OTNBA Draft- Celtics | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OTNBA Draft- Celtics

Reaction Score
Yeah very much a Ranger fan. But hey the Yanks Sox rivalry seems to somehow always make the biggest impact because after all they always have been while the Knicks/C's faded, same with the Bruins/Rangers alike and the Pats/Giants only because of a couple Super Bowl (and 2-0 in those is hardly a rival:oops:). Growing up in Meriden is almost exactly 1/2 way for both, pick your poison and your neighbor is probably opposite. Great whiffle ball, basketball and street hockey games for sure in the neighborhoods of Meriden no doubt in the late 60's-70's.
No idea what Super Bowls you're referring to...

H

huskymagic

Add Amida to the list. Danny Ainge likes Amida and the Celtics can use big men who can run the floor and play defense.

Reaction Score
Add Amida to the list. Danny Ainge likes Amida and the Celtics can use big men who can run the floor and play defense.

Danny Ainge doesn't drink that much magic, seems only you do. Even after his nice games in college there isn't enough there. Please cut it out. Big men in the NBA do these things - catch the ball, rebound, hit people, set picks like a man, pass the ball, stand on their feet 95% of the time, putbacks so much more - again he's improved but not nearly enough.

He should have a wonderful European career and I hope he does, someone would be lucky to have a good kid that can block shots.

Of they are "intrigued" by anyone its Facey who burst on the scene.

Reaction Score
I doubt Brimah gets drafted but he will get signed by someone and play in the Summer league and then who knows, but you never know they have 2 very late 2nd rounders if they keep those

But they have Kelly O, Zizic, Mickey, Zeller, Horford up front

Also, heard someone speculating Jerebko could get like 4 years and $48M this offseason, he's only $5M now so I could see him getting moved

HoopsHype is one of my favorite NBA sites

These are the salaries of Boston Celtics players this season

2017 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

The C's will be interesting, I think if they get #1 they potentially blow up the roster with Fultz

Add Amida to the list. Danny Ainge likes Amida and the Celtics can use big men who
can run the floor and play defense.

H

huskymagic

Danny Ainge doesn't drink that much magic, seems only you do. Even after his nice games in college there isn't enough there. Please cut it out. Big men in the NBA do these things - catch the ball, rebound, hit people, set picks like a man, pass the ball, stand on their feet 95% of the time, putbacks so much more - again he's improved but not nearly enough.

He should have a wonderful European career and I hope he does, someone would be lucky to have a good kid that can block shots.

Checking on potential Boston draft prospects, pre- trade deadline edition | CelticsLife.com - Boston Celtics Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts

That was updated February 3rd and look at that Amida is on the Celtics list of prospects in the second round. Facey nowhere on the list. Enjoy the reading.

Reaction Score
Celtics may consider their 'odds' to get a SUPERSTAR via trade or Draft. The draft is dependent on the lottery, scouting, development, work ethic, fit etc.. of the pick. Meaning together its very iffy, and IF they think Jimmy Butler is a SUPERSTAR then its better to trade a draft pick for him, even this year's Net's #1 IF you don't have to give up any of their core. Remember you might end up with Ron Mercer instead of Tim Duncan. And no one in the draft looks as surefire as Duncan.

To this point I haven't seen Fultz other than highlights from his recent 'eh' game vs. Arizona ( and certainly not ready to put all of the franchise chips on him being a superstar). Right now with #1 I'd try to trade down and take Ball at #2 banking on Curry 2.0 potential there.

I like as their core: Isaiah, Bradley, Smart, Crowder, Horford. All of those guys could be starters or major contributors on a playoff team. If a team wants a current player from that group then I think Celts trade becomes that player + a 2018 or 2019 first round pick. Bradley due to injuries first I'd be willing to part with, but none of them are totally un-touchable for a superstar if you aren't also giving up 2017 Net's pick.

At some point the potential of Net's #1 pick may be worth more than the expected value of that pick. Might be pre-trade deadline or might be after the season with Chicago or Sacto (if they still like Cousins, after the ESPN deep dive linked below I'm out). Other <30 guys that seemingly aren't available but may not be totally un-touchable are Townes, ADavis, Wiggins, McCollum, Klay or Curry?! Again if say Ball blows up in the NCAA tourney and Chicago would take the Nets #1 and say Zeller & Jerebko (makes salaries work) for Butler - I do that trade.

Who is the bigger problem -- DeMarcus Cousins or the Kings?

Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Celtics need a big who can mix it up inside - Brimah is definitely NOT that player
He'll be lucky to get into a top/good Euro league as a contributor
The guy just doesn't have the heart to mix it up
Like him but disappointed in his lack of desire to get better and work on the little things that takes someone from a mediocre talent to above average

Reaction Score
The Celts need a big who can rebound and rim protect, period. I think the rest of their roles have been adequately filled.

I'd really hate for them to trade either Smart or Crowder, both drastically underrated 2 way players.

A combination of Jaylen, Rozier, Jerebko, Amir, Olynyk, and their draft picks is all I would move...and I would be targeting Boogie Cousins with every possible combination of those.

C Boogie
PF Horford
SF Crowder
SG Avery
PG IT

That's easily enough for a title.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Amida should go to China. The league would fit his level. He'd get paid, and they'd probably love his enforcer mentality over there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Amidah Brimah will never play a minute in the NBA, he will not be drafted, and simply is not a very good player.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Unless the Celtics can get a true center I would trade the first pick as I think Fultz will be a superstar who can play two positions and play off of IT.

Reaction Score
The Celts need a big who can rebound and rim protect, period. I think the rest of their roles have been adequately filled.

I'd really hate for them to trade either Smart or Crowder, both drastically underrated 2 way players.

A combination of Jaylen, Rozier, Jerebko, Amir, Olynyk, and their draft picks is all I would movedot dot dotand I would be targeting Boogie Cousins with every possible combination of those.

C Boogie
PF Horford
SF Crowder
SG Avery
PG IT

That's easily enough for a title.
Can't give up on Jaylen after 50 games. He has potential to be an all star in the league and he's been playing much better lately.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Unless the Celtics can get a true center I would trade the first pick as I think Fultz will be a superstar who can play two positions and play off of IT.
Zizic is a true center. He's been tearing it up in Europe and would be a lottery pick in this draft -- probably the first C off the board.

I honestly don't think the Celtics should trade any picks since the Cavs will be unbeatable for 3+ more years in the East, and Golden State at least that long in the West. Just take the best guys possible with each pick and add young pieces (Zizic, Brown, Smart, Yabu, hopefully Fultz) while flipping veterans for more future picks once they start to decline a bit.

Aim to contend every year, but aim to have a half-dozen guys around 25 years old come, say, 2021. That's when the championship window will really start to open.

Also, if they're going to trade for a big man it should be Derrick Favors, not Boogie.

Reaction Score
Zizic is a true center. He's been tearing it up in Europe and would be a lottery pick in this draft -- probably the first C off the board.

I honestly don't think the Celtics should trade any picks since the Cavs will be unbeatable for 3+ more years in the East, and Golden State at least that long in the West. Just take the best guys possible with each pick and add young pieces (Zizic, Brown, Smart, Yabu, hopefully Fultz) while flipping veterans for more future picks once they start to decline a bit.

Aim to contend every year, but aim to have a half-dozen guys around 25 years old come, say, 2021. That's when the championship window will really start to open.

Also, if they're going to trade for a big man it should be Derrick Favors, not Boogie.
I think that's reasoned, especially when you add Golden State's current juggernaut to the list (although not sure when they risk losing Durant, Curry, Draymond or Klay due to salary free agency). However you can't totally play for 2020 or beyond because you never know what might happen next. LeBron gets injured and the east is instantly WIDE open.

We will probably know by this next draft what tack the Celtics are taking & I think its binary. If they believe in Jaylen B and the long term then they keep their picks. If not they really work the market hard for a big name. I.e. why not try 2 x #1's for Anthony Davis and cede the 2020 plan to the Pels for the now.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
However you can't totally play for 2020 or beyond because you never know what might happen next. LeBron gets injured and the east is instantly WIDE open.
That's the point -- if the Celtics bring back the same group next year, plus Zizic and the No. 1 pick, they're a top 4 team in the East with more depth & upside than the other two non-Cavs in the mix (Toronto and Washington). They have the flexibility to both compete in the moment and play for 2020.

I.e. why not try 2 x #1's for Anthony Davis and cede the 2020 plan to the Pels for the now.
I'm sure if they could get AD, they would. But I'm equally sure he's not going to be on the market no matter the offer.

Reaction Score
I think that's reasoned, especially when you add Golden State's current juggernaut to the list (although not sure when they risk losing Durant, Curry, Draymond or Klay due to salary free agency). However you can't totally play for 2020 or beyond because you never know what might happen next. LeBron gets injured and the east is instantly WIDE open.

We will probably know by this next draft what tack the Celtics are taking & I think its binary. If they believe in Jaylen B and the long term then they keep their picks. If not they really work the market hard for a big name. I.e. why not try 2 x #1's for Anthony Davis and cede the 2020 plan to the Pels for the now.
I think people need to realize how much harder it will be (and it was already tough) to trade for young stars with the new CBA in place. They have even more incentive than before to re-sign with their current teams, so I doubt we'll see any of AD, Butler, Paul George, etc. on the move anytime soon. Cousins remains the most likely of the bunch, but I still think he and the Kings will work something out now that George Karl is outta the picture.

If you're the Celtics, building through the draft seems like the best option unless something falls perfectly into their laps. Extend your own guys, bring the Euro guys over, try to land a stud with the Brooklyn pick, and hope Jaylen Brown takes that leap.

It's a tough way to build a contender, but it looks like the most realistic avenue due to the new CBA.

Reaction Score
I think people need to realize how much harder it will be (and it was already tough) to trade for young stars with the new CBA in place. They have even more incentive than before to re-sign with their current teams, so I doubt we'll see any of AD, Butler, Paul George, etc. on the move anytime soon. Cousins remains the most likely of the bunch, but I still think he and the Kings will work something out now that George Karl is outta the picture.

If you're the Celtics, building through the draft seems like the best option unless something falls perfectly into their laps. Extend your own guys, bring the Euro guys over, try to land a stud with the Brooklyn pick, and hope Jaylen Brown takes that leap.

It's a tough way to build a contender, but it looks like the most realistic avenue due to the new CBA.
True, but ADavis already signed his extension, so is he doomed to NBA purgatory? He should want out and the Pels need to restart with a broader core. Its crazy that the current two best centers in the NBA are on 20-32 teams going absolutely nowhere for the foreseeable future.

A better plan is to marry a super model so that you can take less money and your team can use the $ for players elsewhere on the roster.

Reaction Score
True, but ADavis already signed his extension, so is he doomed to NBA purgatory? He should want out and the Pels need to restart with a broader core. Its crazy that the current two best centers in the NBA are on 20-32 teams going absolutely nowhere for the foreseeable future.

This means something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom