian Husky lineup.

Melgoza notches another 30 point game.

68-62 4 minutes left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Several huge defensive lapses by UW giving up wide open layups.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lynne Roberts has never won a Pac 12 Tourney game. That's gonna change in 40 seconds. 70-63 Utes. Too much Maxwell and Pendande in the second half.

Well that's fitting, another injured Husky to end the year. Watkins went down hard as she attempted a block. Down on her back, hasn't moved for a couple minutes.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Lynne Roberts has never won a Pac 12 Tourney game. That's gonna change in 40 seconds. 70-63 Utes. Too much Maxwell and Pendande in the second half.

Well that's fitting, another injured Husky to end the year. Watkins went down hard as she attempted a block. Down on her back, hasn't moved for a couple minutes.
Wow hard to believe she’d never won until now. So she’s now 1-4 in P12T games? (1-5 after tomorrow?)

Utah exacts some revenge for their season ending tourney loss last year. Sad to see the end of a really brilliant career by Melgoza. She really shined on an otherwise mostly lackluster team for 3 whole seasons. She had 30 big points in her last game but she did have some crucial misses down the stretch that might’ve kept UW in the game

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sad to see the end of a really brilliant career by Melgoza. She really shined on an otherwise mostly lackluster team for 3 whole seasons.

So...how do you think the UW offense is gonna look next year without her? I'm really, really scared of what's coming next. :oops:

Reaction Score
What a great game between UCLA vs Oregon. Refs haven't been so favorable to UCLA.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What a great game between UCLA vs Oregon. Refs haven't been so favorable to UCLA.

You must be watching a replay of a previous season's tourney. Neither of those teams is playing today, and certainly not against each other.

Reaction Score
You must be watching a replay of a previous season's tourney. Neither of those teams is playing today, and certainly not against each other.
Stand corrected. Thank you for informing me.

Reaction Score
Kiana Moore has repeatedly literally put her hand ON Melgoza's face when guarding her. That can't be legal can it? Should get T'd up for that crap.
Moore is pesky. That should have been a foul or tech every time she touched Melgoza's face. Extremely disrespectful. Thankfully, we don't see that much in sports. Would have led to fights back in my day.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: So now Utah is the dirtiest team in the conference? Maybe Rueck should call a press conference about this.
Nope. ASU still is. Rueck seems to have moved on to focusing on his own team recently. Seems to be working better that way.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nope. ASU still is. Rueck seems to have moved on to focusing on his own team recently. Seems to be working better that way.
Yeah too bad he didn’t think to focus more on his own team before they lost 4 in a row.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Colorado and USC tied at the half. Kind of a boring game, frankly, or maybe I’m just tired :oops:

USC started the half really well but Colorado recovered in 2Q. Pili has 11 and Tuitele has 12.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kayla the Bruiser Overbeck just picked up her 3rd foul. Rogers has 3 as well. Lots of whistles here early in 3Q.

Reaction Score
Wynn has been juggling her lineup. Miller is starting in place of injured Rees. Peterson started most of the season but has been moved to the bench. Watkins had been starting lately, not today.
Any relation to 2023 judea?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Moore is pesky. That should have been a foul or tech every time she touched Melgoza's face. Extremely disrespectful. Thankfully, we don't see that much in sports. Would have led to fights back in my day.

Thank you for validating me! @Plebe seems to imply I whine too much. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I was thinking. You try that in most circumstances and you're gonna get punched in the face, but with Pac 12 refs it's all good. Never had a problem w/ Moore before, but that really lowered my opinion of her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
USC pulled away late for a 69-54 win. Colorado just went ice cold in the last 13 or so minutes of the game. They got a ton of offensive rebounds but just couldn’t convert anything.

Reaction Score
Have you ever seen that before? Would you be concerned if someone was doing that to a UConn player? "Get a hand in her face" is a phrase, but I've never seen it done literally.

Was going to post the clip of MoJeff literally face guarding Diggins a few years ago but couldn't find it. She did get called for it but since it was done to get under someone's skin even more than she already had was a smart foul. Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Reaction Score
Thank you for validating me! @Plebe seems to imply I whine too much. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I was thinking. You try that in most circumstances and you're gonna get punched in the face, but with Pac 12 refs it's all good. Never had a problem w/ Moore before, but that really lowered my opinion of her.
If Plebe has played the game at the high school level or above, he shouldn't be cool with an opponent touching another player's face when guarding him/her. A verbal warning should be issued by the official the first time it occurs. Second time is a foul or tech for inappropriate contact. In a pick up game, pushing and/or blows would be in order. An official can't allow contact to the face to continue. Period.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If Plebe has played the game at the high school level or above, he shouldn't be cool with an opponent touching another player's face when guarding him/her. A verbal warning should be issued by the official the first time it occurs. Second time is a foul or tech for inappropriate contact. In a pick up game, pushing and/or blows would be in order. An official can't allow contact to the face to continue. Period.
Are we seriously making this personal? I played this game plenty and have seen all the scenarios thank you very much.

How do we know it was intentional contact? probably just tried to play her hand close to the face and then touched it. This is a common foul, not a tech unless it’s obviously an intentional swipe or slap.

Let’s move on. Game is over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How do we know it was intentional contact?

Well the camera caught her doing it at least 3 times. Her aim isn't very good if she was doing this accidentally. Plus you get some sensory feedback, so if you don't intend to do it you should pull your hand away immediately. That's not what I saw occurring.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Chanelle Molina is indeed back in the lineup for Washington St. tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well the camera caught her doing it at least 3 times. Her aim isn't very good if she was doing this accidentally. Plus you get some sensory feedback, so if you don't intend to do it you should pull your hand away immediately. That's not what I saw occurring.
I will have to rewatch later because I was only watching in person and could only see one incident from where I was. In the meantime I’ll be in touch with Rueck’s people so that Facetouch-gate can be his next campaign :rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
I will have to rewatch later because I was only watching in person and could only see one incident from where I was. In the meantime I’ll be in touch with Rueck’s people so that Facetouch-gate can be his next campaign :rolleyes::cool:
We'll leave that one for Wynn to pursue.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

I like ya, but we definitely don't see eye to eye on occasion. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom