Other games on opening week (through Mon., Nov. 11) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Other games on opening week (through Mon., Nov. 11)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA running away w/ the game in Q2. Onyenwere hasn't been particularly effective when she's been in, has been on the bench w/ foul trouble. Corsaro is the star today, 15 at halftime. Horvat missed most of last season, back today and playing well. Chou looks decent too.

Washington St. is going to get a good win against BYU. Up 14 under a minute left.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Washington St. is going to get a good win against BYU. Up 14 under a minute left.
Team to watch. This could end up being to an important resume win for WSU (assuming BYU has a strong season as expected). Kamie Ethridge can coach.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...UCLA decided to take the 3rd quarter off? Getting outscored 11-5 after almost 8 minutes.

San Francisco was hanging tough w/ Stanford for a while but Card up 9 now near end of Q1. Game is at Chase Center, the new home of the Golden State Warriors. A VERY stark contrast to USF's home arena.

Plebe

Reaction Score
So...UCLA decided to take the 3rd quarter off? Getting outscored 11-5 after almost 8 minutes.

San Francisco was hanging tough w/ Stanford for a while but Card up 9 now near end of Q1. Game is at Chase Center, the new home of the Golden State Warriors. A VERY stark contrast to USF's home arena.
Is Japreece Dean hurt? Not seeing her in the boxscore.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is Japreece Dean hurt? Not seeing her in the boxscore.

I think I heard she is sitting out the first 2 games this season as a condition of getting another year of eligibility (played 2 games at Texas Tech before transferring her soph season).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford's Lexie Hull got off to a nice start her Fr. year, got hurt and missed a handful of games, and never seemed to get back into a rhythm after returning. I think we're seeing the real Lexie now. She and Carrington are carrying the Card today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lexie w/ 27 points 8 rebounds 10-12 shooting 5-7 behind the arc. Twin Lacie chipped in 8 on 3-5 and 2-3 behind the arc.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well this is small potatoes after the game that just concluded in Eugene, but Oregon St. regular season debut against UC-Irvine just started.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, Oregon St. is scoring like crazy but giving up points at about the same clip. 17-15 Beavs at the first media TO. I sincerely hope there's no way UCI can keep up this pace.

Reaction Score
Dang, Oregon St. is scoring like crazy but giving up points at about the same clip. 17-15 Beavs at the first media TO. I sincerely hope there's no way UCI can keep up this pace.

I do! I need Mikayla Pivec to sink either 5 more threes, get two more steals, or get six more assists to win a fantasy league game. I figure the more competitive it is, the better my odds, right?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I do! I need Mikayla Pivec to sink either 5 more threes, get two more steals, or get six more assists to win a fantasy league game. I figure the more competitive it is, the better my odds, right?

OSU started 3 guards, Simmons is really the only back court sub, so Pivec should play plenty of minutes.

UCI still within shouting distance after Q1.

Reaction Score
OSU started 3 guards, Simmons is really the only back court sub, so Pivec should play plenty of minutes.

UCI still within shouting distance after Q1.

Precisely why I picked her to be on my team. In any case, I'm not sure what to make of Oregon State thus far. Jones really needs to make those FT's but otherwise is doing well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Precisely why I picked her to be on my team. In any case, I'm not sure what to make of Oregon State thus far. Jones really needs to make those FT's but otherwise is doing well.

sloppy turnovers and giving up O boards
UCI has a ton more FGA than OSU, negating the fact OSU is doubling them up in FG%
game shouldn't be close but it is, I guess everything is fixable but frustrating start

Reaction Score
sloppy turnovers and giving up O boards
UCI has a ton more FGA than OSU, negating the fact OSU is doubling them up in FG%
game shouldn't be close but it is, I guess everything is fixable but frustrating start

Is this where I provide reminders of that game that Long Beach gave Oregon State in the tourney? That was quite the scare. I think sometimes Oregon State doesn't play as well as they should against teams such as this.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is this where I provide reminders of that game that Long Beach gave Oregon State in the tourney? That was quite the scare. I think sometimes Oregon State doesn't play as well as they should against teams such as this.

It doesn't make sense to me, because Rueck is all about ball control and efficiency on offense, but they've been turnover prone throughout his tenure. I guess he's okay with it, because it continues to be a problem year after year. Sometimes it's pressure D that gets to them, but plenty of unforced TOs as well. Drives me nuts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, Taylor Jones looks pretty good. 20 points 7 boards 8-9 shooting at halftime of her regular season debut.

Reaction Score
Jones already going off for 20 points and 7 rebounds in just a half. She's going to be dangerous for the next few years for the Beavers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pivec on triple double watch. Only needs 2 more assists.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. stopped turning the ball over and ran away with it. Pivec finished w/ 25 pts/12 boards/8 assists 10-13 FG 3-5 behind the arc. Jones went quiet after that huge first half. Goodman also had a double-double w/ 12 points 10 assists.

Sanders from UCI had a nice game w/ 23 points on 9-22 shooting.

Reaction Score
Some headliners today:
Cal at #5 UConn
- I was shocked seeing how close some of the score prognostications were. Cal wasn’t a great team last year, but they’re bad this year. I don’t see the margin being closer than 25.
My prediction: UConn, by a lot. The sophomores will get unleashed after Cal zones in on trying to stop Walker.

#8 South Carolina at #4 Maryland
- This game should be a lot of fun and a pretty even matchup. Both teams will use freshmen. Both teams would normally go deep, though Maryland is without Channise Lewis and Olivia Owens (she played sparingly last year). Not sure about Blair Watson. This will be a fun one.
My prediction: South Carolina by less than 10. Boston and Herbert-Harrigan will go off.

Duke at #6 Texas A&M
- This should be interesting. Both teams have a lot of talent. Can the Blue Devils hang with the Aggies and Chennedy Carter though? Will Wells, Jones, and Wilson come to play?
My prediction: Sorry @triaddukefan, but I’m going with the Aggies (usually you’re good with that, but these are the other Aggies.). By 10-15

#13 Kentucky at MTSU
- Annie Hayes took a look at Kentucky before choosing to stay home. Not sure if Rellah Boothe will play (she missed last game but played in the exhibition). Rhyne Howard lives just two hours away from MTSU. MTSU is not as good as I expected after losing Willock.
My prediction: Kentucky. They’ll have a tough time containing Hayes, but they’ll overcome it. This is a tougher one because of the status of Boothe.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Beat Pitt, get destroyed by Belmont...UCF
I watched some of the second half of this game, and it was one of those games where everything goes right for one team and horribly for the other team. Belmont could seemingly do no wrong. UCF went from bad to worse to terribly worse.

UCF is on a fairly tough road stretch against Belmont, FGCU and Stephen F. Austin, and they could go 0-3.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Other noteworthy results from Saturday:
  • Clemson lost to Navy, 65-52, after being outscored 40-20 in the 2nd half. Could be a rough sophomore season for Amanda Butler, after losing all her main contributors from last year except Kobi Thornton.

• Rice easily handled Little Rock, 66-40. Big game for Erica Ogwumike: 23 pts, 9 rebs, 5 assists. Rice will host Texas A&M next Sunday in what might be Rice's most anticipated nonconference game ever.

• South Dakota used a strong 4th quarter to beat Green Bay, 66-60. The Coyotes have a nice schedule coming up: Drake, Utah, Missouri, Missouri State, Ohio State. Green Bay gets Missouri at home next.

• USC beat Virginia, 59-49, with UNC transfer Stephanie Watts leading with 14 points and 12 boards.

Reaction Score
"Team to watch. This could end up being to an important resume win for WSU (assuming BYU has a strong season as expected). Kamie Ethridge can coach."

BYU not going to have season they expected - lost their star, Shaylee Gonzalez, for the year, injured knee (acl) during summer pickup game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom