Ot: What City do u live in & where did you grow up? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ot: What City do u live in & where did you grow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Born: Sleepy Hollow, NY
Raised: Coventry, CT
Also Lived In: New Britain, CT
Current: New Haven, CT

Surprised no other Coventry folks. UConn is practically religion there.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The responses have been awesome! UConn Nations reach is definitely coast to coast & beyond. Thank you for indulging me and my thread. Hey, if anyone's thinking of buying or selling, in any state, shoot me a private Yard message if you need a realtor. I work with a National Referral company that can help customers in all 50 states! I've already been contacted by a few posters with plans for Spring/Summer moves. Any state/any property. Thanks!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Northwest takes the cake. So much to do here. But I learned how to play b-ball from Jim Calhoun and his basketball camps when I lived in CT, I have a ball signed by Ben Gordon and my love for that program and all it has done for me will never go away! I go to UW and UW Bball fans hate it when I shout proudly...Go UCONN! :)

I'm surprised they don't draw and quarter you. UConn has repeatedly ripped the heart out of that program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The responses have been awesome! UConn Nations reach is definitely coast to coast & beyond. Thank you for indulging me and my thread. Hey, if anyone's thinking of buying or selling, in any state, shoot me a private Yard message if you need a realtor. I work with a National Referral company that can help customers in all 50 states! I've already been contacted by a few posters with plans for Spring/Summer moves. Any state/any property. Thanks!

And the real motive is revealed. GemParty has just quickly filled up his sales pipeline with next to no effort. Points for ingenuity. :D

Reaction Score
If you can sell underwater houses for what I still owe, call me. ;^)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was going to respond to your original post by saying this must be a sales pitch by you somehow but didnt want to be a d ick. I guess I was right. Still enjoyed the thread.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was going to respond to your original post by saying this must be a sales pitch by you somehow but didnt want to be a d ick. I guess I was right. Still enjoyed the thread.

Don't sweat it.

I'm going to make him give a kidney to the other dude as penance for this.

Reaction Score

There's a nice property in Piscataway that will soon be on the market, if you want to get out front of that one.

Reaction Score
Born and Raised: Waterbury (0-18) Scovill Houses Wood St.
Sacred Heart Grammar and High School
Sacred Heart Univ Bridgeport 2yrs
...enough of the Sacred Heart thing already...
UConn 2 years (Willington and Coventry)
Chicago 1 year
Mansfield Center 2 years
Stafford Springs 5 years
North Colebrook 11 years
Weedsport NY 25 years - outside Syracuse...god have I loved mostly torturing these "fans"

A LOYAL UConn fan since 1959 through thick and thin WATR radio...anybody remember Hugh Greer and Fred Shabel?

Reaction Score
I'm surprised they don't draw and quarter you. UConn has repeatedly ripped the heart out of that program.

Haha I am surprised too. They are very bitter at the superior huskies (in basketball anyway). They usually get over it by saying something like "well, we are better at football" haha. Also, you can be absolutely sure I will be at the Uconn vs UW game here in Seattle next season! So pumped to watch my favorite team play in action. Been since 09-10 when I went to the Uconn vs. Gonzaga game for Battle In Seattle.
I was one of the only people wearing a Uconn jersey in the arena. However, I am nervous about next season as UW is right downtown and if I wear anything Uconn in the arena I am afraid I might be in for a very long night. I might have to go as an "under cover" Uconn fan wearing UW gear...I mean it's whats inside that counts right?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Haha I am surprised too. They are very bitter at the superior huskies (in basketball anyway). They usually get over it by saying something like "well, we are better at football" haha. Also, you can be absolutely sure I will be at the Uconn vs UW game here in Seattle next season! So pumped to watch my favorite team play in action. Been since 09-10 when I went to the Uconn vs. Gonzaga game for Battle In Seattle.
I was one of the only people wearing a Uconn jersey in the arena. However, I am nervous about next season as UW is right downtown and if I wear anything Uconn in the arena I am afraid I might be in for a very long night. I might have to go as an "under cover" Uconn fan wearing UW gear...I mean it's whats inside that counts right?

No, you obviously must wear UConn gear and cheer over the rest of the crowd. This is one of those defining moments in life where you stand up for what's good and pure and right, or you wear UW gear and watch your privates shrivel up and fall off.

Reaction Score
Born: Queens, NY
Raised: Hamden, CT
Lived: Queens, NY - Hamden, CT - East Haven, CT - Storrs, CT - Branford, CT - Victorville, CA - Los Angeles, CA
Current: Los Angeles, CA

Reaction Score
Hmm, no fishy, temry, suzyq, or other usual suspects
Just getting caught up...
Born: Hartford (Wethersfield), CT ( 0-3)
Raised: East Hartford, CT (3-21)
Lived: Winsted(21-24) , East Hartford (24-26), Glastonbury(26-39), Old Lyme(39-41, Pawcatuck(41-44, Amston(44-48), Colchester
Current: Colchester, CT
Work: Groton

Reaction Score
Born: Wethersfield CT
Raised: Wethersfield CT
Currently: San Diego CA. ( Active duty Navy)
I spent 4 years in SD, in USN also (late 70s). Loved it. ASW training base off Harbor Drive... across from Shelter Island.

Other:
Born: Brooklyn, NY
Raised: Brooklyn, Levittown NY, Portland CT (to college)
Lived: Storrs CT, Great Lakes IL, Memphis TN, Groton CT, Portland CT, Memphis TN, San Diego CA, East Hartford CT, Torrington CT.

Reaction Score
I spent 4 years in SD, in USN also (late 70s). Loved it. ASW training base off Harbor Drive... across from Shelter Island.

Been to that base many times. I'm stationed on Coronado(NASNI). Fly in the MH-60R helo. I'm an AWR naval aircrewman. 12 years in and counting.

Reaction Score
Been to that base many times. I'm stationed on Coronado(NASNI). Fly in the MH-60R helo. I'm an AWR naval aircrewman. 12 years in and counting.
Small world. Best wishes for a safe career.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My family is in the Overland Park/Johnson County area. Very nice place to grow up, at least when I was there (the suburbs there have spread south and west like a virulent weed or something...pretty incredible. On a side note, Beakumhawks also lives there.

My uncle probably built a few thousand of those houses. Spreads south and west at an amazing rate. Corporate Woods used to be in the boonies. New Englanders couldn't really conceive of it.

Reaction Score
Born: Sharon CT.
Raised: Salisbury CT.
Curently living in Tahoe

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Born: Wethersfield CT
Raised: Wethersfield CT
Currently: San Diego CA. ( Active duty Navy)
When were you in Wethersfield? (I'm WHS '96)...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Born: Sharon CT.
Raised: Salisbury CT.
Curently living in Tahoe
That makes 3 of us in Tahoe. Well, two of us moved to Reno about 7 years ago but close enough. Where in Tahoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom