OT: UCLA contemplating giving Howland the boot | The Boneyard

OT: UCLA contemplating giving Howland the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 Final Fours, they should at least let him see how the team does during conf play and if they improve during the season.

Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time I heard someone in LA say something positive about him, on the court, off the court, wherever.

Reaction Score
Hope the Rock Star signs Ollie before UCLA starts looking. ;) Wonder if free would consider Holland as a Major school hire, he may be available when the Rock Star does his national search in April, if not, I'm sure we'll have Pearl available, if a guy can make Tenn win he'll be a, hmmmmm, Rock Star at Uconn (how many schools have not one, but two Rock Stars).

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I wouldn't doubt it if the Rockstar made attempts to offer him.

Reaction Score
I posted this back in November, don't say I didn't warn you

UConn to the MAC. Her st goes down to Duke as President in Waiting. Warde moves up to BC As an assistant football coach and the KO extension doesn't materialize. Kevin Freeman to be named head coach, Pendergrast is named interim AD and grooms JC to take over for him. By the time JC is in charge it's too late to higher KO, he has replaced Ben Howland at UCLA after he is fired for failing to promote an atmosphere of complience. Pasqualoni is given a contract extension after a big Cinci win and a Beef Bowl appearance. Lyle Mccombs transfers to Wagner to be close to home

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/we-need-new-rumors.28367/#post-408311

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is a lot of bad s*** happening with that program behind the scenes.

UCLA doesn't mind a coach getting their hands dirty but they expect to win as a result.

If they do can him, Ollie's not getting a sniff - Dixon and, in better days, Wright would be options. (Some weirdness around Wright these days - not sure if that would have an impact.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Weirdness? Care to elaborate? Did he go to Las Vegas and run into the Olympic runner Hamilton or something?

Maybe KO can get a transfer or a recruit from his hometown school......

Reaction Score
I remember thinking that we were in store for a long run of UCLA success under Howland after those initial few years when he was in the final four almost every year. Pretty remarkable how quickly it has seemingly coming apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom