Our great point guards | The Boneyard

Our great point guards

Reaction Score
for no reason I was just thinking of our top 10-12 pgs and doing a little tournament based on 1 on 1 play. Yes I get Kemba wins all the time but what if he matched up with Ricky? Or even boat PLEASE add some more. I’m just bored.

kemba
Bazz
Boat
Aj
Jalen
Ollie(666)
Ricky
Smith
Taliek
Kea
Rique
Marcus
Doron(?)
Austrie( not fair but he did more than he was expected to)
?
?
?

not rip he was a one time thing

remember this is an opinionated 1 on 1 outcome.

Reaction Score
KEA is Kahlid el Amin and you have him 10th. He is top 3 for sure. That kid was the man on the 1st championship team. Bazz carried his team, Kemba likewise (with a better cast around him) while Taliek had the most talent around him; but Kahlid was a killer on the court.

Reaction Score
for no reason I was just thinking of our top 10-12 pgs and doing a little tournament based on 1 on 1 play. Yes I get Kemba wins all the time but what if he matched up with Ricky? Or even boat PLEASE add some more. I’m just bored.

kemba
Bazz
Boat
Aj
Jalen
Ollie(666)
Ricky
Smith
Taliek
Kea
Rique
Marcus
Doron(?)
?
?
?

If you put these in order Khalid is a heck of a lot higher than 10. Second or third in my opinion.

Reaction Score

kemba
Bazz
Boat
Aj
Jalen
Ollie(666)
Ricky
Smith
Taliek
Kea
Rique
Marcus
Doron(?)
?
?
?

Gordon????
Not sure Doron would be athletic or quick enough to stay with the other elites. Feel his greatness was in making those around him better. I think he also had the best court awareness of any player we've had.
not sure that translates in a 1 on 1 matchup.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Kemba aside, growing up Ricky was and will always be my favorite.
I will never forget the opening of the 99 Championship. Ricky went right after Avery. Scored going one-on-one first 2 or 3 times down the court. Shouting in his face, "you can't stop me! You never could stop me!" They had gone to the same high school. It took Avery right out of the game.

Reaction Score
KEA is right there with Kemba and Bazz.. Anyone who actually watched all three would know this.

Sorry but KEA is not in the same league as Kemba and Shabazz. Those two were clearly the leaders of their respective Championship teams, and by far the best players on those squads. KEA was great, but Rip Hamilton was the best player on the 99 Championship team. In fact, Rip was a first team All American. Both Kemba and Bazz were consensus first team All Americans. El Amin was not an All American.

Also, take a look at their NBA careers. Kemba is an elite NBA player and Bazz has been in the league for 5 plus seasons and has played in 295 NBA games. Khalid got waived or cut after one season, appearing in a total of 50 NBA games. That should tell you something.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If I had to rank them:
Kemba
Bazz
KEA
Smith
Marcus
Taliek
Tate
Kevin Ollie
Hobbs
Earl Kelly
AJ
Jalen
Doron (only this low because he played just one season)

Alterique hasn't played enough to rank yet. Ricky was a key player in a NC, but was a backup or off guard most of his career. The top 5 were truly great. I bumped AJ and Jalen down as not being great distributors but good scorers.

Reaction Score
If I had to rank them:
Kemba
Bazz
KEA
Smith
Marcus
Taliek
Tate
Kevin Ollie
Hobbs
Earl Kelly
AJ
Jalen
Doron (only this low because he played just one season)

Alterique hasn't played enough to rank yet. Ricky was a key player in a NC, but was a backup or off guard most of his career. The top 5 were truly great. I bumped AJ and Jalen down as not being great distributors but good scorers.
Doron played three seasons and was way better than Jalen Adams. You must be thinking of Nadav.

Reaction Score
Sorry but KEA is not in the same league as Kemba and Shabazz. Those two were clearly the leaders of their respective Championship teams, and by far the best players on those squads. KEA was great, but Rip Hamilton was the best player on the 99 Championship team. In fact, Rip was a first team All American. Both Kemba and Bazz were consensus first team All Americans. El Amin was not an All American.

Also, take a look at their NBA careers. Kemba is an elite NBA player and Bazz has been in the league for 5 plus seasons and has played in 295 NBA games. Khalid got waived or cut after one season, appearing in a total of 50 NBA games. That should tell you something.
Without KEA, we may never see the other 2.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Doron played three seasons and was way better than Jalen Adams. You must be thinking of Nadav.

Ugh. Yes. You are correct. He should be much higher. Probably around where Marcus is.

Reaction Score
That one on one thing is a tough call, changes the whole dynamic of the rankings. Sheffer would have a tough time on matching up 1-1 but he’d be top 5-6 just best PGs. Feel the same on KEA. AJ Price may be higher on the 1-1 than he would overall as would Ricky Moore. No one would stop Earl Kelley including Ricky and Boat but not sure who he could guard.

Kemba would be my pick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom