OT - US Open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - US Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys like Hicks, Wattel, Levin are blowing up. Who?

Spieth is too but I gave him zero chance this week. His game looks broken despite winning some worthless tourney a few weeks ago.

Also, it's the USGA. USGA is a joke. The US Open is generally stupid. Let's trick up an already difficulty course and label it as a "test" of golf. Supposedly they were pissed this basically there were several under par so today they were going to try and trick it up even worse than they originally planned.

My favorite majors in order:

Open champ
PGA
Masters
US Open

LOL. 2 guys are -2 on the day and the best round is a guy -1 thru 11.

6 out of 57 on course are in red and only 2 have made the turn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guys like Hicks, Wattel, Levin are blowing up. Who?

Spieth is too but I gave him zero chance this week. His game looks broken despite winning some worthless tourney a few weeks ago.

Also, it's the USGA. USGA is a joke. The US Open is generally stupid. Let's trick up an already difficulty course and label it as a "test" of golf. Supposedly they were pissed this basically there were several under par so today they were going to try and trick it up even worse than they originally planned.

My favorite majors in order:

Open champ
PGA
Masters
US Open

Buddy - 1 player out of the first forty on course is going to be under par.

So not a great scoring day and the course is hardly tricked up - it's just hard.

Reaction Score
If you grow the deep rough way out, roll the greens for the sole purpose of increasing their speed and put the pins in unnatural spots that is "tricking" it up.

Oakmont is one of the least attractive courses they play at. Can't wait for 2018 and Shinnecock. That Pebble, Olympic and Kiawah are gorgeous settings. Torrey too.

I'd be shocked if Landry breaks 75

So not a great scoring day and the course is hardly tricked up - it's just hard.

Reaction Score
If you grow the deep rough way out, roll the greens for the sole purpose of increasing their speed and put the pins in unnatural spots that is "tricking" it up.

Oakmont is one of the least attractive courses they play at. Can't wait for 2018 and Shinnecock. That Pebble, Olympic and Kiawah are gorgeous settings. Torrey too.

It is a better looking course than Chambers Bay. That course looked like trash last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The pin placement isn't all that bad.

Oakmont doesn't look great on TV - but it's not like the rough at the black course. The fairways aren't impossible to stay in and there are multiple holes where you can putt for eagle without great shots.

Reaction Score
Agree, that was an awful experiment. Stupid course, awful greens.

They removed 15,000 trees in the last number of years it sounds too.

It is a better looking course than Chambers Bay. That course looked like trash last year.

Reaction Score

There is not a flat spot on those greens. Easily top 5 toughest in the country. You can play a US Open
anytime on that course, anytime. Pick a day.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Kind of amazing to think Dustin may just choke the least.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There is not a flat spot on those greens. Easily top 5 toughest in the country. You can play a US Open
anytime on that course, anytime. Pick a day.

Members say that the greens are slower during the US Open than when club members play. That's probably not entirely true, but I know a bunch of folks (non-members) who've played there and they all say it's like putting on glass.

Disappointed I've been here 14 years and still haven't met a member who I could suck up to and get an invite to play there.

Westwood... holy hell. Dude could be 10 over by time this is done. Thought he had an excellent chance coming into today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kind of amazing to think Dustin may just choke the least.

Jimmy F is going to put a floor in. He might win this thing sitting in the clubhouse for 3 hours.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good scoring day... four guys will get home in red before 6pm.

Reaction Score
Best thing about the US Open, no insufferable Jim Nantz commentating.

Reaction Score
After last year, can see Dustin backing into it at the end. Lowry bogey or something on 18 to give it to Dustin

Reaction Score
Seriously WTF is that? So DJ has to play the rest of the round with the possibility of a one shot penalty hanging over his head or am I not understanding?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Lowry had a ball move on the green and immediately calls it a penalty. Dustin has a ball move and says i didn't do it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
USGA isn't going to find enough penalties for 4 strokes.

Congrats DJ. You overcame the weekend choke.

It's not only ridiculous to play with a potential penalty hanging over your head, but when your partner in your twosome totally fell apart, you didn't go down with him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Since my Rose pick went bust, I'm gonna make two generic predictions.

The winner will shoot 68 or better tomorrow. Also the winner will come from a ayer starting the final round between E and +2.

DJ shoots a 68. My generic prediction held up. Unless they give him the penalty.

Reaction Score
Lowry had a ball move on the green and immediately calls it a penalty. Dustin has a ball move and says i didn't do it.
And it appeared to almost everyone that he didn't touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom