Seed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I said in another thread:

6- 10%
7- 60%
8- 30%

I think we're probably a 7, but an 8 is more likely than a 6. We needed to beat Creighton to leapfrog them and several in other teams on the 6 line.

Reaction Score
I think we're an 8. We have one high-quality win.
If the Committee uses the eye test, we'll do better than that.

If the Committee uses quality of wins, we're in trouble for exactly this reason. We have exactly one impressive win.

All of our hype and buzz has been based on destroying non-Tournament teams.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

If the Committee uses quality of wins, we're in trouble for exactly this reason. We have exactly one impressive win.

Except that Georgetown is now looking like a Tournament team.

Reaction Score
I voted a nine before I even looked at bracket matrix which also is a 9 (the first 9, but that makes little difference.)

Reaction Score

If the committee uses the metrics, we are a 7 seed. 30 NET. 18 KenPom. 15 BPI. 12-3 with Bouknight.

Reaction Score
If I were a committee member looking at all objective criteria I would slot UConn on the #6 line. That would be my fair evaluation without watching as much basketball this year as usual but still having a good idea of the national scene and most rosters nationwide. I think two teams maybe three outside the top three or four seed lines are very dangerous for Final Four runs.

JMHO per the usual.

1615650035590.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really think we’ve done enough to make the 7 line and I really really hope the committee does too, but you know damn well we’re going to be an 8, probably facing UNC, in Gonzaga’s quadrant.
I'll take that x 1000. Eyeballs on these games.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If we get a 6 seed I think seeing the second weekend is realistic. If we get a 7 or 8 seed I don't like our chances of making the second weekend. UConn is a very good team but not a top tier team. I like Hurley, I think he has us headed in the right direction, but this team doesn't have the overall talent level for a deep run. The best chance of winning some tourney games is to play more up tempo. We are 1-3 in games where we score 60 or less.

Reaction Score
I think we're an 8. We have one high-quality win.
This is what I expect as well. They'll bring us as high as they can justify by our computer numbers But once you get to the 7/8 lines you start hitting some decent resumes. I think we'll end up stuck at 8.

Reaction Score
Voted 8, really hope I’m wrong. Maybe with the whacky schedules they use the eye test more this year than any other.
This does not get talked about much. How can you fairly compare resume’s when everybody essentially played a different and unbalanced number of games. The only answer is you can’t. That is why I think the bracket and tournament in general is going to be wild.

Reaction Score
This is what I expect as well. They'll bring us as high as they can justify by our computer numbers But once you get to the 7/8 lines you start hitting some decent resumes. I think we'll end up stuck at 8.
The only reason I think we'll avoid the 8 line is the committee wanting to avoid matching is up with the 1 seeds. Maybe with the 4th 1 seed but I have a hard time seeing us as the 8 with Gonzaga, Baylor, Michigan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom