OT - UK two 5 man units | The Boneyard

OT - UK two 5 man units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"My issue is everyone has to be patient. I'm going to be learning as these guys are learning. If we take some L's early because of this, that's OK because I'm still learning."

What a bunch of BS. He's so full of crap to believe anyone, other than UK hayseeds, really buy into his being ok with a few "L's". WTF happened to the 40-0 tee's??

Reaction Score
This is hilarious. Cal is so focused on appeasing his college players like they are pros, how about he just worry about guarding pick and rolls and running an actual offense. Not chuck the ball up and crash the glass.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is hilarious. Cal is so focused on appeasing his college players like they are pros, how about he just worry about guarding pick and rolls and running an actual offense. Not chuck the ball up and crash the glass.

He's worried about draft slot, not wins and losses.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
"My issue is everyone has to be patient. I'm going to be learning as these guys are learning. If we take some L's early because of this, that's OK because I'm still learning."

What a bunch of BS. He's so full of crap to believe anyone, other than UK hayseeds, really buy into his being ok with a few "L's". WTF happened to the 40-0 tee's??

I had cut and and was ready to paste the exact same paragraph and was ready to post it when i saw you already had.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Karl Townes and going to love playing 20 mins per game

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing this latest attention-grubbing, fad idea fall flat on its face much like that ridiculously overhyped, top-secret 'tweak.' Lotta good that did until Shabazz unleashed a long-distance assault, Boat harassed Squid's supposedly NBA-caliber backcourt and a novice head coach outmaneuvered the greasy car salesman so soundly that UK led for precisely zero seconds in the game.

Reaction Score
When you sell snake oil for a long time, you actually start to believe what you're saying. If he can get top 10 recruits to commit to being half time players, then what's next?

Reaction Score
Can't wait until he proclaims the 5man units aren't working and 8 guys are playing 25 minutes plus each.........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing prepares you for an 82 game NBA season like playing 18 minutes per game in college.

Oh you didn't hear about Cal's latest revolutionary move that the cbb journals are fawning over? He's hired an advanced stats guy that is going to track the efficienty of the players in each platoon to extrapolate that over 40 minutes and send to NBA teams. (1)As if NBA teams don't already have their own scouting depts that do their own due dilligence on prospects, and (2) advanced college stats can't be directly translated to the NBA game anyway. But hey, the cbb writers who already stand on call at his kneecaps are bending over backwards to praise the move so its just another sign of how Cal is one step ahead of the game *yawn*.

Reaction Score
Can't wait until he proclaims the 5man units isn't working and 8 guys are playing 25 minutes plus each....
This is inevitable. Everyone knows it, and for them to pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

And duck Chad Ford for saying this is roster that has had more NBA-laden talent than any he has seen. That's obviously bull...especially when the second best prospect is Caulie-Stein...a Junior.

2012 UK, just in recent memory, beats this one by a ton. There is no Anthony Davis on this team...and beyond that, that team had a series of NBA drafted players.

The hype is just sickening...and the fact that so many people actually believe Calipari does this for any reason besides winning college basketball games is absurd.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable, I'm so jealous of that situation. Imagine if Ollie, a guy who can actually coach, could push his guys to play even more insane defense because they're only playing half the game?

please be real karma.... suck Calipari into the abyss!!!

Reaction Score
This idea is dumb. Builds zero cohesion throughout the team which at the end of the day is the X factor to a teams success. Have fun dealing with foul trouble and figuring out how to break up your "platoon"

Reaction Score
Next thing he will say is he will rotate starting lineups every week to keep everyone happy. He is also holding a 2 hour combine for his players and hired an NBA analytics guy to feed stats to the nba. So sad what this guy is doing to college bball. So much for playing for the name on the front rather than the back.

Reaction Score

You know, these kids are all basically NBA players already; they'd all be rookies this year if not for the one year rule. You'd think Cal would really want to prepare them with some NBA offense.

Oh wait....Cal failed in the NBA....made it just over two seasons. Someone remind me, how long was KO in the NBA?

They're the only group of fans stupid enough to believe this narcissistic charlatan. UK the program, the legacy, deserves better. They must either not realize that, or not care as long as the wins keep coming. Can't 100% blame them; would we question KO if he was saying this stuff if in his first 5 years while bringing us nothing but top 25 talent, and riding their coattails to 4 EEs, 3 , a runner-up, and a NC?

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh you didn't hear about Cal's latest revolutionary move that the cbb journals are fawning over? He's hired an advanced stats guy that is going to track the efficienty of the players in each platoon to extrapolate that over 40 minutes and send to NBA teams. (1)As if NBA teams don't already have their own scouting depts that do their own due dilligence on prospects, and (2) advanced college stats can't be directly translated to the NBA game anyway. But hey, the cbb writers who already stand on call at his kneecaps are bending over backwards to praise the move so its just another sign of how Cal is one step ahead of the game *yawn*.

Or he could just read any number of informative advanced stats blogs. But when WWW is throwing cash your way, might as well spend it.

Reaction Score
What a joke… I'd love to see him try this...

These kids are all used to be the focal point of their HS teams… Now you're going to limit their minutes based on two separate 5-man units? Can't imagine that would lead to nothing but one on one selfish offense… Very little passing. Guys just trying to get their own shots while they're in the game.

And there is no way these kids would have listened to Cal's snake oil sell job without wondering what they had got themselves into...

Reaction Score
Practices must be a hoot!

Cal: "These 5 will get the first team white jerseys, the next five will get the first team blue jerseys, and the remaining scholarship players will get the first team green jerseys. Walk ons will get the blue and white servants jerseys....."

Reaction Score
So which unit will find themselves on the floor during winning time? What a complete crock of shiitake. Tell me that most education hoops fans aren't rolling their eyes on this one. The Squid is so narcissistic and delusional that he believes his own crap.

Does anyone here not believe that this is going to blow up in his face. What's sad is that there are enough who hold him in high regard that they'll give him a pass when he abandons this idiotic plan and shrinks his lineup and gives most of the minutes to just 6 to 8 players.

Reaction Score
Everybody is drinking the UK koolaid. You got that the new hack Jay Bilas claiming their bench is a top 25 team. I bet Jay thinks this is a ground breaking coaching move. This is terrible coaching if he attempts to do this no if's ands or buts.

Why does UK fanbase loathe calhoun so much btw? hilarious, over three games? calling cal john john?

Reaction Score
These UK posts are the new, old dook posts of years past. Except we never had to exercise the UK demons, we just beat them the first time. Yes this wine is good.

Reaction Score
I kinda find it entertaining. Its NCAA drama. More importantly it reminds me of 1999, Goliath slaying (although we were not David). Funny thing is in college bball, you only need one or two great players and the rest to be good, and then some that contribute in their respective roles. That's been our success model, and of course many other Champions.

I really don't think uk freshman care about Championships, just draft position and of course quicker NBA income. If that's the case then uk is the school for them. Sadly (I'm being old school here), these kids don't get the benefits of the 'full' college experience and all the good stuff that comes with it. Best days of my life.

Anyway I can laugh and be entertained about this, as because its nice to be King of college basketball. Remember he is in a way trying to catch us, let's see if this gets the bitter UConn taste out of their system. Personally I think the other schools should be worried and compaining, and for good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom