OT: Youtube tv | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Youtube tv

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That's correct. YTTV on a fire stick is a no go. It's a real bummer because I have a couple sticks and was ready to pull the trigger and cut the cord. Don't really mind spending on a Chromecast, but can't stand that they make it so hard to standardize on a platform.

I have PS Vue and it's awesome. Sign up for the Core level and you get all the ESPNs, SNY (assuming you're in the greater NY area), CBS Sports Network, FS1 and 2, all the networks...every UConn game. Picture quality is great too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So do you have go through your laptop all the time or do they give you some kind of remote?

Reaction Score
So do you have go through your laptop all the time or do they give you some kind of remote?

If you have a ROKU you can use that remote. For chromecast, you would use your phone, or you could cast from your computer to it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I downloaded YTT on to our LG TV this weekend.

Worked great. I am cutting our Sling TV subscription. YTT is $15/mo more than Sling but has a much better channel package. As a FL resident, NESN, YES and SNY are great.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if you can stream in 4k if you have a chromecast ultra or a 4k apple tv?

Reaction Score
Any one know if Youtube TV has any plans to offer Redzone? I've been using Sling with the additional sports package for the past 4 years, but it does not offer SNY or CBSSN.

Reaction Score
Any one know if Youtube TV has any plans to offer Redzone? I've been using Sling with the additional sports package for the past 4 years, but it does not offer SNY or CBSSN.

Not sure, I know DIRECTV NOW just got Redzone I believe very recently. If that is the case I don't expect YTTV to have it anytime soon.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Worked great. I am cutting our Sling TV subscription. YTT is $15/mo more than Sling but has a much better channel package. As a FL resident, NESN, YES and SNY are great.

So living in FL you needed to spoof your location for those channels right? But then you get the local news for that area right? Can you spoof the location on a smart tv? Thanks.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Signed up for the YouTube TV trial a few days ago thanks to this thread, and already cancelled my cable tv. The last thing holding me back was reliable access to live UConn sports, so this was the nail in the coffin for Fios.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Did you down load it as a separate app? Does it just come up as a separate option on the home screen?

Reaction Score
So living in FL you needed to spoof your location for those channels right? But then you get the local news for that area right? Can you spoof the location on a smart tv? Thanks.

When spoofing the location for me on a ROKU, I have to spoof on my phone and then go into the app on my phone and go to settings and update the location. Then I have to go into the app on ROKU and change the location and it is based on the location of my phone. I'm guessing this is the same on the TV for the LG.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did you down load it as a separate app? Does it just come up as a separate option on the home screen?

You Tube TV is loaded in to LG TV's operating system. I searched for the app and then had to go on line to a you tube tv page for LG TV's. My TV gave me an authorization code I had to type in to computer. I believe I also had to input my zip code in to computer when setting up account.

Once I entered authorization code, app on TV worked fine.

While I do use a VPN on my laptop computer I don't have any spoofing on TV. It appeared to give me my northwest Florida network feeds.

I haven't fully explored all the channels but CBSSN is a good enough get for UConn basketball games not done through ESPN and their family.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Now that I selected it, the app icon shows up on my TV home screen just like Netlfix, Amazon, etc.

Reaction Score
I am able to get YTTV on firestick. There are YouTube videos that tell you how. The first time I followed the video it didn't work. I then googled the problem I had (I don't remember what they were) and resolved it quick. It's ideal for me. I pretty much only turn the TV on for sports. So the TV pretty much stays off all summer.

Reaction Score
I am able to get YTTV on firestick. There are YouTube videos that tell you how. The first time I followed the video it didn't work. I then googled the problem I had (I don't remember what they were) and resolved it quick. It's ideal for me. I pretty much only turn the TV on for sports. So the TV pretty much stays off all summer.

If you did it a couple of months ago you had to side load it. As of now it should be an app that will now be able to install on a fire stick now without problems. Google and Amazon struck a deal. Amazon video couldn't be cast from a Google device to Chromecast before they struck the deal also.

Reaction Score
You can change the area in which you are in if you have the app fakeGPS on Android. It will mock whatever location you want and then out of market games will work as well. I did this the other day trying to watch the Yankees vs. ChiSox. I live in Indiana and the game was blacked out in Chicago and New York areas. I had to mock another location and chose Atlanta and it worked just fine. If you need help let me know.
Any chance i can use that to say I’m in jersey for online poker?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Any chance i can use that to say I’m in jersey for online poker?

plenty of vpns that make you look like you are in jersey. i think there is a challenge you have to fund/withdraw to a jersey acct.

Reaction Score
plenty of vpns that make you look like you are in jersey. i think there is a challenge you have to fund/withdraw to a jersey acct.
Appreciate it thanks!!

Reaction Score
I have PS Vue and it's awesome. Sign up for the Core level and you get all the ESPNs, SNY (assuming you're in the greater NY area), CBS Sports Network, FS1 and 2, all the networks...every UConn game. Picture quality is great too.

If you are happy with PS Vue, you should really look into youtubeTV! YoutubeTV is superior to PS Vue in every aspect. Better picture, less stuttering, no audio glitches, etc, just a far better product!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom