OT: Vikings v Saints | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Vikings v Saints

Reaction Score
When did Defensive Coordinators start teaching the no-arm projectile missile tackling method? It seems that jumping into guys to slow them down or get them off balance for another guy to get the ball carrier is the new norm.

And so many defenders get hurt when rammed by their own guys.
The only explanations are he got there early before the ball did and was so terrified about pass interference that he totally freaked out and contorted his body so that he would completely miss Diggs or he owed massive gambling debts to some people who don't play around.

Reaction Score
I didn't even realize until after the game that Williams was also the guy who made the pick earlier (I believe it was 17-7 at the time and he ran back a pick to the 15 or so that set up a touchdown).

My heart hurts for him, especially because he's a good player. Looked like he was caught in-between making the tackle and making a play on the ball so he kind of just lunged forward hoping to avoid a penalty. He'll see that in his nightmares forever. First name that popped into my head after that play was Rahim Moore.

It's not bad luck but it's bad luck. Wrong place, wrong time to have that happen.

Reaction Score
I was at the broncos/ravens divisional game in 2012 where rahim Moore got beat over the top with 30 seconds left on a 70 yard pass, which sent the game into OT. Today’s play was worse.

Last edited:

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Poor technique. These kids go for the hit/cut down instead of wrapping and tackling. If he just went in with his arm out in a traditional tackle position he would made the play. Kids are allowed to get away with that nonsense in high school/college nowadays and it followed him into a playoff game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Poor technique. These kids go for the hit/cut down instead of wrapping and tackling. If he just went in with his arm out in a traditional tackle position he would made the play. Kids are allowed to get away with that nonsense in high school/college nowadays and it followed him into a playoff game.

He could have simply caught him in the air and fell over.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The attempt wasn’t even good. A total whiff on a guy who was vulnerable going up to catch the ball.

Good for viking fans they have suffered and been through a lot....can’t imagine the atmosphere at that stadium after that happened.
I can imagine! It was like MSG when Scotty through the TD pass to Tate

Reaction Score
I got really nervous at 20-14, so I just got in the car and left the house. (I had to leave. Every three seconds, my wife or daughter will ask “Are they losing?”)

I went to Walgreens of all places because it’s Sunday night and the only thing in the world that is open is usually a Walgreens.

The Saints scored when I was in Walgreens - I figured the Vikings were done, so I started back home. They got into field goal range, so I didn’t want to go home and answer the losing question, so I went into a pizza place because, like Walgreens, it was open. I watched the Vikings’ FG, the Saints’ FG and the touchdown there.

Wife thinks it’s funny that I brought home a pizza that we didn’t want and won’t eat. I don’t care.

That never, ever, ever happens for Viking fans.
My phone was blowing up the entire game and when it comes to sports I’m very superstitious. My UConn roommate and best friend texted me the night before, he’s a Steelers fan and wanted to know if I was interested in attending a Steelers/Vikings Super Bowl. The Bad Karma on that text alone was enough to send me into desperation mode. Wife would say early in the game- “your boys look good!” Damn woman! Do you know what you just did! Do you know these are the VIKINGS! As a Vikings fan, we can’t have nice things!

Vikings hit the late field goal to go ahead and I look at the clock and say to my son who unfortunately is also a Vikings fan: “There’s too much time, Drew Brees is too good, this is what you sign up for when you follow this team.” I was sure DCF was coming for my kids, the stupidity of allowing my boys to root for this team is in fact a form of child abuse.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would happen. Those of you who don’t follow the purple, don’t know. The video below can give you a little taste. You can add Blair Walsh’s chip shot miss two year ago as this video was made before that game.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Still in shock! Been a Vikings fan for a long time, watched this cursed team for 40 years, can’t believe it.
Me as well.

SKOL

CB9BAD58-0B30-44AA-AF7B-207AEB4B2ACE.gif

Reaction Score
I can imagine! It was like MSG when Scotty through the TD pass to Tate
Right metro area. Wrong arena. That took place across the river in the old Brendan Byrne Arena aka the Meadowlands.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You don't try for the interception in that situation.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I couldn't see second half of game and am now watching the replay.

I'm at :33 seconds left and know the Saints have to still kick a FG and Vikings score a TD. And I still don't believe this can all happen with the time left on the clock.

Reaction Score
Good for viking fans they have suffered and been through a lot....can’t imagine the atmosphere at that stadium after that happened.
Was out with friends hopping around for the games. Happened to choose a Vikings bar (didn’t know it was one when we chose to go there) for the second half.

Pretty wild reaction; and there was a solid amount of Saints fans there too

Reaction Score
My phone was blowing up the entire game and when it comes to sports I’m very superstitious. My UConn roommate and best friend texted me the night before, he’s a Steelers fan and wanted to know if I was interested in attending a Steelers/Vikings Super Bowl. The Bad Karma on that text alone was enough to send me into desperation mode. Wife would say early in the game- “your boys look good!” Damn woman! Do you know what you just did! Do you know these are the VIKINGS! As a Vikings fan, we can’t have nice things!

Vikings hit the late field goal to go ahead and I look at the clock and say to my son who unfortunately is also a Vikings fan: “There’s too much time, Drew Brees is too good, this is what you sign up for when you follow this team.” I was sure DCF was coming for my kids, the stupidity of allowing my boys to root for this team is in fact a form of child abuse.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would happen. Those of you who don’t follow the purple, don’t know. The video below can give you a little taste. You can add Blair Walsh’s chip shot miss two year ago as this video was made before that game.

One of my very good friend is lifelong Vikings fan and pretty much was saying the same thing. Said I've seen this movie/ book before I already know the ending. He was ready to leave so he didn't have to see the misery. Then he broke down in tears when it happened saying this never happens i don't deserve this

Reaction Score
I thought he was going to step out of bounds after the catch with 2 seconds I thinks were left and make a field goal. He took a real chance because if anyone got him from behind the game was over.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Things happen fast in the NFL...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My uncle is a life-long Vikings fan. My dad and I are Cowboys fans, so he always talks about the Drew Pearson push off playoff game. He was watching with my dad at the time, and while Pearson was running to score the winning touchdown someone threw an orange peel on the field and he thought it was a flag for OPI.

A few years ago my cousin bought the two of them tickets to a Vikings game at the Metrodome (we all live in CT). The weekend came, and they hopped on the plane to fly out...and while they were in the air, the roof to the Metrodome collapsed from the weight of the snow. That's just my Uncle's luck. So they had to hang out in Minnesota until it was announced they were playing in Detroit, then they flew to Michigan to see the game.

So, as a family, we're conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to the Vikings. I was pretty happy for him last night.

Reaction Score
I thought he was going to step out of bounds after the catch with 2 seconds I thinks were left and make a field goal. He took a real chance because if anyone got him from behind the game was over.

If you had any spiritual feelings and believed in destiny for a city that has incurred so much NFL pain for so long, how can you not deny that a last effort miracle pass connects with the correct receiver that can catch a high pass, have a defender running all out, and take out the only other defender single handedly that could make the tackle, and the receiver bolts to the end zone untouched.

Now having the home team make a 57 yard field goal wasn't enough drama.
Having the Saints drill a perfect field goal for the lead was an excellent setup to destroy any hope.

All a setup for miracle ending.....good lord, the next game in Philly, and a chance to host the Super Bowl.

Sorry, but there is no team that can defend destiny, you know, the Kemba and Bazz type of destiny.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It was a Malcom Butler-esque type of end-game changer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All a setup for miracle ending.....good lord, the next game in Philly, and a chance to host the Super Bowl.

Sorry, but there is no team that can defend destiny, you know, the Kemba and Bazz type of destiny.

Was going to make a Belichick joke but I don't want to jinx anything. Like next week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The attempt wasn’t even good. A total whiff on a guy who was vulnerable going up to catch the ball.

Have business in Bloomington and travel out to MN on a regular basis. Saw 4 games this year including this one.
Diggs scored headed towards the end zone where my wife and I were sitting. Stadium went from nervous apprehension to utter bedlam. 20 minutes after the game there were
still probably 50,000 purple clad fans there.
Brought tears to my eyes as a longtime Vikings fan!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom