OT: Your All-Time Favorite Rock "Anthems" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Your All-Time Favorite Rock "Anthems"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
That's well done, but it's too bad that they are not on the same stage. I guess that's what having artistic differences does.

Here's "Comfortably Numb" plus three others as a bonus with Waters and Gilmour together (before Richard Wright died). As the fan's sign reads, "Pigs Have Flown." ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the biggest regrets on my life... missing Woodstock for summer classes.
One of my biggest regrets: Going to Woodstock, losing all of my money, all of my friends, my ride home, all my food, getting to the concert site for all of 15 mins, hitchhiking home on Sunday to see the first Jets/Giants regular season game and missing that as well. Fun times.

Reaction Score
Joined the party late but lots of good ones both posted and left (isn't that great?) ...I just cruised the long list for the first time. If I missed this one (possible...I'm old) , I'll add another...there are plenty more.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
One of my biggest regrets: Going to Woodstock, losing all of my money, all of my friends, my ride home, all my food, getting to the concert site for all of 15 mins, hitchhiking home on Sunday to see the first Jets/Giants regular season game and missing that as well. Fun times.
At least you maintained your sense of direction! ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At least you maintained your sense of direction! ;)
As luck would have it at about 1 pm Saturday morning (I'd lost my friends/ride/companions at about 7 pm Friday), as I was sitting gloomily on a car with a blanket (from where who knows) wrapped around me, I heard someone calling my name. It was my second closest friend who just happened to be in Woodstock without my knowledge. How he found me among 1/2 a million people was the best of serendipity. He, two other young girls and I stayed together until my Sunday hitch/ride home. The most forgettable/unforgettable days of my life. All too true.

Reaction Score
CCR has a long list that could qualify: Most obvious as an 'anthem' for me is Proud Mary - Most memorable lyrics include
Big wheel keep on turnin',
Proud Mary keep on burnin',
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river.​

but my favorite is Lodi (which was a flip "B" side) whose memorable lyrics include:
If I only had a dollar
For every song I've sung
Every time I had to play
While people sat there drunk
You know, I'd catch the next train
Back to where I live​

Both showed CCR's (mostly John Fogarty) great guitar, lyrics, vocals, and pacing. At it's peak, CCR really rocked...including at Woodstock. I recall playing these two songs and frequently often singing along when I and three buddies impulsively drove from PA to LA and back for Mardi Gras...a few years ago ;)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Wooly Bully. (Sam the Sham) Mabeline. (Chuck Berry) Tutti Frutti and Long Tall Sally (Little Richard) Blue Suede Shoes (Carl Perkins) Be Bop a Lula (Gene Vincent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom