OT: Youtube tv | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Youtube tv

Reaction Score
YoutubeTv is 40 bucks a month?
$40.40 a month (40 cents tax). Couldn’t be happier with it. SNY, CBSSN, and every ESPN included. Can watch on tablet, phone, anywhere. Went on vacation and was able to pull up entire lineup on the road.

Reaction Score
$40.40 a month (40 cents tax). Couldn’t be happier with it. SNY, CBSSN, and every ESPN included. Can watch on tablet, phone, anywhere. Went on vacation and was able to pull up entire lineup on the road.

Mine is $35 with no tax . why are you paying tax?

Reaction Score
Me Too! Love It!
there's no HBO option though from what I can tell? I'm seriously considering cutting the cord finally, and youtube TV may be the way I go.

Reaction Score
Does anyone use Hulu live TV? I already use it regular service and HBO, but it appears to have a few more channel options for same price.

Reaction Score
@Zionn , PM me if you want more details. I’m happy with it. The fact that you get SNY, All ESPN, and CBS Sportsnet was my main reason for getting it. Make sure you check your zip code because local networks might changer (I get all nbc, Fox, cbs, etc and my dad in SC just gets Fox).

That’s plus the fact you get HULU which is a 10 dollar value a month.

Reaction Score
The no HBO is a problem because I need Bill Maher. Can HBO be streamed separately?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The no HBO is a problem because I need Bill Maher. Can HBO be streamed separately?
Yes... I have HBO Now subscription for $14.99/month. You can get this directly through any of these devices:
  • Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Cube.
  • Android TV.
  • Apple TV.
  • PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
  • Roku.
  • Samsung Smart TV.
  • Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Reaction Score
i just looked at their channel lineup for central ct and they seem to cover all of the possibilities for UCONN games. SNY, ESPN’S, FS1, 2. AM I missing something? Also has all the live local channels which many other streaming doesn’t. Is there a catch here?
No catch... been using this service since I cut the chord in January. Love it

Reaction Score
Does anyone use Hulu live TV? I already use it regular service and HBO, but it appears to have a few more channel options for same price.

I had Hulu live on Roku for a few months a year ago. It was an ok value but 1) I hated the interface, 2) lots of buffering (I have 200 Mb download Internet and hard wired connection to roku)

When YTTV came out for Roku early this year I signed up for a trial wanted for 2 hours and then canceled my Hulu live and kept YTTV. It was no contest for me.

Get the free trials and see which you like.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I looked FIOS offers the 100 Mbps for $39.99 plus equipment and taxes and a one time set up fee of $99.

79.99/month gets you the FIOS gigabyte connection their fastest.

CL82

Reaction Score
No HGTV or Hallmark yet. Unhappy wife = Unhappy life. Otherwise, I’d switch in a minute...
Working to get over the same issue.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I looked FIOS offers the 100 Mbps for $39.99 plus equipment and taxes and a one time set up fee of $99.

79.99/month gets you the FIOS gigabyte connection their fastest.

I'm not sure if they would have to wire your house for FIOS (I'm in an apartment so this could be a moot point for you) but the installation for me was connecting a cable to the modem and plugging it in to the power outlet.

You should ask them if that's the case - could save the $100.

Reaction Score
Correct. If you have have an iPhone, you cannot fake your GPS, so you'll have to have someone in the target area go to the link and sign into your gmail.

If you go to YTTV options and select change location, they will give you a link to use. You'll then need to sign into google from that link. If you have an iphone, you'll need to give that link to someone in the market you want to appear on your TV. If you have an Android phone, they will let you fake your gps location (will need to download an app for that). You can fake your GPS location and sign in from that fake location.

Make sense?

So, if you live in another state, but your old zip code in CT will give you all the ESPN's, NBCSportsnet, CBSSportsnet, FS1 and FS2, and SNY, can you just sign in with your old zip code one time and forever get the SNY feed, etc?
What about when you're traveling? Right now we have DirecTV because our local cable system dropped SNY two years ago to put on the Horse Racing channel (in South Carolina of all places). With DirecTV I can tune in to UConn games live on SNY or any other channel I get at home on my laptop when we're away. Will YoutubeTV allow you to view the channels in another zip code in that circumstance or do you have to fake the GPS?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Got the same questions. I'm in so. OR and would have to use the GPS that I'm in Portland since that's the closest city that has YTTV. Then when I want SNY will I have to spoof a CT address, correct? Does YTTV allow that shifting?

CL82

Reaction Score
Those are on fire stick...
So how does that work? Do you still have to subscribe to something else?

Reaction Score
That’s great, going to get it. Now I won’t have to miss any games while on the road here in Europe.

Reaction Score
Got the same questions. I'm in so. OR and would have to use the GPS that I'm in Portland since that's the closest city that has YTTV. Then when I want SNY will I have to spoof a CT address, correct? Does YTTV allow that shifting?
I have PSvue and you can do that
And you will get all necessary channels for UConn games

Reaction Score
My PM response to Zion which I figured would be of use.

It’s 40 bucks total and includes a Hulu subscription to their shows, on demand, and movies. To me, in CT you get all the local ct channels for sports, you get sny for UConn, all espn for UConn, cbs sportsnet for UConn, and Comcast Boston for sometimes UConn hockey. Only thing missing is NesN really but I stopped watching baseball a while back.

Two real things miss are live ABC but I figured who cars because anything Live on abc I want to watch is sports and it’s espn on abc so available on espn app. AMC is missing you can’t get better call Saul or walking dead, either wait for Netflix a season or I use KODI on my fire stick to stream it.

I have google mesh wireless pods with two Ethernet adapter firetvs plugged directly into them and the streaming quality is awesome. All of them have free trials so try them out. Also Hulu allows you to cancel or pause their subscription at anytime. And I figure for HBO or showtime, they allow you to go month to month for steaming, wait till you want to binge and just buy it for a month.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Has Hulu's streaming quality gotten any better? I had it earlier in the year but then switched to PS Vue because of the constant buffering and 30 FPS on sports broadcasts.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if they would have to wire your house for FIOS (I'm in an apartment so this could be a moot point for you) but the installation for me was connecting a cable to the modem and plugging it in to the power outlet.

You should ask them if that's the case - could save the $100.
It’s not that simple though usually. I can’t speak for FIOS but for Xfinity after a certain period of time without service to an address, the tap is no longer hot and a tech has to come out to install anyway. The general rule is a year but every provider can be different.

Reaction Score
So, if you live in another state, but your old zip code in CT will give you all the ESPN's, NBCSportsnet, CBSSportsnet, FS1 and FS2, and SNY, can you just sign in with your old zip code one time and forever get the SNY feed, etc?
What about when you're traveling? Right now we have DirecTV because our local cable system dropped SNY two years ago to put on the Horse Racing channel (in South Carolina of all places). With DirecTV I can tune in to UConn games live on SNY or any other channel I get at home on my laptop when we're away. Will YoutubeTV allow you to view the channels in another zip code in that circumstance or do you have to fake the GPS?

In order to get channels from another area you need 1 of 2 things . An app on your phone that fools the GPS to thinking you are somewhere else or you need someone in that zip code to log in. It's based on GPS not on what zip codes you know.

Reaction Score
The lack of tax and other fees for these offerings is what’s killing the cable companies. Taxes and fees on any tv package in Connecticut is a minimum $25. There’s a broadcast tv fee of $8 and a regional sports fee of $6.75. I’m curious how Youtube Tv and other content providers are avoiding the regional sports fee. Maybe they’re following the Hulu model of losing a lot of $ initially with hopes of becoming profitable at a later date. Programming costs for providers is extremely expensive, most cable companies barely make $ on the tv side. Internet is where the big profits are now, definitely not tv. It will be interesting to see how this all evolves going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom