OT- What is Texas Doing?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- What is Texas Doing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Former Rutgers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano has let it be known he's interested in the Texas job, a source close to Schiano said Tuesday.
giphy.gif

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Medic there is ZERO chance Jurich can retain Strong if Texas decides he is their guy. It will be interesting to see what Jurich does if Strong leaves.
Hello, Mr. Petrino.

Reaction Score
They have completely screwed this whole thing up. They should have begged Mack to stay one more year and take another run at Saban if they didn't have Mora, Gruden, or someone of that ilk lined up.

Exactly. They shouldn't be on the market hoping for the right guy. If they didn't have their guy should have waited. This was poorly planned and poorly handled. Mack could have skewered the chumps driving that bus on his way out but chose not too because he has too much class.

Reaction Score
Not sure he scoops Orange Blood but we'll see soon enough...

“@BobbyBurton247: BREAKING: Horns247 first to report that Texas will hire Louisville coach Charlie Strong.”

Reaction Score
UCLA's Jim Mora was offered Texas job but turned it down @AdamSchefter reports[/quote]

Mora turned down Texas like Narduzzi turned down UConn. Semantics.

Reaction Score
Not sure he scoops Orange Blood but we'll see soon enough...

“@BobbyBurton247: BREAKING: Horns247 first to report that Texas will hire Louisville coach Charlie Strong.”

Ruh-roh Jurich must have called Forde:

“@YahooForde: Y source: As of now Charlie Strong has not accepted Texas job, has not talked to Louisville AD Tom Jurich or President James Ramsey.”

And now Orange Blood weighs in:

“@ChipBrownOB: Louisville coach Charlie Strong will replace Mack Brown as the head coach at Texas, according to a high-ranking UT source.”

“@ChipBrownOB: The UT source said Louisville's Charlie Strong will be offered the job, and Strong has indicated he will accept.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ruh-roh Jurich must have called Forde:

“@YahooForde: Y source: As of now Charlie Strong has not accepted Texas job, has not talked to Louisville AD Tom Jurich or President James Ramsey.”

So Strong has gone quiet on his admin and they know his situation how?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
@SIPeteThamel: Two NFL teams have inquired about hiring inquired about hiring Louisville OC Shawn Watson as an OC or QB coach.

The wolves aren't circling, they're feasting.

Reaction Score
Jurich busy trying to save this:

“@McMurphyESPN: Charlie Strong hasn't accepted Texas job; wants to talk w/UL AD & Prez source told @ESPN. Another source: no formal offer but he will accept”

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
“@SIPeteThamel: High ranking Texas official said Texas and Charlie Strong have agreed to terms. Five years, $5 mill per. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...ie-strong-agrees-texas-longhorns-head-coach/”

And...

“@BlueDevilLair: I can report that #Duke head coach David Cutcliffe has been contacted by Louisville to replace Charlie Strong http://duke. /Article/Duke-head-coach-David-Cutcliffe-was-contacted-by-Louisville-169427”

LMAO!

This is unbelievable. Diaco has been contacted by Duke. Stay tuned.....

Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority here, but Charlie Strong??? Guy got outcoached by P last year. Smart move by him to grab that Texas money. Teddy Bridgewaters don't show up at UL often

Reaction Score
What a clusterfluck today's media reporting has become. It's not just twitter as mainstream websites are percolating too:

“@McMurphyESPN: Louisville AD Tom Jurich told @ESPN Charlie Strong told him tonight Strong has not accepted Texas job”

Jurich must be trying to raise money!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a clusterfluck today's media reporting has become. It's not just twitter as mainstream websites are percolating too:

“@McMurphyESPN: Louisville AD Tom Jurich told @ESPN Charlie Strong told him tonight Strong has not accepted Texas job”

Jurich must be trying to raise money!

“@ericcrawford: Charlie Strong is meeting with #UofL president Jim Ramsey and AD Tom Jurich right now.”

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Two things:

1) I hate that journalism has gone to minute-by-minute throwing at a wall. As Medic said, the media has truly become a "clusterfluck".

2) I'm SURE that I'm in the minority on this, but if I'm Charlie Strong, I'm not sure I take the Texas job. Yes, you go from 3.5 mil to 5 mil. Yes, you get a built-in recruiting base in Texas. But you are fast becoming a legend where you currently are now, and you could easily become the goat at Texas with a few 8-5 or 9-4 seasons.

I can see why someone would want to take the Texas job over Ville, don't get me wrong. Plus, Teddy Bridgewater is gone and his life will become much tougher. But I've always loved the idea of someone getting the chance to become a school legend. You get to have restaurants and bars in the area long after you retire, and people will always love you. That would be worth a lot more to me...

Reaction Score
Two things:

1) I hate that journalism has gone to minute-by-minute throwing at a wall. As Medic said, the media has truly become a "clusterfluck".

2) I'm SURE that I'm in the minority on this, but if I'm Charlie Strong, I'm not sure I take the Texas job. Yes, you go from 3.5 mil to 5 mil. Yes, you get a built-in recruiting base in Texas. But you are fast becoming a legend where you currently are now, and you could easily become the goat at Texas with a few 8-5 or 9-4 seasons.

I can see why someone would want to take the Texas job over Ville, don't get me wrong. Plus, Teddy Bridgewater is gone and his life will become much tougher. But I've always loved the idea of someone getting the chance to become a school legend. You get to have restaurants and bars in the area well after you retire, and people will always love you. That would be worth a lot more to me...
Well do you know what Rick Pitino does on Tables at restaurants in Louisville? Yeah, you'd move to. I'd be afraid to eat anywhere in Louisville with Pitino on the lose.

Reaction Score
On a serious note, is he really making 3.5 mill at Louisville? Even still those extra millions are real money. I'm just not sold on him as a coach. Outcoached by P last year. Can't shake that image. P and Don Brown put together a real solid game plan against him.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is taking the money and running which is smart considering his quarterback is going to the NFL.

Louisville can now go back to be a middle of the pack team. I hope the ACC enjoys their pick in the next couple of years.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
On a serious note, is he really making 3.5 mill at Louisville? Even still those extra millions are real money. I'm just not sold on him as a coach. Outcoached by P last year. Can't shake that image. P and Don Brown put together a real solid game plan against him.

Actually, it's higher. It's 3.7 million (base pay only):

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/01/04/texas-coach-charlie-strong-louisville/4315315/

And I know, I know...what's 1.3 million between friends? But still, to be a legend in an area; priceless. Geno Auriemma already has two area restaurants (Mohegan, Storrs), and Calhoun used to have the bar "Coach's" in Hartford. Buildings and fields get named after you. Your name becomes synonymous with the university (like Wooden and UCLA, or like Bowden and FSU). How much is something like that worth? To me, it's not worth the 33% raise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom