OT: World Cup | Page 35 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am currently exhibiting symptoms of physical illness. If I had to work right now, I would be in the 'infirmary'.

More nervous than any UCONN game this year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Blasphemy!

Nah, I was pretty confident of them winning. Especially in the tournament. Having the best guard/player in the tournament always makes me feel like we're going to win.

This is more of a David/Goliath situation.

Reaction Score
Cameron and Bedoya have been bumped. I hope for Caneron's sake that the team moves on. Portugal will be tough for him to take. Perhaps we want Gonzalez in for better defense in the air to deal with Germany's set pieces.

caw

Reaction Score
Muntari was out anyway because of 2 yellows.

Yes but there is a difference between being suspended and kicked off the team. Even if they somehow advance he is done. That could seriously hurt morale, esp. If the reason they were booted is what the rumors say it is.

Reaction Score
Our company basically just gave in, and in order to keep people from taking the day off, are putting the game on a 60-inch screen in the cafeteria and giving employees permission to sit there and watch for 2 hours.

Reaction Score
Interesting, Davis is in the starting line-up over Bedoya. Not sure why. What’s the bet that Green subs for him at some point? Cameroon being benched is no surprise, though I though Brooks deserved the starting nod over Gonzalez.

On the other pitch, Ghana looks to be burning itself down. Boateng and Muntari (who was already suspended for the Portugal game for Yellow cards) are both off the team after fighting with management. Plus, they seem to have money issue. While this does help the US, I actually feel bad as I like Ghana and would have rooted for them if they were not in the same Group as the US plus they got screwed by Uruguay in the 2010 cup after screwing the US in the 2006 Cup.

Reaction Score
caw said:
Yes but there is a difference between being suspended and kicked off the team. Even if they somehow advance he is done. That could seriously hurt morale, esp. If the reason they were booted is what the rumors say it is.

Hopefully, morale is set to "bummed" and not "we don't give a ah!t". Helpful if they don't win, but they can't get rolled either.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Interesting, Davis is in the starting line-up over Bedoya. Not sure why. What’s the bet that Green subs for him at some point? Cameroon being benched is no surprise, though I though Brooks deserved the starting nod over Gonzalez.

On the other pitch, Ghana looks to be burning itself down. Boateng and Muntari (who was already suspended for the Portugal game for Yellow cards) are both off the team after fighting with management. Plus, they seem to have money issue. While this does help the US, I actually feel bad as I like Ghana and would have rooted for them if they were not in the same Group as the US plus they got screwed by Uruguay in the 2010 cup after screwing the US in the 2006 Cup.

I have to think Greene gets at least a minute to lock him in. Can't risk losing him to Germany if he eventually blows up.

Reaction Score
I think it's a bad move benching Cameron. Mistakes aside, it's going to throw the defense off a bit with a new lineup and now is not the time to be messing with that.

I have no problem with Bedoya . . . .

Reaction Score
I have to think Greene gets at least a minute to lock him in. Can't risk losing him to Germany if he eventually does up .

I think more than a minute, especially if it is clear that the US will advance in this game or with the Ghana/Portugal game simply because I cannot think of any other reason for Davis to be starting over Bedoya unless Bedoya is injured.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think it's a bad move benching Cameron. Mistakes aside, it's going to throw the defense off a bit with a new lineup and now is not the time to be messing with that.

I have no problem with Bedoya . . . .

He'll still be available for later in the game though. We'll see how it's working out pretty quickly. Hopefully jk is not to locked in to not make the change of necessary.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What the duck is wrong us on crosses. We look like .

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Germany playing to win so far, as those with foresight expected. :D

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Davis and Gonzalez look weak. Although that was great defending right there by Gonzalez.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Why use Green in this game of all games? Loew is his manager and knows his game. I think Davis may have better ball control skills than Bedoya.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Why use Green in this game of all games? Loew is his manager and knows his game. I think Davis may have better ball control skills than Bedoya.

Because if he doesn't play in this world cup, he can change national teams. We want to lock him in permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom