OT: Vikings v Saints | The Boneyard

OT: Vikings v Saints

Reaction Score
What was he thinking? Why?

Situational awareness. Give him the yards. Don't let him run to the end zone.

Reaction Score
Just a normal tackle and the game is over, guy decides to tackle his own teammate instead.

Reaction Score
That was nuts. Feel bad for you the guy though, totally misread that tackle.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just a normal tackle and the game is over, guy decides to tackle his own teammate instead.

Assuming he kept Diggs in bounds. Bare minimum holds them to a field goal. I barely know what he was trying to do. Sweep the legs?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That was nuts. Feel bad for you the guy though, totally misread that tackle.

they said on TV he was trying to avoid interference at all costs as coached. Couldn't stop in time.

I can't get a good look at what happened post snap on the route.

Reaction Score
The attempt wasn’t even good. A total whiff on a guy who was vulnerable going up to catch the ball.

Good for viking fans they have suffered and been through a lot....can’t imagine the atmosphere at that stadium after that happened.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
That was such an intense final 10 minutes or so ... I couldn't sit down and I don't really care about either team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Looked at couple replays and it appears the safety broke too early on the ball. When he reached Diggs, the ball hadn't arrived. So he ducked under him to avoid pass interference. Wasn't really looking at the ball. Man, he really should have contained.

Good angle starts about 23 sec in:

EDIT: Vid doesn't seem to be embedding. LINK

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe he thought Diggs would head OB. He took that angle. A sloppy arm tackle was all he needed.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If I didn't know better (which I don't ...), I'd say the fix was in on that play. That's one he'll never live down. I'd be shocked if he's on the team next year. I'd gate to be in his shoes explaining that last play. 1000:1 against them winning that game at that point. Did the 100 year-old lady drop dead after that play? Only 100 year-old I've ever seen with dark brown hair

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If I didn't know better (which I don't ...), I'd say the fix was in on that play. That's one he'll never live down. I'd be shocked if he's on the team next year. I'd gate to be in his shoes explaining that last play. 1000:1 against them winning that game at that point. Did the 100 year-old lady drop dead after that play? Only 100 year-old I've ever seen with dark brown hair

Poor kid's a rookie too. 2nd round pick at #42 overall so I think he'll be there next year. lol

Did the 100 year-old lady drop dead after that play? Only 100 year-old I've ever seen with dark brown hair

That's wig. No confirmation she's still alive though.

Reaction Score
I used to think it was crazy to think sports were rigged then I opened my eyes.

Reaction Score
And took out the only team mate who was the only chance to stop Diggs. Tough shoes for the rookie tonight.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I got really nervous at 20-14, so I just got in the car and left the house. (I had to leave. Every three seconds, my wife or daughter will ask “Are they losing?”)

I went to Walgreens of all places because it’s Sunday night and the only thing in the world that is open is usually a Walgreens.

The Saints scored when I was in Walgreens - I figured the Vikings were done, so I started back home. They got into field goal range, so I didn’t want to go home and answer the losing question, so I went into a pizza place because, like Walgreens, it was open. I watched the Vikings’ FG, the Saints’ FG and the touchdown there.

Wife thinks it’s funny that I brought home a pizza that we didn’t want and won’t eat. I don’t care.

That never, ever, ever happens for Viking fans.

Reaction Score
I got really nervous at 20-14, so I just got in the car and left the house. (I had to leave. Every three seconds, my wife or daughter will ask “Are they losing?”)

I went to Walgreens of all places because it’s Sunday night and the only thing in the world that is open is usually a Walgreens.

The Saints scored when I was in Walgreens - I figured the Vikings were done, so I started back home. They got into field goal range, so I didn’t want to go home and answer the losing question, so I went into a pizza place because, like Walgreens, it was open. I watched the Vikings’ FG, the Saints’ FG and the touchdown there.

Wife thinks it’s funny that I brought home a pizza that we didn’t want and won’t eat. I don’t care.

That never, ever, ever happens for Viking fans.
Haha, have you ever watched one of these big games from start to finish with Uconn or the Vikings?

Also, how did you become a Vikings fan?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Haha, have you ever watched one of these big games from start to finish with Uconn or the Vikings?

Also, how did you become a Vikings fan?

1) The last big game that I saw end to end from either team was the Ohio State Final Four game in ‘99. It’s a little worse with the Vikings because I always know something bad is going to happen. And the other Viking fan, @Milo65, can probably vouch for this - when things go south for the Vikings, Viking fans get an absolute ton of text messages about what’s happening. It makes it so much more nerve-wracking.

This is a text message exchange with my own mother who only recognizes a sporting event when it involves the Vikings losing...

“Are the Vikings really winning 17-0?”

“Not anymore.”

“What the heck...choke all the time...have it, throw it away...”

2) Luck of the draw. When I was three, my father bought NFL sweatshirts for my brother and I - he got the Steelers and I got the Vikings. Both teams stuck, but it worked out a lot better for him.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
When did Defensive Coordinators start teaching the no-arm projectile missile tackling method? It seems that jumping into guys to slow them down or get them off balance for another guy to get the ball carrier is the new norm.

And so many defenders get hurt when rammed by their own guys.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My earliest vision of the Vikes is this weird-assed Fred Cox kicking style...

upload_2018-1-14_22-54-22.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom