Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Outlet Shopping Center coming to The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It might be lame, it might be okay, it might be pretty great. As far as gameday, the driver still has to be winning football games. Do that and everything else follows.

Reaction Score
Level some of the vacant plazas on Silver Lane too please.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think development like this is great for the area but I just worry about the parking shrinking as more gets built. I look at the map in the article and that looks a lot like a big chunk of red lot parking. If/When the stadium expands, where are all the cars gonna go? Maybe I just am off with my bearings?

Reaction Score
I think development like this is great for the area but I just worry about the parking shrinking as more gets built. I look at the map in the article and that looks a lot like a big chunk of red lot parking. If/When the stadium expands, where are all the cars gonna go? Maybe I just am off with my bearings?
Parking garages, the bane of tailgaters worldwide.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good for East Hartford and I think it would be good for UCONN overall. A full day in East Hartford for the entire family, with football and shopping.
Now there is need for a new Hockey Arena on campus, baseball, soccer and basketball arena.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am old enough to remember Ranger fans chanting "Let's Go Shopping!" at Whaler fans back in the 80s and 90s and used to hate it. As long as visiting fans don't chant that at UCONN fans before and after games, I'm okay with this.

Kidding aside, I think it's great. Throw up a hotel for visiting fans and expand the stadium to 60K too!

Reaction Score
I understand the development, but I fear it will greatly take away from the tailgating atmosphere.

I live 5 minutes from the stadium, I guess I should be happy outlet stores are being built, but I just feel meh.

Reaction Score
huskysupporter said:
I understand the development, but I fear it will greatly take away from the tailgating atmosphere.

I live 5 minutes from the stadium, I guess I should be happy outlet stores are being built, but I just feel meh.

Did you see the map where it its going to go? This has no affect on tailgating lots. In fact if you park in blue lot or aircraft club you won't even know its there.

Reaction Score

I just hope it never comes to satellite lots and shuttle busing.

Reaction Score
At the risk of waking up conspiracy kitty, the developer is from Michigan. Just sayin.
I can't believe no one else has mentioned this! Company is based in Michigan with executive offices in Chicago. The writing is on the wall. The invite is coming! They are obviously smart and have inside information!

Reaction Score
This has been the plan for a very long time. I worked on Patriots Place and while purusing the architect's .ftp site I came across the Master Plan of Rentschler Field "Outdoor Mall" in 2007. No need to worry about this killing the Tailgating Scene as there is plenty of room.

Reaction Score
The mall will be on the far end of the runway away from the Rent.

rentschlerfield-01.jpg

Reaction Score
Man this is big - 200K sq ft. That's a good size.

FYI - Woodbury Commons, which is the big outlet center north of NYC off of I-87 has 600k square feet (going to 900k soon).

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
With Westfarms on one side, Buckland Hills/Evergreen Walk on the other... Closest outlets an hour away... I think outlets are a smart choice that will do well on their own without any connection to Rentschler itself. That said I really do hope they include some UConn tie-ins in the development.

Reaction Score
FYI - Woodbury Commons, which is the big outlet center north of NYC off of I-87 has 600k square feet (going to 900k soon).
Hopefully they're also adding parking, unless they think all the new shops will just be supported by more NYC bus patrons.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they're also adding parking, unless they think all the new shops will just be supported by more NYC bus patrons.

Made one of my twice a year trips to the Woodbury insane asylum last weekend, everything is being torn up. Multi year project. A new parking deck is going up behind it nearest to I-87. In my opinion, it is already too big; but, it has some stores that can't be found anywhere else. If I did not need to dress-up for work, I would just go to Bob's to get jeans and t-shirts.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agree with @Jimmy Serrano . If it helps at all, great, if not who cares. I don't see how it has any major impact one way or another.

Reaction Score
Agree with @Jimmy Serrano . If it helps at all, great, if not who cares. I don't see how it has any major impact one way or another.
It helps in recruiting. With the shoppes at Storrs center it eliminates recruiters saying Storrs is an isolated campus. With further development at the Rent, it eliminates opponents recruiters telling recruits that UConn plays on an isolated airport runway.

Reaction Score
It helps in recruiting. With the shoppes at Storrs center it eliminates recruiters saying Storrs is an isolated campus. With further development at the Rent, it eliminates opponents recruiters telling recruits that UConn plays on an isolated airport runway.

I think that is major reach.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Storrs Center - totally agree.

Having a Tommy Hilfiger outlet 2 miles from the field? Uh, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom