OT: Wade - Heat | The Boneyard

OT: Wade - Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Admittedly not much a fan of the guy but this is a special gesture:

"If we're in a car and we're in traffic for three hours, what are other people who are really affected by this, what are they doing? How are they getting around, how are they moving, et cetera?" Wade said. "So it was just like, come on man, we shouldn't be here to play a basketball game. If anything, we should be here to do something to help the city."
He decided Friday to donate his game check, around $210,000 before taxes, to relief efforts.
My respect goes out to the man very very nice job.............:)

Reaction Score
This came after he complained about being stuck in traffic for 3 hours to get to NYC.. He later tried to take his foot out of his mouth after getting ripped by fans by saying he wasn't annoyed about sitting in traffic but that they shouldn't be playing a game.. He deleted the first tweet and decided to donate.

Reaction Score
This came after he complained about being stuck in traffic for 3 hours to get to NYC.. He later tried to take his foot out of his mouth after getting ripped by fans by saying he wasn't annoyed about sitting in traffic but that they shouldn't be playing a game.. He deleted the first tweet and decided to donate.

Yeah it does look like he donated to save face, I cant stand Wade he annoys me more then Lebron. As a Knicks fan I had a feeling the Knicks would play inspired tonight, the Knicks do match up well with the Heat if they stay healthy (knock on wood). Amare will find a way to mess it all up that is unless he can swallow his pride and come off the bench.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Big win for the good guys last night. Beating the defending champs by 20 was a great way to start the season. When STAT comes back he should be a 20-25 minute bench player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

I didn't know of that story and twitter post.......okay he's probably still the whiny d**k I thought he was..........:oops:

Reaction Score
Whining about traffic - I can understand that.

Whining about a guy whining about traffic - a sign that you need to get punched in the throat.

Agreed.........unless of course they gave their paycheck to JC's foundation??......

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
you guys are complaining about a guy who just donated 210,000 dollars. Thats the most I have seen anyone donate by about a 100,000.

And the Knicks have no chance vs the heat in a series lets not kid ourselves here. You shot 19-36 from 3 that might be ur best shooting night of the year.

Reaction Score
Good God - the guy donates nearly a quarter of a million dollars to help the victims of hurricane Sandy, and you guys are still here bashing him. Think of all the things he could do with $210,000, now realize there are a few dozen people who will have their power back because of Wade's generous deed. Some athletes just can't win because assholes like Buffet10 are blinded by the uniform he wears - try to gain a little perspective for *ks sake.

Reaction Score
you guys are complaining about a guy who just donated 210,000 dollars. Thats the most I have seen anyone donate by about a 100,000.

And the Knicks have no chance vs the heat in a series lets not kid ourselves here. You shot 19-36 from 3 that might be ur best shooting night of the year.

The Knicks matchup so well with the Heat that they took them to five games last year.

Reaction Score
The only reason he donated the money is because he's trying to save his reputation because of his tweet. He didnt do it because he cares. And I actually use to like D-Wade up until the tweet.

Reaction Score
Wade is probably my least favorite player in the NBA...but I'm with Fishy here. Anyone ripping a guy who just donated more than $200K deserves to get punched in the throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom