Other American Bowl Games (Every Game But UConn) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Other American Bowl Games (Every Game But UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was messed up. He just shoved that equipment manager to the ground and gleefully ran off with the ball like a little punk.
As I put when I retweeted that video link..Keeping it Classy Memphis..Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

Reaction Score
That was a standard ghetto mugging purse snatch on the clip. Auburn equipment man had no idea what hit him. What a dingleberry that Memphis kid is.

Note to UCONN sideline people. Keep everything locked and your eyes open when Memphis game day comes again.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that there is a huge gap between the AAC top tier teams and the P5 best. Auburn (6-6) destroying Memphis now.

There is also quite a gap between AAC leaders and top teams in other G-5 conferences. AAC "smoked" by everyone in the bowls. Can't keep suggesting AAC teams didn't come ready to play....or were asleep......or similar concepts. Perhaps other teams were just more talented.

Aresco better cool the verbiage AAC should be 6th conference in a P-6 concept. In retrospect it seams silly.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yeah the bowl record looks bad but if these teams were to match up in the middle of the season would the result be the same? I'm not so sure. Bowl games are completely different games. Some teams leave it all on the field and play their hearts out. Other teams are playing without their head coach (Memphis) while others might be coming off a let down to end the season. Who knows what motivates teams. It's hard to look at the bowl record from this season and make the claim that it just shows that the AAC isn't that good or that some other G5 conference is better.

I can't buy putting a lot of stock into bowl game results.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston looks good so far against FSU. If they win the whole thing doesn't matter.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
TD Houston and honestly they just look like the better team so far. Ward Jr is definitely a difference maker at QB

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
FSU looked like they were into the game. Pleasant surprise.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You can already hear a little bit of the excuses and qualifiers from the announcers about Florida State. It hasn't occurred to them yet that Houston might just be the better team. And if they punch this possession home, they'll take a 21-3 lead. Orlando has the defense dominating, and Herman's offense is humming. Who does Florida State think they are??? They aren't UConn... ;)

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
You can already hear a little bit of the excuses and qualifiers from the announcers about Florida State. It hasn't occurred to them yet that Houston might just be the better team. And if they punch this possession home, they'll take a 21-3 lead. Orlando has the defense dominating, and Herman's offense is humming. Who does Florida State think they are??? They aren't UConn... ;)
And did you hear there pathetic excuse for Houston's only loss this year: Greg Ward didn't start. And even mentioning the name "UConn" sounded like he was being forced to drink cod liver oil. No mention (of course) that our starting QB was also knocked out of the game early. Just pathetic, although pretty much expected.

Reaction Score
Lol the announcers calling out the FSU QB now

Can't blame him for wanting to play, but I don't think he can put enough weight on that left ankle to deliver a strong enough ball any more. The interception was 10 yards under thrown.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Lots of UConn mentions in this telecast. Aside from the obligatory "Houston lost to UConn because Ward was out" excuses, nice to hear Todd Orlando get some respect too.

Reaction Score
We only won by 3 because Shirreffs was out. ;)

Since FSU is down to their backup QBs, will UH fans factor that in too?

Reaction Score
And did you hear there pathetic excuse for Houston's only loss this year: Greg Ward didn't start. And even mentioning the name "UConn" sounded like he was being forced to drink cod liver oil. No mention (of course) that our starting QB was also knocked out of the game early. Just pathetic, although pretty much expected.

The way UConn plays against teams that are at full strength does not yield the same result when teams are missing a key component.....QB Ward.

UConn without Shirreffs is not equivalent to Houston without Ward.

What do you expect the commentators to say? UConn is one of the worse offenses in FBS.

Ward + Houston = win over UConn.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConn without Shirreffs is not equivalent to Houston without Ward.

I agree with the above statement. The problem is that we've come to a different conclusion. Shirreffs is a much larger component of our offensive success than Ward was. Especially because the difference between Boyle and Postma was more than measureable, and it wasn't in our favor...

Reaction Score
The announcers just brought up again that perhaps that these players are used to playing for championships, but then one of them said something to the effect that it just is that Houston is outplaying FSU, plain and simple. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom