Ot: What City do u live in & where did you grow up? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ot: What City do u live in & where did you grow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Born: New Haven
Raised: West Haven (0-1) Milford (1-4) Stratford (4-18)
Lived: Storrs, Windham, Stratford again, Milford again, Ansonia, Beacon Falls, & Shelton
Current: Shelton, CT

Reaction Score
I don't know, their guacamole bacon burger isn't so bad.
I like In-n-out and Carl's Jr. Carl's has the Santa Fe Chicken sandwich which is outstanding. But best of all is Rubio's Fish Tacos.

Reaction Score
Supposed to have lunch with a friend at Bar of America today but not sure if im going to be able to make it.

nice, I will be in Reno tonight for soccer practice.

Reaction Score
When were you in Wethersfield? (I'm WHS '96)...
Graduated Xavier HS in 95'. Corpus Christi from 4th grade to 8th. Joined navy in 2001. Worked at the civic cafe from 96-2000.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Born: Port Chester n.y.
Raised: Greenwich ct.
Lived: Oklahoma city, Boca Raton fl.
Current: Rye Brook n.y.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool thread ... although it is somewhat depressing to see what a boring life I have lived so far ... :(
Born: Hartford, CT
Raised: East Windsor, CT
Lived: CCSU (Vance Hall) 1989, Rochester, NY (RIT) 1990-1992, Enfield, CT 1993, Stafford, CT 1994-2002
Current: Somers, CT 2002 - present​

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
My uncle probably built a few thousand of those houses. Spreads south and west at an amazing rate. Corporate Woods used to be in the boonies. New Englanders couldn't really conceive of it.

He must be doing well (or did well). Thousands of big, very nice houses on postage stamp sized yards. I bet the Kansas City metropolitan area would fill up most of Connecticut (not that that would be good thing). I liked it better when it was like when I grew up. Living a little south of Ranch Mart area (95th and Mission Road), the civilized world stopped before I 435 for the most part. It was fun to explore the woods/undeveloped areas.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He must be doing well (or did well). Thousands of big, very nice houses on postage stamp sized yards. I bet the Kansas City metropolitan area would fill up most of Connecticut (not that that would be good thing). I liked it better when it was like when I grew up. Living a little south of Ranch Mart area (95th and Mission Road), the civilized world stopped before I 435 for the most part. It was fun to explore the woods/undeveloped areas.

He did. Big house in Leawood on Hallbrook CC. Cousin Ken has his own home building business now. I've watched the changes since we moved in 1970. When looking at houses in MA, I rejected anything that was on a small lot or didn't have mature trees. In CT I had the woods in my backyard, and wanted the same for my daughter.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Born: Overland Park, KS (0-5)
Raised: Manchester, CT (5-18)
Lived: Storrs (18-21), Simsbury (21-23), Lawrence, KS (24-27), Lenexa, KS (27-28.5), Campbell, CA, San Jose, CA, Shrewsbury, MA, South Boston, MA
Current: Franklin MA (2003-present)
That reminds me that it's been a while since I've been to Incontro. Not a bad spot for a beer or two, just don't go for a monday night Pats game as they close the second floor before the game ends.

Reaction Score
West Hartford born & raised. Have lived a year in Storrs and two years in South Bend, IN

Reaction Score
Born: Hartford Hospital
Raised: Avon (thru 3rd grade), Portland
Lived: Cromwell, New Britain, Colchester, Tampa FL
Current: Tampa (and no, I don't know STB!)

Reaction Score
born/raised: Simsbury, CT
lived: Johnson, VT, Waltham, MA, Boston, Wellesley, Northborough (westward migration)
currently: Holden, MA

<1 hour from Storrs, 1 hour to saltwater, and 3 hours to Stowe, VT. What else is needed?

Reaction Score
Born in New Britain. Raised in West Hartford. DC for school, but back in West Hartford.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
lived: Johnson, VT, Waltham, MA, Boston, Wellesley, Northborough (westward migration)

<1 hour from Storrs, 1 hour to saltwater, and 3 hours to Stowe, VT. What else is needed?

When were you in 'bury? Class of '95 here.

Stowe has so much snow right now. Thinking about heading up this weekend.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That reminds me that it's been a while since I've been to Incontro. Not a bad spot for a beer or two, just don't go for a monday night Pats game as they close the second floor before the game ends.

Love that place. Bar is beautiful, greta pool tables, but mostly we go for dinner downstairs. It has pretty much eliminated any desire to drive in to Boston for a nice dinner. For game watching, I go to BBC in Franklin (and for family dinners etc.). Actually has the best pizza in the area...buy one get one free on Tuesdays.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Folks moved to Simsbury after HS, the summer before I left for Storrs. Sister graduated Simsbury High. How is Holden 1 hour from saltwater?

Reaction Score
New to the forum, how's everyone?

Born: Brooklyn, NY.
Raised: Brooklyn (0-2), Lagos, Nigeria (2-9), Baltimore, MD (west-side) (9-18)
Lived: Storrs, CT (18-22)
Current: Baltimore, MD (Since I graduated in 2012)

I'd like to say that Rudy Gay and Emeka Okafor had no influence on my college decision, and that I chose a school strictly based on academics, facilities, and finances, but that would be a complete lie. Luckily UCONN fit the first three criteria as well.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
New guy here.

Born: Waterbury CT
Raised: Wolcott CT
Reside: Portland CT

Go dogs.

rgw

Reaction Score
Born Trinadad BWI
Raised Windsor Locks CT
Lived Windsor Locks, Windsor, New Britain , Charlotte NC,
Current Frankln TN
Had season tickets for 13 years, still watch every game.

Reaction Score
Born: new Britain
Raised: southington
Live: west Hartford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Born: New Fairfield, CT
Raised: New Fairfield, CT
Lived: Cincinnati, OH(5 years as a kid); Storrs, CT(UConn)
Current: Manchester, CT(1 year in June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel