OTNBA Draft- Celtics | The Boneyard

OTNBA Draft- Celtics

Reaction Score
Who are top 3-5 NBA prospects in this boards mind for Celtics? And should they consider a trade. My take is that since they are second in east behind Kyrie and Lebron. I dont see them making a trade that gets them over that hill, and the next hill of GS. I think the long road is better but its just my opinion.

I really like Josh Jackson and his upside. Feel like Celtics are stacked at guard. Need to spend some money for some bigs in free agency since this draft isnt heavy in bigs. Zizic and the Yabusele will add depth next year.

NBADraft.net
1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Josh Jackson
4. Jonathan Isaac
5.Dennis Smith.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Who are top 3-5 NBA prospects in this boards mind for Celtics? And should they consider a trade. My take is that since they are second in east behind Kyrie and Lebron. I dont see them making a trade that gets them over that hill, and the next hill of GS. I think the long road is better but its just my opinion.

I really like Josh Jackson and his upside. Feel like Celtics are stacked at guard. Need to spend some money for some bigs in free agency since this draft isnt heavy in bigs. Zizic and the Yabusele will add depth next year.

NBADraft.net
1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Josh Jackson
4. Jonathan Isaac
5.Dennis Smith.

I think that's the consensus top 5, for where we are now. This draft is stacked and very deep.

It's hard to turn down Fultz if he's there. I agree the Celts are stacked at guard but they can just grab Ayton with the Nets' 2018 pick!

I like Ball a lot (Jason Kidd with scoring is the comparison people are using), but I've switched to Fultz as my #1.

Jackson's jump shot scares me, and while he's been shooting it at a nice clip recently, it's not enough of a big sample size. He and Smart can't play together.

Isaac is incredibly intriguing.

Smith will likely be a very good pro.

Zizic is getting amazing reviews. He was dominating a mid-level league (Adriatic?), and then moved to a Turkish team (where he's playing for Blatt) and has continued to put up good stats in a very competitive league. Word is that there's a lot of interest around the league.

If I'm Ainge, I don't trade any of my assets unless the guy coming back is Anthony Davis or another elite All-NBA-type player. The value of the next two Nets picks (2017, 2018) is insanely high.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, I don't think you consider moving either Nets pick unless you're getting back AD, Boogie or Russ; excluding East Conf players

"Zizic is getting amazing reviews. "

Yes, he could be with them next year with Johnson gone

I would consider moving the pick unless you are #1, Fultz is the closest thing to the next Russ since Russ

I don't see Smith or Ball as an upgrade over Bradley, IT, Smart or Rozier

I think that's the consensus top 5, for where we are now. This draft is stacked and very deep.

It's hard to turn down Fultz if he's there. I agree the Celts are stacked at guard but they can just grab Ayton with the Nets' 2018 pick!

I like Ball a lot (Jason Kidd with scoring is the comparison people are using), but I've switched to Fultz as my #1.

Jackson's jump shot scares me, and while he's been shooting it at a nice clip recently, it's not enough of a big sample size. He and Smart can't play together.

Zizic is getting amazing reviews. He was dominating a mid-level league (Adriatic?), and then moved to a Turkish team (where he's playing for Blatt) and has continued to put up good stats in a very competitive league. Word is that there's a lot of interest around the league.

If I'm Ainge, I don't trade any of my assets unless the guy coming back is Anthony Davis or another elite All-NBA-type player. The value of the next two Nets picks (2017, 2018) is insanely high.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'm not blown away with Jon Isaac.

My top 5 would probably be:

1) Markelle Fultz
2) Lonzo Ball
3) Josh Jackson
4) Dennis Smith
5) Jayson Tatum or Malik Monk

Reaction Score
Don't draft Jackson IMO, too similar to Jaylen Brown, although a much better shooter at this point. I'd go with Fultz, apart from being the top prospect, seems like the PG that can slide between the two backcourt positions easiest.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I trade for Jimmy Butler. Period.
The Bulls are very close to rebuild mode, so this might be in the cards. Thomas, Butler, Horford, Crowder and Bradley would be a load.

Reaction Score
They could have had him last year for Crowder, the Jaylen Brown pick and Rozier. Incredibly bad not doing that deal

I heard that it was 2016 pick (Brown), Crowder, and Smart.

Reaction Score
I would expect Crowder to go in any deal for Butler, probably also a guard, Brown and Johnson or Jerebko.

I wouldn't want to give up either of the remaining Nets picks

The Bulls are very close to rebuild mode, so this might be in the cards. Thomas, Butler, Horford, Crowder and Bradley would be a load.

Reaction Score
I would expect Crowder to go in any deal for Butler, probably also a guard, Brown and Johnson or Jerebko.

I wouldn't want to give up either of the remaining Nets picks

They arent getting Butler without giving up atleast one pick. The best Danny can do is make it the 2018

Reaction Score
I think he'd wait then, if he gets the #1 they will take Fultz and in 2018 they want to wait to see on Ayton

They arent getting Butler without giving up atleast one pick. The best Danny can do is make it the 2018

Reaction Score
Say they trade Crowder, Smart, Johnson, and 2018 pick for Butler. That gives them..
IT
Bradley
Butler
Jerebko
Horford..

with Fultz off the bench.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They could have had him last year for Crowder, the Jaylen Brown pick and Rozier. Incredibly bad not doing that deal

That's just a rumor, I believe.

Reaction Score
I think Butler getting traded at all is still a long shot. Cousins is the most realistic star to get traded since he's 99% certain to leave Sacramento, but there are obviously red flags there (though I'm less worried about him in a better environment).

Ultimately, I still think the Celtics will end up keeping their picks, bringing the two Euros over next year, and developing their young talent. They still have to lock up IT and Bradley long-term, so having a ton of young, inexpensive talent that's still developing isn't a bad thing.

Reaction Score
The center Zizic is supposedly really good, the French stash no idea, I would have loved to take a flyer on Skal with one of those

I think Butler getting traded at all is still a long shot. Cousins is the most realistic star to get traded since he's 99% certain to leave Sacramento, but there are obviously red flags there (though I'm less worried about him in a better environment).

Ultimately, I still think the Celtics will end up keeping their picks, bringing the two Euros over next year, and developing their young talent. They still have to lock up IT and Bradley long-term, so having a ton of young, inexpensive talent that's still developing isn't a bad thing.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The center Zizic is supposedly really good, the French stash no idea, I would have loved to take a flyer on Skal with one of those

I've seen a lot of videos of Yabs where he looks good but the bottom line it's the Chinese league; his teammate is Jimmer Fredette, who's averaging like 40 a game. So.

The weird thing is that with his body, you'd think Yabs would be a banger, but he's more like a 3.

Reaction Score
I've seen a lot of videos of Yabs where he looks good but the bottom line it's the Chinese league; his teammate is Jimmer Fredette, who's averaging like 40 a game. So.

The weird thing is that with his body, you'd think Yabs would be a banger, but he's more like a 3.
From the highlights and scouting reports I've seen, it sounds like he'll be a stretch 4 in the NBA. Apparently he's a solid rebounder on the defensive end, but he definitely prefers the perimeter (both jumpers and driving the ball) on the offensive end.

He's still really young, so maybe his post game will develop a bit. But he has the looks of a really good hybrid forward off the bench if things go right.

Reaction Score
No to Crowder, love his game. Actually not a good trade because those are all nice pieces.

Reaction Score

"For the Celtics, the request was likely Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, the no. 3 pick (which the Bulls likely would have used to draft Kris Dunn), and the no. 16 pick"
"The Tribune reported last June that several proposals were exchanged, including one with Jae Crowder and the Celtics' third and 16th overall picks"
(Source)

Sounds like that was never an offer from the Bulls, but from the Celtics. Bulls wanted another pick (or even Smart + another pick).

Reaction Score

Just to clarify on the Blatt thing. He gets his full remaining NBA $, provided he doesn't take an NBA job, correct?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It always throws me off mau is a Celts fan - I'm so used to going back n forth with you in Boston-NY arguments, lol.

The weird thing is that @mauconnfan are 2 outta 3 (3 for 4 if you count UConn, 4 for 5 if he's a NY Rangers fan) but I still feel like we're "adversaries," because Yanks v. Sox > everything else.

Reaction Score
The weird thing is that @mauconnfan are 2 outta 3 (3 for 4 if you count UConn, 4 for 5 if he's a NY Rangers fan) but I still feel like we're "adversaries," because Yanks v. Sox > everything else.

Yeah very much a Ranger fan. But hey the Yanks Sox rivalry seems to somehow always make the biggest impact because after all they always have been while the Knicks/C's faded, same with the Bruins/Rangers alike and the Pats/Giants only because of a couple Super Bowl (and 2-0 in those is hardly a rival:oops:). Growing up in Meriden is almost exactly 1/2 way for both, pick your poison and your neighbor is probably opposite. Great whiffle ball, basketball and street hockey games for sure in the neighborhoods of Meriden no doubt in the late 60's-70's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom