Other games on opening week (through Mon., Nov. 11) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Other games on opening week (through Mon., Nov. 11)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"Team to watch. This could end up being to an important resume win for WSU (assuming BYU has a strong season as expected). Kamie Ethridge can coach."

BYU not going to have season they expected - lost their star, Shaylee Gonzalez, for the year, injured knee (acl) during summer pickup game
I didn't realize she'd torn her ACL. I'm really sorry to hear that. Didn't she have a previous ACL injury?

I wouldn't count BYU out. Judkins has a way of bringing his team along over the course of a season. They still have Hamson, right?

Plebe

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't count BYU out. Judkins has a way of bringing his team along over the course of a season. They still have Hamson, right?

They do have Hamson still. She had a quiet game against WSU. Most of the scoring came from Paisley Johnson and Jasmine Moody.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kentucky has 18 points at halftime against Middle Tennessee State. They are 7/28 from the field with 4 assists and 9 turnovers.

Ah the SEC.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has 18 points at halftime against Middle Tennessee State. They are 7/28 from the field with 4 assists and 9 turnovers.

Ah the SEC.

The SEC is not that good outside of a few teams.

Kentucky has potential but will struggle a bit at times scoring without Morris and Murray. Others will have to step up.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Wildcats have gone, er, wild and are now putting the hurt on MTSU.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Missouri about to lose at home to Nebraska in overtime.

Aijha Blackwell had a strong debut, however.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well...this season is gonna suck in Seattle again. Just squandered an 18 point lead late in Q3 and lost on a layup at the buzzer to Tulane. I think year 3 of the Wynn era should probably be the last. Team can't shoot and not nearly enough Pac 12 caliber players on the roster.

I will say though, that the Dawgs got homered, even though they were supposed to be the home team. Refs swallow the whistle on 1 end of the floor while giving trips to the FT line for ticky tack junk on the other end all game long. 20-4 FTA disparity. Like Rodney Dangerfield, can't get no respect.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well...this season is gonna suck in Seattle again. Just squandered an 18 point lead late in Q3 and lost on a layup at the buzzer to Tulane. I think year 3 of the Wynn era should probably be the last. Team can't shoot and not nearly enough Pac 12 caliber players on the roster.
Wow!

If I'm not mistaken, with the wins by Cincinnati over Utah and UConn over Cal, the score is now:
AAC 3, Pac-12 zero! :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, with the wins by Cincinnati over Utah and UConn over Cal, the score is now:
AAC 3, Pac-12 zero!

Maybe UConn shouldn't leave the AAC. Clearly the best conference in WCBB.

How did you like that defense on the game winning drive? They played zone almost the whole game. They were going w/ the "no defense" defense on that last one. They have 6-4 6-3 and 6-3 post players who are really not much of an interior presence, no shot blocking.

I was trying to be cautiously optimistic about some improvement before the season started, but 2 games in that's already deflated. They're gonna get hammered by most Pac 12 opponents.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn shouldn't leave the AAC. Clearly the best conference in WCBB.

How did you like that defense on the game winning drive? They played zone almost the whole game. They were going w/ the "no defense" defense on that last one. They have 6-4 6-3 and 6-3 post players who are really not much of an interior presence, no shot blocking.

I was trying to be cautiously optimistic about some improvement before the season started, but 2 games in that's already deflated. They're gonna get hammered by most Pac 12 opponents.
It seems like every year Tulane surprises at least one team they have no business beating. Three years ago they beat both NC State and Auburn. Two years ago they gave UConn a scare. Last year they beat LSU and Central Michigan.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It seems like every year Tulane surprises at least one team they have no business beating. Three years ago they beat both NC State and Auburn. Two years ago they gave UConn a scare. Last year they beat LSU and Central Michigan.

Are you trying to make me feel better?

Kudos to Tulane for not hanging their heads and fighting back to pull this one out. No way to put a positive spin on getting outscored 27-11 in the 4th quarter for UW.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Are you trying to make me feel better?

Kudos to Tulane for not hanging their heads and fighting back to pull this one out. No way to put a positive spin on getting outscored 27-11 in the 4th quarter for UW.
Did this game show on Pac-12 Network or live stream only?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did this game show on Pac-12 Network or live stream only?

stream only

Elise Woodward was absolutely beside herself at some of the calls and no calls throughout the game. I can't recall hearing her do that during a broadcast before.

edited--typically Pac 12 Network doesn't have WCBB games on air until they get into conference play, maybe a few exceptions if there is a big OOC match up that the Pac 12 school is hosting. I was quite surprised that Oregon St.-UCI was on tv yesterday.

Reaction Score
A tip if anyone wants to watch a Pac-12 stream on the app, you get a 5:00 preview, but if you mess with the slider a little bit it goes away. Not sure how in the hell they haven’t fixed that yet (it’s been like that for about two years), but I always do it when watching Stanford and Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to mention Drake's impressive win over Iowa State? Drake is off to a great start this season with a win over South Dakota State to pair with this most recent triumph.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to mention Drake's impressive win over Iowa State? Drake is off to a great start this season with a win over South Dakota State to pair with this most recent triumph.

Kiera Collier traded up leaving UW for Drake.

edit--Drake and Missouri St. might be duking it out for the MVC crown again this year

Reaction Score

edit--Drake and Missouri St. might be duking it out for the MVC crown again this year
For sure. Both already have a pair of impressive victories.

Plebe

Reaction Score

I forgot she had transferred to Drake. That seems like so long ago now.

Some people were quick to write off Missouri State after they graduated their best player (and lost Harper to Tennessee). They just followed up on their win at Minnesota with another road win at Boise State in the 2nd round of the WNIT. (And speaking of Pac-12 out-transfers, I see that Mallory McGwire had 19 points and 17 rebounds for Boise State in the losing effort.)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A cat fight happened over in High Point as HPU opened up its final season in its current gym with an 79-70 OT loss to C of C :( I was checking the score on my phone.. and I saw that my panthers were beating the breaks off of the cougars by 20 in the first half. Forgot all about the game..... then saw the final score. HPU was up 15 points with a little over 5 minutes to play in the game. They didnt score again until 12 seconds left in OT :eek: I'll go out on a limb and might bet @Plebe a chicken fried steak that HPU finishes in the top 5 in the country in terms of 3PT FG attempts.

On a brighter note...... my Spartans of UNC-Greensboro ventured down the road and knocked off previously unbeaten Wake Forest 67-65 in front of 725 hardy souls.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow!

AAC 3, Pac-12 zero! :D

\ole, ole, ole, ole :oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. has once again been generous w/ TOs. Topped their opening half last game w/ 15 at the midpoint today. Mostly unforced, they haven't even faced a true pressuring defensive team yet. Concerning. Leading 34-24 at halftime, not really looking impressive. Brooklyn McDavid from Pacific has 18 points on 9-11 shooting. Her teammates haven't really showed up yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom