Outcoached | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Outcoached

Reaction Score
This team is a reflection of their coach. Just outclassed in every way imaginable in every facet of the game. Defense, rebounding, dribbling, catching, poor decision making. It’s really hard to win at the college level when your best player is a big man.
You forgot shooting

Reaction Score
Maybe DH needs a touch of that JC “fire breathing” at times, when his starters aren’t hustling, etc.?
Well he is fire-breathing- at the officials. That will definitely fix everything.

Reaction Score
We can’t have a starter produce absolutely nothing in a big games consistently like Ajax does. What’s the downside for playing Hawkins more? Can’t get much worse than 1 point?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
They’ve played five mediocre-to-bad halves in a row and they’re trending in the wrong direction in February. It’s fair to criticize the coaching staff when that happens.

The offense plays with such little pace too often, and it’s when they’re at their worst. They probably won’t come back and win this one (fingers crossed I’m wrong), but I would like to see them pick up the pace on offense and play with effort on defense in the second half. Show us something they can at least build on.

This is exactly what happened, and they made a little run.

I don’t know if it’s the players or coaches, because for how intense Hurley is I don’t get it, but they seem to play listless constantly, especially first halves.

Once they started playing with intensity on D, not throwing robotic, lazy passes and started looking to score on the catch, stuff actually started looking decent. Too bad we were down 22.

Reaction Score
Our players as a group generally don’t have sound footwork, excellent dribbling skills and handles. The players on Villanova generally do have those sound fundamentals. We do have talent and athleticism but that’s only half the game.
That is still no excuse how unprepared we were for this game.

Reaction Score
Yes. But it all starts from the backcourt. The backcourt are the artery to the front court.
Back court along with Adama has carried this team most games. Remember, Cole is not a true point but has played well enough to be a first team BE. There is no other guard on this team that would do close as good

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You think KO was better? LOL! At least our recruiting has improved. Remember we are competing in the Big East and not the crappy AAC now. I bet this team would be second in the AAC with maybe one loss to Houston.
KO didn’t have a problem recruiting. He had a problem keeping guys in program. Jalen Adam’s, AG, Vance, etc were all highly ranked. Even recruited five star transfer Rodney Purvis.

Also there’s no telling what this team would do because we should be like that in the Big East… We’re probably the most talented team in the conference. These guys just have no idea how to play together offensively. Like no idea.

Reaction Score
Maybe DH needs a touch of that JC “fire breathing” at times, when his starters aren’t hustling, etc.?
Are you kidding? Any hotter than he was all game and he’d burst into flames.

Reaction Score
We’re so bad on offense. We can only put physical teams. If we can’t do that it’s over.
If your complaining about the offense today I don’t want to know what you think about the defense. They shot 60% from the floor.

Reaction Score
Back court along with Adama has carried this team most games. Remember, Cole is not a true point but has played well enough to be a first team BE. There is no other guard on this team that would do close as good
We can't blame Cole as he has to start the offense, look to score an be the man to get the big shot when we need it. He needs help. Time to give Hawkins more minutes. He has the talent but just has to get the confidence and allowed to play through his mistake. Polley is what he is at this time a streaky shooter who gets hot sometimes but gives next to nothing else and AJ has no offensive game unless it is putbacks, fast break points, an or a wide open 3.

Reaction Score
Poorly assembled team. Parts don't work well together. No shooters. No one who can get a bucket. No adjustments during game. Not good game plan or in game coaching.

Reaction Score
KO didn’t have a problem recruiting. He had a problem keeping guys in program. Jalen Adam’s, AG, Vance, etc were all highly ranked. Even recruited five star transfer Rodney Purvis.

Also there’s no telling what this team would do because we should be like that in the Big East… We’re probably the most talented team in the conference. These guys just have no idea how to play together offensively. Like no idea.
Come on when you have Kwintin Williams lining up for you then you know recruiting has hit a low point.

Reaction Score
Sound game plan that almost worked out- wait for everyone on the other team to get injured. Unfortunately, Dixon’s ACL didn’t get the memo.

Reaction Score
We can't blame Cole as he has to start the offense, look to score an be the man to get the big shot when we need it. He needs help. Time to give Hawkins more minutes. He has the talent but just has to get the confidence and allowed to play through his mistake. Polley is what he is at this time a streaky shooter who gets hot sometimes but gives next to nothing else and AJ has no offensive game unless it is putbacks, fast break points, an or a wide open 3.
Exactly

Reaction Score
Poorly assembled team. Parts don't work well together. No shooters. No one who can get a bucket. No adjustments during game. Not good game plan or in game coaching.
Problem is Hurley still is relying on guys like Polley and Whaley to make an impact. He needs to bring in more of his players which he will do in the next few years. I still have faith we are going to be fine. This year could just be bump in the road as not having an Alpha 2/3 player on our team to get tough baskets was definitely an oversight by Hurley. I mean Hawkins is really just a jump shooter right now and AJ is what he is. A great athlete that is lacking in offensive talent. Martin is an engima to me. He has the talent to be one but just hasn't put it all together consistently to be that guy.

Reaction Score
Problem is Hurley still is relying on guys like Polley and Whaley to make an impact. He needs to bring in more of his players which he will do in the next few years. I still have faith we are going to be fine. This year could just be bump in the road as not having an Alpha 2/3 player on our team to get tough baskets was definitely an oversight by Hurley. I mean Hawkins is really just a jump shooter right now and AJ is what he is. A great athlete that is lacking in offensive talent. Martin is an engima to me. He has the talent to be one but just hasn't put it all together consistently to be that guy.

Hurley made a conscience choice to still be relying on Polley and Whaley in Year 4. That can't be blamed on Kevin Ollie even though that was the predictable intention of those that bring up this take.

Reaction Score
Hurley made a conscience choice to still be relying on Polley and Whaley in Year 4. That can't be blamed on Kevin Ollie even though that was the predictable intention of those that bring up this take.
I'm not blaming Ollie for that. I said it was on Hurley to rely on those players. He needs to bring in his guys now to get our talent up to a Villanova team.

Reaction Score
Gillispie (2nd half) and Moore out and Nova still beat a ranked team. Sure its at home, but not many coaches can work that.

Reaction Score
There are shooters. But whatever we run for them doesn't seem to get them open. And when they are open they hesitate. It's like they don't expect to be open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom