Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What I don't like about those concept drawings is seeing pedestrian and vehicle traffic co-mingled. If they are going to do this right, they should have a pedestrian-only area with parking on the outside, similar to Patriots Place or Wrentham Outlets. Even better, I would locate the parking as far away from the Rent/gameday parking as possible, on the far side of the shopping area. It would still have pedestrian concourses to Cabela's and the Rent and you could probably have one of the gameday lots as holiday overflow parking.

Reaction Score
Rumor is our Fire Marshall will be working full time on the plans. That's a firehouse rumor though. About as reliable as Weekly World News. I'll go see her on Monday and see if I can get the straight poop.
Come on...those rumors ALWYS are true...LMFAO.... I will say this...you guys will know the true scope of the project.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There better be a Dairy Bar built there as well. Maybe if the deal in Hartford falls through, Hooker can buikd their brewery and beer garden in the development
Two great ideas.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Cabela's is there and I really DNGAFF.An outlet mall will be nice when games are not being played. I do not foresee many hitting up the outlets after 6 hours or so outside

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Cabela's is there and I really DNGAFF.An outlet mall will be nice when games are not being played. I do not foresee many hitting up the outlets after 6 hours or so outside
Are you in Cabela's target market? I've never stepped foot in Cabela's, but at the end of the day, I'm not much of a fisherman, hunter, or camper. My son is getting older and I'll be the market for a tent soon, so I may get there eventually, but a lone specialty store virtually in the middle of nowhere is not a case study of if an Evergreen Walk or Power and Light District type establishment would work.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
There better be a Dairy Bar built there as well. Maybe if the deal in Hartford falls through, Hooker can buikd their brewery and beer garden in the development
Now we're talking! I heard that ship had sailed in Hartford next to the new ballpark anyway?

Reaction Score
Are you in Cabela's target market? I've never stepped foot in Cabela's, but at the end of the day, I'm not much of a fisherman, hunter, or camper. My son is getting older and I'll be the market for a tent soon, so I may get there eventually, but a lone specialty store virtually in the middle of nowhere is not a case study of if an Evergreen Walk or Power and Light District type establishment would work.

I am actually surprised that the outlet 'mall' will not be built immediately adjacent to Cabela's. I think they would be complementary and such a layout would enable people to walk between stores instead of getting back in the car for a 2 minute drive.

Reaction Score
Now we're talking! I heard that ship had sailed in Hartford next to the new ballpark anyway?

I haven't heard anything about it being done. I honestly stopped caring and paying attention. But I'd really like to see UConn actively work with the local breweries to bring their beers in the stadium at the very least

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
From that Fox CT article:

"The development project is expected to bring more than 900,000 sq. ft. of outlet shops, mixed-use retail, lodging, civic, residential, and restaurant space to Rentschler Field."

Since when is this thing also bringing a hotel and apartments to The Rent???

Reaction Score
From that Fox CT article:

"The development project is expected to bring more than 900,000 sq. ft. of outlet shops, mixed-use retail, lodging, civic, residential, and restaurant space to Rentschler Field."

Since when is this thing also bringing a hotel and apartments to The Rent???

Ever since it was planned, East Hartford wanted townhouses/apartments and single family homes there.

Reaction Score
I have been to Cabela's a number of times. Does a good business always a good number of out of state license plates in the parking lot. I'm a hunter but have been there with non sportsman types and they have enjoyed it. They bought clothes, grilling items and food. I have seen UConn, Patriots and Giant items in there also.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Ever since it was planned, East Hartford wanted townhouses/apartments and single family homes there.
That's fine as long as they're nice... I mean it would be really cool to have a hotel on the site too. Imagine the visiting team being able to stay right next the the stadium? Then have to walk to The Rent with all us tailgaters heckeling them! Haha

Reaction Score
"He said the project is out to bid, in order to break ground by October.
Horizon projects the shopping center will open in fall 2016 or early 2017."

That's a really fast turn-around for breaking ground.

Should make the parking situation a hell of lot better.......more cones is the obvious solution.

Reaction Score
Has anybody seen the birds eye view of where this is going to be built? Is this going to be walkable from the stadium?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Looks like it's going to be built on the runway / old Red lot. I guess if they knew they could break ground in the fall, it explains the runway and adjacent areas being closed off for parking on gamedays. @whaler11 myself and others were complaining about this, guess it'll stay the same for this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom