Outer Cape Recs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Outer Cape Recs

Reaction Score
I’ll also check in for the Beachcomber. Late afternoon golden hour cocktails. Make sure you have a goombay smash.

Personally I find Arnold’s gross. It’s mass production fried seafood. A quarter into my plate and I regret it every time.

Cram as many wellfleet oysters in your face as you can. As an oyster snob they’re elite.

Download this shark tracker app. Buoys have underwater cameras and you see just which great white is in your neck of the woods.

As someone that gets dragged to Arnold's multiple times during our week in Eastham, I agree. I find ordering from the children's menu is tastier.

Reaction Score
The beachcomber charges 30.00 to park. They give you a 30.00 voucher that can be used on food, not drinks.

Moby Dick's in Wellfleet is another good seafood option and it's BYOB

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Get the Shartivity App. It’s fun to have anyway but could help you choose beaches at the very least, avoiding any closed to swimming.

Nor East Beer Garden in PTown. Nor' East Beer Garden

Reaction Score
The beachcomber charges 30.00 to park. They give you a 30.00 voucher that can be used on food, not drinks.

Moby Dick's in Wellfleet is another good seafood option and it's BYOB
2nd Moby Dick’s. Pick up some Suds at TreeHouse in Sandwich on the way if that’s something you are into.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Lived in Truro for 12 years. You can’t go wrong with any of these recommendations. For some of the restaurant recommedations timing is everything . For example Macs Shack in August fugetaboutit as we would say in Jersey unless you have a rezzy. Try Blackfish in Truro try the tuna bolognese. I am still trying to dissect the recipe. Get a beach sticker and swim in the kettle ponds. Great Pond in Truro was my fav. The RedInn in Ptown is great place for drinks and dinner. The Mews in the East End in Ptown and Mac’s in Ptown is also good and easier than to get into than Mac’s Shack. Harbor Stage Theatre great productions over the years. Oh and get the Sharkitivity app before you swim in the ocean!!!

Reaction Score
Beachcomber all the way….. crush as much of the raw bar as possible… seared tuna and raw osyters especially….. if you are not between 22 and 35, i’d say don’t go there on the weekends
We're 42 and 38, wife doesn't drink and I'm good for one drink a night, if that.

Based on that, is it worth the visit just for the food/vibe/ambiance? My gut says no since we're not "bar people".

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We're 42 and 38, wife doesn't drink and I'm good for one drink a night, if that.

Based on that, is it worth the visit just for the food/vibe/ambiance? My gut says no since we're not "bar people".
Probably not. It can be pretty crowded.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
-Chatham Squire --> Another spot to go out besides the Beachcomber
As someone who has been visiting the Squire for decades, it's really started to go downhill under the new ownership.
I'll probably give them one more chance this summer, but if my visit is as bad as last year, it won't be on my list anymore.

Impudent Oyster is fantastic. It's also hard to beat a sunset cocktail at Chatham Bars Inn, possibly followed by (a very expensive but very good) dinner.

Beachcomber should be a Cape bucket list item.

The Donut Hole in Orleans = great breakfast

Reaction Score
Today after driving up and down the outer cape we picked up takeout from Cooke’s (cold lobster roll and shrimp skewers for me, thank you) and had dinner at Nauset Beach. The ocean mist was pretty amazing, lots of surfers and saw three seals!

IMG_5142.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Today after driving up and down the outer cape we picked up takeout from Cooke’s (cold lobster roll and shrimp skewers for me, thank you) and had dinner at Nauset Beach. The ocean mist was pretty amazing, lots of surfers and saw three seals!

View attachment 101901
If you see seals, knee deep is about it. That water is also wicked cold in June (and in July).

I didn't mention it, but the Seal harbor cruise in Chatham was cool. So many seals. Thousands.

Reaction Score
If you see seals, knee deep is about it. That water is also wicked cold in June (and in July).

I didn't mention it, but the Seal harbor cruise in Chatham was cool. So many seals. Thousands.

That water is wicked cold all the time, which is why I prefer Block, Montauk, the Vineyard, Nantucket etc to the cape.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That water is wicked cold all the time, which is why I prefer Block, Montauk, the Vineyard, Nantucket etc to the cape.
The rest of the Cape isn't that cold. I usually go to North Falmouth (Buzzard's Bay) but Nantucket Sound or Bay Side in Dennis or Brewster is much, much warmer than the outer cape. Water temps easily in the 70s.

Reaction Score
We ended up loving Nauset Beach so much that we ended up bringing take out breakfast and dinner there today.

We picked up coffees and breakfast from Snowy Owl in Brewster and loved it. Had happy hour buck a shuck oysters and shrimp at Caroline’s in Eastham before bringing some pizza back to the beach and then caught the end of the Orleans Firebirds game for my first Cape Cod League game.

Overall, the Outer Cape has been my favorite part of the Cape so far. More local and low-key than other parts I’ve been to.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We ended up loving Nauset Beach so much that we ended up bringing take out breakfast and dinner there today.

We picked up coffees and breakfast from Snowy Owl in Brewster and loved it. Had happy hour buck a shuck oysters and shrimp at Caroline’s in Eastham before bringing some pizza back to the beach and then caught the end of the Orleans Firebirds game for my first Cape Cod League game.

Overall, the Outer Cape has been my favorite part of the Cape so far. More local and low-key than other parts I’ve been to.
Most of it is local and low key outside of Barnstable/Hyannis and maybe Chatham. Dennis and Brewster north of 6A, North Falmouth, all pretty laid back even in summer. Have you tried Coast Guard or Ballston beach for a change? There are several good ones in that stretch. Race Point further north in PTown as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom