OT - Two "Disturbing Videos" from Yesterday | The Boneyard

OT - Two "Disturbing Videos" from Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those little punks need to be dismissed from the team period! It's going to be VERY interesting to see how this came about after an investigation is completed. I'm wondering if this situation could have been influenced by Coaches, parents, or they just came up with it on their own. Regardless, blatant disregard for an adult and authoritative figure by high school children is inexcusable they need to know the difference between right and wrong at this point regardless how it came about.

Reaction Score
If the coaching staff instructed those kids to cause that mayhem, the conference or local equivalent of the CIAC need to show a spine & sanction that program.
If the school won't take action, those in charge at the conference level need to rain God's wrath down on that program. There is No justification for players assaulting game officials.

Reaction Score
Those little punks need to be dismissed from the team period! It's going to be VERY interesting to see how this came about after an investigation is completed. I'm wondering if this situation could have been influenced by Coaches, parents, or they just came up with it on their own. Regardless, blatant disregard for an adult and authoritative figure by high school children is inexcusable they need to know the difference between right and wrong at this point regardless how it came about.

Not sure how it could be "misconceived"...

>>A father of one of the John Jay players believed to have been involved in the incident told SB Nation that the viral video is being misconceived, but chose to withhold a statement:<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Those 2 kids should be expelled from school and blacklisted from any sort of recruiting (if they're even that good). If the coaches instructed them to do this, they should be fired immediately. Takes a real chump to take a cheap shot at a guy who is defenseless and has his back turned, or on the ground. What a couple of sh1tbags.

The second video: is it bad that I cracked up the entire time?? The only thing that would have made it better is if the "USS Enterprise" fired its torpedos at this space creature.

Reaction Score
The second video: is it bad that I cracked up the entire time?? The only thing that would have made it better is if the "USS Enterprise" fired its torpedos at this space creature.

You'll enjoy this.

K-State Marching Band
"The chart below represents the drill from tonight’s show. There was absolutely no intent to display anything other than the Enterprise and the Jayhawk in battle. If I am guilty of anything it would be the inability to teach the drill in a manner that these young people could have succeeded. I do apologize for the misinterpretation and I assure you that I meant absolutely no disrespect or malice toward the University of Kansas."

Frank Tracz
Director of the K-State Marching Band

11885726_10153624459740917_2895296498414295715_o.jpg

Reaction Score
When all else fails, claim racial slurs were made to excuse the behavior.

Given the idiot father's comments I'm not surprised that his kid acted like a little beatch.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Both kids should be kicked off the team and I would have no issues with assault charges going against them. If there was any coordination among the coaches, the involved parties should be removed from their positions and not allowed to coach again in the state.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Team should be suspended until they can prove the innocence of every other player. Playing is a privilege. Coaches should be dismissed regardless. They are responsible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Everyone does realize this happens every single week during football season, correct?

And that it isn't limited to football?

No one here is naïve enough to believe that no team has ever had a crossing pattern or blitz screen in football, a "crossed" signal in baseball and a variety of shots in basketball, soccer, etc.

Players need to be held accountable, coaches need to be held accountable. Save the mock indignation for elsewhere.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Everyone does realize this happens every single week during football season, correct?

No one here is naïve enough to believe that no team has ever had a crossing pattern or blitz screen in football, a "crossed" signal in baseball and a variety of shots in basketball, soccer, etc.

Players need to be held accountable, coaches need to be held accountable. Save the mock indignation for elsewhere.
Are you suggesting that we should ignore this because it's happened before?

Reaction Score

Never saw anything quite like that... That was brutal.

Reaction Score
Team should be suspended until they can prove the innocence of every other player. Playing is a privilege. Coaches should be dismissed regardless. They are responsible.

I'd go the next step and say the team should be suspended for the rest of the season. Those two players could just as easily severely injured and killed that ref and the league needs to show zero tolerance for such behavior.

Reaction Score

Mock indignation?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Are you suggesting that we should ignore this because it's happened before?

Obviously not.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

What are you talking about? Do you think that video was a simple crossing pattern gone awry?

I suspect you are not that closely involved in youth sports any more. Every single parent of kids of every youth league in Connecticut that I am aware of has to sign a form regarding the behavior of themselves and their children, and that form includes a statement regarding respect of officials. Mock indignation? Those kids pledged to respect the officials before ever taking the field.

The attack was premeditated with the intent to injure the referee, and the kids knew it because they started making excuses for their actions almost immediately. I would expect that their town youth sports leagues would be distancing themselves as quickly as possible from that excuse.

I hope that at the least those boys youth athletic career is over, forever, for every sport.

There has to be zero tolerance for attacking refs.

Reaction Score

Seriously, what are you talking about?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Not to the precision Ive seen on that video, but to a lesser extent, I've seen this happen on the field before. Not trying to excuse this ugly incident, but it's not as rare as one would think. Sometimes refs just get in the way (wink, wink)

Reaction Score
These kids should never play anywhere again, this is disgraceful and tells of their disrespect to their authorities. Criminal charges immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom