OT- What is Texas Doing?! | The Boneyard

OT- What is Texas Doing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They hired a search firm to find the next coach!

Texas: Athletic director Steve Patterson has appointed an eight-person committee for the head coaching search. He also has hired recruiting firm Korn/Ferry to help in the search.

Unreal! Shouldn't the AD have coaches phone numbers on speed dial already? What the hell do search firms do? It's the AD's job to be plugged in so that when a job comes open he's already ready to fill it. What a waste of 50K!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just because everyone does it, it doesn't mean it's not a scam. But this is definately something we need to discuss some more so good job bringing it up again.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Thank you. A compliment from you is something to be cherished.

Reaction Score
Just because everyone does it, it doesn't mean it's not a scam. But this is definately something we need to discuss some more so good job bringing it up again.

Eat more fiber.

Reaction Score
I gotta say Matt...that sig picture hurts the eyes. One with Warde and Bob might be easier on the eyes. Just sayin...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I know. Gotta change it but I have to access the boneyard on the computer rather than iPhone to do that. It will be done shortly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know. Gotta change it but I have to access the boneyard on the computer rather than iPhone to do that. It will be done shortly.

Whatever you find to replace it, make it smaller.

Half of us are gonna get carpal tunnel from scrolling past your signature.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
They have completely screwed this whole thing up. They should have begged Mack to stay one more year and take another run at Saban if they didn't have Mora, Gruden, or someone of that ilk lined up.

Reaction Score
They have completely screwed this whole thing up. They should have begged Mack to stay one more year and take another run at Saban if they didn't have Mora, Gruden, or someone of that ilk lined up.
Seriously. How do you run your coach out of town before you have a sure thing lined up to replace him?

Terrible job by them. And as a UConn fan I've known terrible coaching searches.

Not recently though :)

Reaction Score
Saban looked to be waiting to sign his Alabama extension, until he knew what Mack would be doing at Texas. When it appeared that Mack was returning, as he announced he wasn't stepping down, Saban went ahead and signed his Alabama extension. ...THEN Mack resigned! Gotta love it...it sure seems like Mack coordinated this so that the next Texas coach would be anybody...other than Saban.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football...own-negotiating-more-money-buyout-report-says

"Brown's contract says he will receive at least $500,000 a year through 2020, but he's seeking as much as $1.3 million a year as special assistant to Texas president Bill Powers, the newspaper reported, though a school official said that request would not be approved by the university's regents."

Is that some form of a "buyout"?!?!? :eek:

Reaction Score
Saban looked to be waiting to sign his Alabama extension, until he knew what Mack would be doing at Texas. When it appeared that Mack was returning, as he announced he wasn't stepping down, Saban went ahead and signed his Alabama extension. ...THEN Mack resigned! Gotta love it...it sure seems like Mack coordinated this so that the next Texas coach would be anybody...other than Saban.
If Malzahn gets the UT job (I REALLY hope he stays at Auburn), Mack will regret doing that. Malzahn can outdo Mack and Saban combined in terms of total national championships won at AU and/or UT. Both schools have the resources for him to succeed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Malzahn gets the UT job (I REALLY hope he stays at Auburn), Mack will regret doing that. Malzahn can outdo Mack and Saban combined in terms of total national championships won at AU and/or UT. Both schools have the resources for him to succeed.

Doubt that. He can win a championship or two, but he is not better than Saban. At all.

Reaction Score
I just saw a stat that Mack Brown's 2005 national championship team was Texas's first NC team since 1970? I actually lived in Texas for a year and it was during the 2005 season.

That NC game was amazing and to live in Texas before and after one would think Texas was the current Alabama. FWIW...my wife had an illness and the doctor she chose in Texas was an TX AM grad. I told him I was pulling for Texas in the NC game. No wonder he misdiagnosed her. Seriously...didn't find out until we got back to CT.

I hate all things Texas. Except for Ryan Griffin. :cool:

Who knew? Texas has 1 NC team since 1970. Perception is 90% of college football.

Reaction Score
I just saw a stat that Mack Brown's 2005 national championship team was Texas's first NC team since 1970? I actually lived in Texas for a year and it was during the 2005 season.

That NC game was amazing and to live in Texas before and after one would think Texas was the current Alabama. FWIW...my wife had an illness and the doctor she chose in Texas was an TX AM grad. I told him I was pulling for Texas in the NC game. No wonder he misdiagnosed her. Seriously...didn't find out until we got back to CT.

Who knew? Texas has 1 NC team since 1970. Perception is 90% of college football.
Texas is always the best... just ask them.

Reaction Score

It is, but they are always in the mix. They played Bama for the national title recently and lost when Colt McCoy got hurt early. Also, they can just pluck successful HCoaches from other programs at will. Took Mack Brown from UNC, before that grabbed John Mackovic from Illinois. No better built in recruiting advantage. That really is a plum job, even with the unrelistic expectations.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Texas caused a good amount of their own problems. Their greed set everything in motion. Wasn't enough to just financially dominate the Big 12. They had to have the network. An easy program to root against.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I think George Deleone finally deserves a chance to be the head coach!
Ah Yes, he has so many plays you could wall paper a room with them and he's so inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom