OT- Vince McMahon Is Bringing Back The XFL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Vince McMahon Is Bringing Back The XFL

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmao at not one, but two instances of TD replay review catch/not a catch ridiculousness last night.

And still nobody knows what is actually right.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lmao at not one, but two instances of TD replay review catch/not a catch ridiculousness last night.

And still nobody knows what is actually right.
As I Pats fan, I saw bobbling, bobbling a-plenty. As a fan of the game, I like the break the plane of the goal rule. Much cleaner and clearer.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As I Pats fan, I saw bobbling, bobbling a-plenty. As a fan of the game, I like the break the plane of the goal rule. Much cleaner and clearer.

As a Giant fan, I thought the Ertz catch was pretty clearly a TD, the Clement one...looked like some bobbling.

I thought both should stand though - I was rooting for New England fwiw.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The first review wasn't a catch in my book. By the time the receiver gained clear control, his left foot had already hit white. Ertz was a different story. He caught the ball on the 5, took three steps with clear possession and lost the ball in the endzone. By that time, it was already a TD.

Reaction Score
For really old UConn alumni on the Boneyard, they will remember the ACFL, the Hartford Knights, playing at Dillon Stadium. The ACFL had affiliations with the NFL (Waterbury Jets, Lowell Giants.) It was a relatively thriving minor league.
I grew up with the USFL, with Keith Jackson calling NJ Generals games on ABC.
The AAFC has 8 teams in the south, starts play on the weekend after the Super Bowl on CBS, with local stations committed to broadcast games locally. There are many fans where there is no such thing as too much football.
Who on here watched the starting QB of the Jets play at the Rent for the Colonials in 2010? I don't think the reimagined XFL or AAFC will have trouble finding players wishing to put off the real world for another day, including some UConn players.
If they are smart unlike the USFL they will stay in the spring and cultivate a local following. The seasons of respective leagues end just as NFL and CFL camps are opening. I will be watching.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Games should last two hours with a one hour clock on each team. Your clock runs when you possess the ball. No time outs.

The game ends when the losing teams clock runs out.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Games should last two hours with a one hour clock on each team. Your clock runs when you possess the ball. No time outs.

The game ends when the losing teams clock runs out.
I know there is talk of the xfl either eliminating halftime or making it like 3 minutes long. Less commercials will speed up game tremendously.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For really old UConn alumni on the Boneyard, they will remember the ACFL, the Hartford Knights, playing at Dillon Stadium.

I went to a few games with my Dad. I still remember him bitching about paying for parking. Marv Hubbard went from the Knights to 3 Pro Bowls with the Raiders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom