OT: Who's your hockey team? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Who's your hockey team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Carolina Hurricanes. I moved to NC and 10 years later the whale followed. Love hearing Chuck Kaiton on the radio.

Reaction Score
I loved the late 70s rangers. Solid as ..... Win a game at MSG.... then go out all night to the clubs drink and snort blow off of supermodels chests. Those cats got it done.

Yep I agree, they were the tits.

When I do that now I have trouble getting any work done the next day for crying out loud :oops:

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
BU (obviously)

Reaction Score
Couldnt stand the influx of Bruin fans after their cup run so I pretty much root against them. There fans are the worst. I separate Boston sports fans and Bruins fans because they think the world revolves around the black and gold when the other franchises have been 10x more successful

Reaction Score
Anyone who says Bruins should be shot.

Rangers, once the Whale departed

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I see you quoted it before I realized auto-correct screwed up Giacomin.

I go back before Villemure. Terry Sawchuck was Eddie's backup until a drunken fistfight with his roommate (Ron Stewart).

Emile Francis built some talented but too small teams (later did something similar for the Whale) but some of his decisions (especially his treatment of Giacomin) were infuriating.

Reaction Score
Anyone who says Bruins should be shot.

Rangers, once the Whale departed

I don't mind the Bruins living in WesMass to be quite honest. Since moving up here I have stated my dislike for the Sox and Pats (the fans made it worst since 2000, been here since 90) but the Bruins fans are somewhat different. You don't see as many pink hats running around jumping on that bandwagon and ruining the face of the program. I actually enjoyed some of the Bruins series especially vs the Canadiens a couple times. Almost to the point of rooting for them quite honestly.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Easy to become a Bolts fan....

Start by moving to the Tampa Bay area.....the rest comes pretty natural.

Reaction Score
Yale, UConn, SHU, QU, in that order. Tried the Islanders after the Whalers left but didn't totally feel it. But in the playoffs, I'd follow the Isles, Senators and Preds.

FWIW, I think the Rangers will move their farm team to Bridgeport permanently.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Grew up on Long Island during the Islanders 4 straight Stanley Cups. I was 6 when they won in 80. Great start to my fandom, been disappointing ever since! :)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Grew up on Long Island during the Islanders 4 straight Stanley Cups. I was 6 when they won in 80. Great start to my fandom, been disappointing ever since! :)

God I hated those Icelander teams. They were excellent. But jeez I hated them.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Emile Francis built some talented but too small teams (later did something similar for the Whale) but some of his decisions (especially his treatment of Giacomin) were infuriating.

Yeah the Cat was a strange fellow.

I mentioned Hadfield above. I loved the G-A-G line. (Hadfield and Gilbert centered by Ratelle) how about the original chief? :)

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Eddie! My favorite player.

Vic Hadfield was a friend of my dad's.
Hadfield was my favorite forward (favorite Ranger after Eddie and Brad Park) back then. At one time he was the only Ranger to score 50 goals in a season. The GAG line was awesome.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
God I hated those Icelander teams. They were excellent. But jeez I hated them.
I hated that they were willing to be physical and play D (the things the early 70's Rangers seldom did which killed them) and I hated even more that their entire fan base in the mid 70's were Ranger fans who jumped ship.

Reaction Score
"Still, there is proof that the Rangers-to-Bridgeport scenario has been discussed within the offices of Harbor Yards Sports & Entertainment. The company registered the domain names CTRANGERS.COM and CONNECTICUTRANGERS.COM on January 2."

Do they have to call the team the "Rangers"?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I don't mind the Bruins living in WesMass to be quite honest. Since moving up here I have stated my dislike for the Sox and Pats (the fans made it worst since 2000, been here since 90) but the Bruins fans are somewhat different. You don't see as many pink hats running around jumping on that bandwagon and ruining the face of the program. I actually enjoyed some of the Bruins series especially vs the Canadiens a couple times. Almost to the point of rooting for them quite honestly.
Never really minded the Bruins and respected the hell out of their Orr/Esposito cup teams. What I could not stand were the trades (Ratelle & Park for Espo, Middleton for Hodge) that made the Bruins younger while we got old & out of shape.

Very high on my laundry list of critical errors the NHL has historically made is when the Bruins and Rangers were building what would have been a great rivalry (early to mid 1970's) the league shook up their divisions leaving Boston and New York to seldom play each other. Brilliant.

Reaction Score
Never really minded the Bruins and respected the hell out of their Orr/Esposito cup teams. What I could not stand were the trades (Ratelle & Park for Espo, Middleton for Hodge) that made the Bruins younger while we got old & out of shape.

Very high on my laundry list of critical errors the NHL has historically made is when the Bruins and Rangers were building what would have been a great rivalry (early to mid 1970's) the league shook up their divisions leaving Boston and New York to seldom play each other. Brilliant.
The league divided up the "original six" to market the league in new markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom