OT: World Series | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes, I also think they go with Ross. Salty's plus is his offense but he has struck out a lot and hasn't hit a ball hard in awhile. At least they pick up some D with Ross. Bogarts at SS and Middlebrooks at 3B is intriguing but I think Farrell goes with Drew.

Can you guarantee that Bogaerts makes the same plays as Drew? I don't want to find out. Bogaerts average 3B Defense and hitting + Drew's above average D and lack thereof > Bogaerts average SS Defense and Hitting + Middlebrooks mediocre 3B Defense and below average hitting.

Reaction Score
The baseline is wider than the chalk line.
Yes, about 3" either side of the chalk line except from home to 1B when the runner must be in the box in foul territory. The runner from home to first can be called out for running in fair territory but rarely is.

Reaction Score
Can you guarantee that Bogaerts makes the same plays as Drew? I don't want to find out. Bogaerts average 3B Defense and hitting + Drew's above average D and lack thereof > Bogaerts average SS Defense and Hitting + Middlebrooks mediocre 3B Defense and below average hitting.
No I can't guarantee anything just as you can not guarantee Drew can continue good D. I wasn't recommending it, just thought that it would be interesting. It is likely next years infield. The only reason I would think about doing it in St. Louis is because Ross is a poor hitter and with Drew, Ross and the pitcher in the lineup the Sox are challenged on offense.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No I can't guarantee anything just as you can not guarantee Drew can continue good D. I wasn't recommending it, just thought that it would be interesting. It is likely next years infield. The only reason I would think about doing it in St. Louis is because Ross is a poor hitter and with Drew, Ross and the pitcher in the lineup the Sox are challenged on offense.

Agreed. My response is 1) Dance with who brung ya. Lackey out of the Bullpen notwithstanding, the World Series is no time to start experimenting; and 2) I think of Ross more as a part of the pitching staff, than he is the offensive line up. His knowledge and experience + Drew's defensive ability is worth the lack of offensive production. As much as Drew does not produce he probably save an equal share of runs.

It's funny. For as much as McCarver and Buck gush over Yadier Molina, He looks into the Cardinal dugout before each and every pitch. Metheny calls the game, not Molina.

Reaction Score
As long as Ortiz keeps hitting .800 you can keep Drew in the lineup.

Husky25

Reaction Score
So is your

Sorry, couldn't resist.
The runner from home to first can be called out for running in fair territory but rarely is.
Danzz, Today at 4:18 PM Report
Wait... the runner can be called out for running in fair territory from 3rd to home? That runner didn't make it into foul territory until the last couple steps and the alleged obstruction clearly took place in fair territory. If there is any instance in MLB of a runner being called out for running in fair territory from 3rd to home, I'm changing my percent right v wrong call to 50-50.
No, there is no box on the third base line. The only way a runner can be called for interference is if he is hit with a batted ball in fair territory before a fielder touches it. That is why the lead off third is taken in foul territory.

Reaction Score
No, there is no box on the third base line. The only way a runner can be called for interference is if he is hit with a batted ball in fair territory before a fielder touches it. That is why the lead off third is taken in foul territory.
Yeah I read that too quickly while working earlier and thought it included 3rd to home. Everyone knows you run in the foul territory to avoid batted balls (I don't think that's called interference, its being struck by a batted ball), nitpicking but that 3rd to home runner could be out for interference if he ran in fair (or even foul, but much less likely*) territory and interfered with the fielding of a bunt attempt. Also if the 3rd baseman runs past and misses a bunt and then the ball hits a runner I don't think he'd be out because it passed an infielder.

* I could see say ARod running right into a guy in foul territory attempting to catch a foul ball. Or maybe Arod would get next to the fielder and just yell "I'M A GINORMOUS " and be called for verbal interference despite the fact that his statement was undeniably true.

Reaction Score
In addition, runners on third are taught to come down the line foul and come back to the bag fair to make the catcher's throw more difficult and maybe get hit.

Reaction Score
Yeah I read that too quickly while working earlier and thought it included 3rd to home. Everyone knows you run in the foul territory to avoid batted balls (I don't think that's called interference, its being struck by a batted ball), nitpicking but that 3rd to home runner could be out for interference if he ran in fair (or even foul, but much less likely*) territory and interfered with the fielding of a bunt attempt. Also if the 3rd baseman runs past and misses a bunt and then the ball hits a runner I don't think he'd be out because it passed an infielder.

I could see say ARod running right into a guy in foul territory attempting to catch a foul ball. Or maybe Arod would get next to the fielder and just yell "I'M A GINORMOUS " and be called for verbal interference despite the fact that his statement was undeniably true.

Anything like Pedey trying to take the ball out of the 1st baseman's glove??? You guys are pitiful sometime and just don't see it.......always ARod....the guys a d**k but you have some just as bad on your squad I promise!!

Reaction Score
For the record, it was the correct call, if calling strictly by the book. It is a stupid rule. On the other hand, "Spirit of rule" is interpreted during almost every game at some point or another.

Case in in point the neighborhood rule at second base on a DP attempt. Knoblauch almost never hit second base when he had possession of the ball (whether he was on the Twins, Yankees, or the few games he played 2B as a Royal).

I can also remember a play in a regular season Subway Series (when the Mets were good). where Todd Zeile was playing 1st and Knoblauch ran around him but was gunned down at second. Torre argued obstruction, where Knoblauch didn't even touch Zeile, nor was he impeded. Zeile was facing the outfield and didn't see even see Chucky round first. Chucky was granted 2nd base and the Yankees, of course, went on to win as they always did back then.

Funny how you used a Yankee for your example.........you a closet guy and watch them a lot?:D

Husky25

Reaction Score
Funny how you used a Yankee for your example.........you a closet guy and watch them a lot?:D
While I am from central MA, my extended family is from the Capital Region and I live in central CT. I have more than a handful of friends and realitives who are Yankee fans. Of course I watch them a lot. They are unavoidable. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Btw, Knobby is a Twin in my book and my examples were originally off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
Average of $1900 a seat with some bleachers having gone for $1700 for tonights game according to WWLP news? Wow, would like to yank those tix back from my boss and customers and SELL.........fk the clincher!! LOL

Reaction Score
Average of $1900 a seat with some bleachers having gone for $1700 for tonights game according to WWLP news? Wow, would like to yank those tix back from my boss and customers and SELL.........fk the clincher!! LOL
You could sit in the Grandstands at $50/pop for almost half the regular season games for that one game price!

Reaction Score
As long as Ortiz keeps hitting .800 you can keep Drew in the lineup.
Plus I think Drew is starting to make solid contact again. He delivered a sacrifice fly and hit on to the warning track. All season long he had been streaky. Maybe this is his time.?

Husky25

Reaction Score

If I had tickets, I would certainly entertain offers. But then again, I've experienced Playoff Games (1998 ALDS Game 2 at Yankee Stadium, 2003 ALDS, Game 4 at Fenway, and 2003 ALCS at Fenway, Game 4), series clinching games (2004 ALDS) and the World Series (Game 2, 2004). If I had not had those experiences, I would use the tickets myself and not think twice about it. The energy at, in, and around Fenway Park could light up the rest of the city.

Reaction Score
Have to say I am curious as to why people are overpaying? I could see maybe in 2004 but your team has been there as of late so why the sudden need to be there for the clincher by paying 10x, 15x, 20x or more than the actual??

Husky25

Reaction Score
This is the first possible clincher of the World Series at Fenway since October 1975.

Reaction Score
This is the first possible clincher of the World Series at Fenway since October 1975.

Sorry just read that with a picture of Babe Ruth.....I get it now, kinda......if I had the tix for 300 each and a set of 4 and someone offered me 16K for the set I'd walk away a happier and smarter person than any of those 4 though I can tell you that.........;)

Husky25

Reaction Score
Sorry just read that with a picture of Babe Ruth.....I get it now, kinda......if I had the tix for 300 each and a set of 4 and someone offered me 16K for the set I'd walk away a happier and smarter person than any of those 4 though I can tell you that.........;)
Out of any of your posts vis a vie baseball over the last 13 months, This is probably the only one where I cannot disagree with a single word written... Keep up the good work!!:D

However if I had 4 tix at $300 a piece. I'd make do selling two for $8k and still go to the game...

Reaction Score
Out of any of your posts vis a vie baseball over the last 13 months, This is probably the only one where I cannot disagree with a single word written... Keep up the good work!!:D

However if I had 4 tix at $300 a piece. I'd make do selling two for $8k and still go to the game...

First of all I could care less whether you agree with me or not, your a Sox fan and not very bright!:D.......2ndly I am not a Sox fan so of course I would get rid of all 4! Given the Yanks I may sell 2 for 8K also and keep 2....but I doubt that too. Only a Husky FF game could be that important!

Reaction Score
I'd hope so. Otherwise it would fall right thru the toilet seat.
"Thru"? I hope you're not a uconn grad --- see how stupid it is being a grammar nazi...this was only the second post of yours that i even looked up. Take the stick out buddy

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
"Thru"? I hope you're not a uconn grad --- see how stupid it is being a grammar nazi...this was only the second post of yours that i even looked up. Take the stick out buddy

There's a big difference in being a "grammar nazi" and pointing out illiteracy.

Of course that nuance is lost on some folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom