Other games on opening week (through Mon., Nov. 11) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Other games on opening week (through Mon., Nov. 11)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OSU has been spectacularly unimpressive. Pacific still hanging around early Q4. No energy and sloppy play from Beavs.

edit--Pivec has 18 points and 16 rebounds, the rest of the team leaving some to be desired

Reaction Score
I was just coming here to post regarding Pivec's 17 rebounds. It's amazing that the Beavers have so many tall trees and yet Pivec is the one gobbling up boards. Taylor Jones had a relatively disappointing game, fouling out with just 6 pts and 2 rebounds.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Taylor Jones had a relatively disappointing game, fouling out with just 6 pts and 2 rebounds.

She picked up fouls in a hurry, wasn't on the floor much.

Put the Beavs on upset alert against DePaul next game.

Reaction Score
There's a couple of surprising results out there tonight as well. St. Joe's wins the Battle of Philadelphia as they eked out a 67-63 win over Temple despite 29 points from Mia Davis. Brown beating Maine is a mild surprise as Maine has been trending upwards in recent years in the America East.

I'm honestly kind of starting to be optimistic about North Carolina. The extremely comfortable win over Navy is leading me to hope that Banghart has instilled a pretty solid defense, but more tests will be needed to determine how far this team can go and whether they can shock Triciadukefan and beat Duke on February 6. Keep in mind that this Navy team does have a win over Clemson already this season.

Reaction Score

I fancy whoever wins between DePaul and Oregon State to take that title. Oklahoma-Missouri State is an interesting matchup as well, so lots to enjoy about the Preseason WNIT this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There's a couple of surprising results out there tonight as well. St. Joe's wins the Battle of Philadelphia as they eked out a 67-63 win over Temple despite 29 points from Mia Davis. Brown beating Maine is a mild surprise as Maine has been trending upwards in recent years in the America East.

I'm honestly kind of starting to be optimistic about North Carolina. The extremely comfortable win over Navy is leading me to hope that Banghart has instilled a pretty solid defense, but more tests will be needed to determine how far this team can go and whether they can shock Triciadukefan and beat Duke on February 6. Keep in mind that this Navy team does have a win over Clemson already this season.

I don't know what I would do if that happens... but trust and believe it would not be pretty. :mad::mad: My blood pressure is already rising just at the thought :mad:

Reaction Score

Very possible! Pacific, more than likely, was both underrated and a bad matchup. DePaul, at first glance also seems to be a bad matchup for a team like Oregon St. at this stage of their development.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A bit of Keystone Cops going on in an early game in Seattle. Washington leading Weber St. 36-13 at halftime. Weber has 26 TOs. At halftime. That is not a misprint. But Dawgs have given it back 12 times, and seem to be allergic to converting on fastbreaks. Should be more like a 40 point margin. Weber is truly awful, they are making CSU-Bakersfield look good by comparison. Coach Wynn is totally committed to constant substitutions this year. It's worked for CTT at ASU all these years, but it just seems like it keeps players from getting in a rhythm, or if a player does get in a rhythm they quickly get subbed out. Makes no sense to me.

No audio on the streaming. Too bad, I don't get to hear Elise Woodward.

edited--Weber St. finished w/ 38 TOs and got dismantled 94-41. You have to be REALLY bad to lose to these Huskies by 50. But hey, UCLA only beat them by 40, so maybe the Dawgs are better than I'm giving them credit for. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Now that Taya Corosdale is back in the line-up, and, Kat Tudor is getting back in game shape, OSU's depth improves dramatically. As was the case in the DePaul game, OSU didn't need Pivec's scoring, and still put up 98 points. I recognize that DePaul took a lot of chances on defense, which permitted OSU to get some easy baskets, but point being, OSU had 6 x players in double figures.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Now that Taya Corosdale is back in the line-up, and, Kat Tudor is getting back in game shape, OSU's depth improves dramatically. As was the case in the DePaul game, OSU didn't need Pivec's scoring, and still put up 98 points. I recognize that DePaul took a lot of chances on defense, which permitted OSU to get some easy baskets, but point being, OSU had 6 x players in double figures.

Very different performances between the 2 games for OSU. I'm sure there are a number of factors, but one thing that really jumps out is 3 point shooting: 5-16 against Pacific and 12-27 against DePaul.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The makings of a blowout in Austin. McDonald is a perfect 5-5 so far and already has 10 in the first 7 minutes of the game. Three other AZ players have hit 3s as well and the visitors are up 19-9

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Carolina is leading App St. 27-0 nearing the end of the 1st quarter. :eek: Mercy rule? Call it a game at halftime?

Reaction Score
Joyner Holmes looking very much like a future WNBA player early on. She has these types of flashes every blue moon

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Too bad, South Carolina lost their shutout. 35-3 after Q1. That's just sick.

Miami has their hands full w/ IUPUI. Trailing by 1 nearing end of Q3.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is leading App St. 27-0 nearing the end of the 1st quarter. :eek: Mercy rule? Call it a game at halftime?

App State hit a 3 with about 15 seconds left in the quarter. 35-3 after 1.

Maybe the ladies took the football loss personally.

Reaction Score
Joyner Holmes looking very much like a future WNBA player early on. She has these types of flashes every blue moon
I’d say it’s more like flashes of being a decent NCAA D1 player.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The makings of a blowout in Austin. McDonald is a perfect 5-5 so far and already has 10 in the first 7 minutes of the game. Three other AZ players have hit 3s as well and the visitors are up 19-9

Maybe McDonald has been sandbagging a little bit this year just waiting for this game. She has 17 on 7-9 shooting, Arizona leading 33-17.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
McDonald is playing a near perfect game. 22 points on 8-11 in just the first half. I think she had only one turnover on a travel for her only negative play of the half.

What can I say about Texas? It’s just sad. AZ is a very good defensive team but Texas is giving them all kinds of help. Nothing looks smooth or in sync. Higgs is coming off the bench but clearly not the same as pre-injury. Collier is improved over last year (not saying much) but has a LONG way to go to be even all-Big 12 level.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Texas has 37 point thru 3 quarters, yikes 12 pints a quarter, how Karen’s job not be in peril?

Texas A&M playing Rice onESPN3. 24-14 Aggies

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like McDonald is gonna go for 40+ (38 currently). I still don't know how Arizona started the season unranked, after winning the WNIT and bringing back almost everybody. I think that will change when the next poll comes out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom