OT - UK two 5 man units | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - UK two 5 man units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everybody is drinking the UK koolaid. You got that the new hack Jay Bilas claiming their bench is a top 25 team. I bet Jay thinks this is a ground breaking coaching move. This is terrible coaching if he attempts to do this no if's ands or buts.

Why does UK fanbase loathe calhoun so much btw? hilarious, over three games? calling cal john john?

Their "bench" may very well be a Top 25 team - with someone else coaching it. The only other program I know of who has something like this is Geno Auriemma and the UConn ladies. The difference would be Gen wins national titles with his 1st team!!!!:cool:

Reaction Score
Calipari: "We didn't have the players last year to do this".

Ohhhhh...poor Coach Cal...he only had 7 McD's AA's on last years team.

Jerk.

Reaction Score
Everybody is drinking the UK koolaid. You got that the new hack Jay Bilas claiming their bench is a top 25 team. I bet Jay thinks this is a ground breaking coaching move. This is terrible coaching if he attempts to do this no if's ands or buts.

Why does UK fanbase loathe calhoun so much btw? hilarious, over three games? calling cal john john?
I'd be shocked if Bilas thought this Calipari concoction was anything but idiotic…

I've always thought Bilas provided pretty accurate/level headed analysis…

He's certainly been fair to UCONN.

Reaction Score
But UK fans are saying that it worked against the Dominican Republic's C team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Watch I bet 7 or 8 of these kids leaves after this season yet they somehow end up with a perfect apr score again even though none of them will show up to classes once they declare.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So which unit will find themselves on the floor during winning time? What a complete crock of shiitake. Tell me that most education hoops fans aren't rolling their eyes on this one. The Squid is so narcissistic and delusional that he believes his own crap.

I truly think he does at this point. He's repeated this crap for so long that it has become his reality.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
These UK posts are the new, old dook posts of years past. Except we never had to exercise the UK demons, we just beat them the first time. Yes this wine is good.

Cal threads write themselves. The OP takes literally no exposition to be completely preposterous.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Yes and Yes. And it wasn't just any old (3) games, it was 3 big ones. JC calling Calipari a "bullsh!tter" was hilarious.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Calipari: "We didn't have the players last year to do this".

Ohhhhh...poor Coach Cal...he only had 7 McD's AA's on last years team.

Jerk.

He really said that? I missed it. All we heard last year during the NCAAs was UK had more talent than god, and that was the reason they'd crush UCONN in the final.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Watch I bet 7 or 8 of these kids leaves after this season yet they somehow end up with a perfect apr score again even though none of them will show up to classes once they declare.

For a number of years there, they had a better APR than Harvard. Because education.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Bilas thought this Calipari concoction was anything but idiotic…

I've always thought Bilas provided pretty accurate/level headed analysis…

He's certainly been fair to UCONN.

BigErn has been harping on the idea that Bilas has been completely mailing it in for awhile now, as far as general MCBB commentary goes. I think BEM's right. Bilas can still break down a single game than anyone else, but ask him to expound on teams or MCBB generally, and he's been ESPN whitewashed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not that one size fits all, but when I was in hs, Central Conn had a great D2 program. One year his team was so deep that the coach (Detrick maybe?) did exactly what Calipari is saying. The two fives basically played only together and played almost equal time with pretty much equal good results. Whether or not it's just Calipari bs or something he would actually implementc , who knows, but it's been done before.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not that one size fits all, but when I was in hs, Central Conn had a great D2 program. One year his team was so deep that the coach (Detrick maybe?) did exactly what Calipari is saying. The two fives basically played only together and played almost equal time with pretty much equal good results. Whether or not it's just Calipari bs or something he would actually implementc , who knows, but it's been done before.

Huge difference between CC guys and a bunch of AA's though.

Reaction Score
UNC did this when they had an "uber team" under Dean Smith. It was a massive failure and I think they were knocked out in the second round or sweet 16

Reaction Score
He really said that? I missed it. All we heard last year during the NCAAs was UK had more talent than god, and that was the reason they'd crush UCONN in the final.

Yep....it's in the 2nd paragraph of the article that started this thread.

Reaction Score
Why idiotic? In the NBA we often talk about the second group coming off the bench. Imagine that sec ond group being good enough to beat most other teams. For me, the real question is why would a top talent or a good player willingly sign up for such a situation. If you are serious about player development over a 2 year (asuming that players coming into KU will want to leave after 1-2 yr) then their practices must be phenomenal because it is there that they will get real and quality time/coaching- not in games (as games will be blowouts!). I think this is a perfect system for a one-and-done player- you get to play against other AA players in practie and you show the scouts what you can do in games. All of this is anti-NCAA. Welcome to post-NCAA (college) bb, that is, minor league bb. Sad yes. Perhaps they will start a super conf ala. FB and ask the NCAA about paying more to their players.

Reaction Score
Why idiotic? In the NBA we often talk about the second group coming off the bench. Imagine that sec ond group being good enough to beat most other teams. For me, the real question is why would a top talent or a good player willingly sign up for such a situation. If you are serious about player development over a 2 year (asuming that players coming into KU will want to leave after 1-2 yr) then their practices must be phenomenal because it is there that they will get real and quality time/coaching- not in games (as games will be blowouts!). I think this is a perfect system for a one-and-done player- you get to play against other AA players in practie and you show the scouts what you can do in games. All of this is anti-NCAA. Welcome to post-NCAA (college) bb, that is, minor league bb. Sad yes. Perhaps they will start a super conf ala. FB and ask the NCAA about paying more to their players.

It's idiotic because it will work for approximately 3 minutes in every game and it will come to an end in about 7-8 games into the season. Let me ask this, Caulley Stein gets into foul trouble first 2 1/2 minutes into the game, you keep him in or does everyone come out with him? Injury, same thing? Playing awful, one guy same thing? Suddenly then Harrison twins are going to be happy with 20 inures after plain 28-35?

Dean Smith did it, it kind of worked but look how many titles he won with all of those great teams. The only reason he is thinking of this and the NBA combine crap is real simple, not enough of his players who he had hoped would leave, left. Period. And he's not a good enough coach to figure out how to make them all happy and you know what, if he just coached them and some of the stars only played 8-12 minutes as they maybe should, there would be a rebellion and how could he explain that to all of these kids and fathers out there that adore Cal for his "ability" to coach kids into the NBA. This is a cover up farce for a guy who was hoping Johnson, Stein, Harrisons and Poythress were GONE and they aren't.

It's actually funny how stupid the media is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom