OT - Two "Disturbing Videos" from Yesterday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Two "Disturbing Videos" from Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone does realize this happens every single week during football season, correct?

And that it isn't limited to football?

No one here is naïve enough to believe that no team has ever had a crossing pattern or blitz screen in football, a "crossed" signal in baseball and a variety of shots in basketball, soccer, etc.

Players need to be held accountable, coaches need to be held accountable. Save the mock indignation for elsewhere.

spockulations2-400x288.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
RedditCFB 12:43pm via Twitter Web Client
K-State announces sanctions for halftime performance, citing the sportsmanship pledge all students signed:
http://www.k-state.edu/media/update/

The sanctions implemented by President Schulz demonstrate the university's commitment to provide additional leadership in this area:

• A self-imposed $5,000 fine to be paid to the Big 12 Conference for violation of the league sportsmanship policy.
• A single-game suspension for the university director of bands. The suspension will take place Nov. 28 at the game against the University of Kansas.
• Prior approval for the content of all band halftime shows by representatives from the Office of Student Life and the Athletic Department.
Even if the band director never considered this formation as anything but an attack on the Enterprise by the JayHawk, his JayHawk was cooked the moment someone created an alternative explanation of that formation and lots of people ran with it.

So do people in this forum think the band director guilty or was he innocent and made the scape goat? And if so, who was most likely the dirty mind that initiated the alternative representation. I say the band director was probably innocent and either a drunk KU fan or a fan from an opposing university such as KSU started the rumor.

Reaction Score
Even if the band director never considered this formation as anything but an attack on the Enterprise by the JayHawk, his JayHawk was cooked the moment someone created an alternative explanation of that formation and lots of people ran with it.

So do people in this forum think the band director guilty or was he innocent and made the scape goat? And if so, who was most likely the dirty mind that initiated the alternative representation. I say the band director was probably innocent and either a drunk KU fan or a fan from an opposing university such as KSU started the rumor.

Asked for trouble poking fun @ KU since they weren't even playing KU - they were playing South Dakota Coyotes

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Asked for trouble poking fun @ KU since they weren't even playing KU - they were playing South Dakota Coyotes
Forgot the band was KSU and not KU. Turns out the big bad monster came back to haunt them.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Which makes this even more confusing. Why put the Jayhawk in your halftime routine if you're not even playing them....

From years of Marching Band experience (yup I'm a band dork, or was) it just looks like the "Enterprise" was a poor idea to put in your routine. It's a crappy shape and really requires precise placement and movement, something that might not be in place by the first game of the season. Like sports teams, it takes a few games to get your performance crisp and sharp.

Not sure this was intentional or just poor execution. I have to say, it's freaking hilarious if it was or was not intentional.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Which makes this even more confusing. Why put the Jayhawk in your halftime routine if you're not even playing them....
It's called hating your rival. Wish we had one in FB.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The reason I am shocked and offended is because an official was hit in the back. Clearly that doesn't bother you, and I am not as inclined as others to give you the benefit of the doubt. That is just how you roll.
Amazingly enough your more shocked by an incident on a football field and calling for more individual accountability than you do for the senseless slaughter happening in cities across the country.

Cue up your time to ban football argument since if there wasn't football this wouldn't have happened.

But that's the way you troll.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Civil War doesn't do it for you?
Uh that would be the Civil ConFLiCT.

Really, if you can't remember the names of our pretend rivalries then what's the point of having them?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You actually said it happens "every week" and that you are "amazed" " people didn't realize it. I'm just saying I've been on the sidelines for well over 200 games in my life and NEVER seen anything remotely similar. If it's commonplace there would be a number of similar videos online. Can any produce a single one?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Go to You Tube and type in different combinations of referee attacked or referee assaulted and count for yourself.

And I'll stay consistent that I am amazed that anyone is fazed by this. For all the violence we see and tolerate in our society it was only a matter of time before an incident like this became so visible.

To me, anyone who thought there was a sacred line of respect that existed on a sports field is blissfully ignorant.

Or maybe I'm just jaded.

Reaction Score
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Go to You Tube and type in different combinations of referee attacked or referee assaulted and count for yourself.

And I'll stay consistent that I am amazed that anyone is fazed by this. For all the violence we see and tolerate in our society it was only a matter of time before an incident like this became so visible.

To me, anyone who thought there was a sacred line of respect that existed on a sports field is blissfully ignorant.

Or maybe I'm just jaded.
Jaded or just like exaggerating things and won't back off of your exaggerations when people call you out on it.

Reaction Score

From years of Marching Band experience (yup I'm a band dork, or was) it just looks like the "Enterprise" was a poor idea to put in your routine. It's a crappy shape and really requires precise placement and movement, something that might not be in place by the first game of the season. Like sports teams, it takes a few games to get your performance crisp and sharp.

Not sure this was intentional or just poor execution. I have to say, it's freaking hilarious if it was or was not intentional.

And yet the KSU band did a good job getting the Jayhawk right.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Looks like an assistant coach ordered his players to attack the ref. Obviously that guy is done coaching, but I hope he goes to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom