OT: Yard Goats Proving Hartford Can Have Nice Things | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Yard Goats Proving Hartford Can Have Nice Things

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Whatever, enjoy arguing with yourself. Pretend like gentrification never means poor people are displaced. Don’t care.
Argue with MYself? Project much?

I never said that. I said it wasn't the case in relation to the article.

Good day, Sir.

Reaction Score
Can't risk it. There are reasons for what CL82 does that the casual city planning fan cannot fathom. Dam may break later in September and CL82 may be able to release the county
OK chief! ;)

Reaction Score
Why don't folks complain about affordable putting affordable housing in Windsor and Glastonbury? They have convenient little downtowns. Why does Hartford have to have a monopoly on poor people? Manchester could use more affordable housing and halfway houses. There's plenty of room around Blue Back Square for multiple homeless shelters. We could start a de-gentrification movement in the suburbs to balance gentrification in the city. Everyone wins.

Reaction Score
Wanted to share with you all. I've been working on a CT sports podcast. My most recent episode features an interview with Yard Goats President Tim Restall. Thought everyone following this thread might find it interesting:

Check it out! Also on iTunes, Spotify, and Google Play. Other episodes include NBC Connecticut's Kevin Nathan, Connecticut Sun's Jonquel Jones, and some sports gambling legalization talk with Sen. Tim Larson.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice job, but make me listen to Tim Larson.

Reaction Score
Why don't folks complain about affordable putting affordable housing in Windsor and Glastonbury? They have convenient little downtowns. Why does Hartford have to have a monopoly on poor people? Manchester could use more affordable housing and halfway houses. There's plenty of room around Blue Back Square for multiple homeless shelters. We could start a de-gentrification movement in the suburbs to balance gentrification in the city. Everyone wins.
Windsor has affordable housing near the center. And; no, there isn't much room around Blue Back Square for anything else.

Reaction Score
Bring me some veg. Indian food and I'll have you standing on the infield of the first MLB no-hitter.

Reaction Score
Windsor has affordable housing near the center. And; no, there isn't much room around Blue Back Square for anything else.
There's plenty of room. They just put in a hotel That could have been a homeless shelter.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's not really... it's closer to West Hartford/end of Capital Ave than the area being reference around the stadium.
If I recall correctly, the Parkville neighborhood is also going through a transformation. Isn't that the neighborhood where they opened the axe throwing place and a brewery, Hog River?, is there too? If it's the same section of Hartford, I find it ironic that the resident speaking out is from there. Parkville is going through what the area around the stadium will hopefully go through.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the Parkville neighborhood is also going through a transformation. Isn't that the neighborhood where they opened the axe throwing place and a brewery, Hog River?, is there too? If it's the same section of Hartford, I find it ironic that the resident speaking out is from there. Parkville is going through what the area around the stadium will hopefully go through.

This place sounds cool if they indeed pull it off. CT pumps $400K into Hartford's Parkville Market

Reaction Score
During redevelopment in the 60's The Hog River was covered up in the Frog Hollow area from the Woodbine St area (old Underwood factory area) past Pope Park. The water rats in that area were gigantic.
As a kid in the North End I wasn't allowed to go near the Hog River behind Bowles Park Project but of course I did anyway. The real name is the Park River but picked up the name Hog because it ran through the Copaco slaughterhouse area in Bloomfield and rumor was the Bernstein brothers dumped their pig blood from the slaughterhouse in the river. Copaco was known to Northenders as Sloppy Charlies and nobody ever called the river Park. And nobody from Hartford ever called the Park St area Parkville either. It was always Frog Hollow.

Reaction Score
During redevelopment in the 60's The Hog River was covered up in the Frog Hollow area from the Woodbine St area (old Underwood factory area) past Pope Park. The water rats in that area were gigantic.
As a kid in the North End I wasn't allowed to go near the Hog River behind Bowles Park Project but of course I did anyway. The real name is the Park River but picked up the name Hog because it ran through the Copaco slaughterhouse area in Bloomfield and rumor was the Bernstein brothers dumped their pig blood from the slaughterhouse in the river. Copaco was known to Northenders as Sloppy Charlies and nobody ever called the river Park. And nobody from Hartford ever called the Park St area Parkville either. It was always Frog Hollow.

Parkville is west of Pope Park to the town line; Frog Hollow is East to Washington St.

Parkville has people from about 100 nations, including North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe. Frog Hollow has mostly Hispanic people, but there are some elderly folk left from when it contained the French section and some Bosnians.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom