Ot: trying to get better at dribbling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ot: trying to get better at dribbling

Reaction Score
where everyone shows up, and decides it's in everyone's best interest to just head straight to the bar

To be fair, when I suggested basketball over the bar I was quite drunk. You're idea seems much better and more realistic.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Once you feel you have developed some proficiency handling the ball it's important to go out and play a lot of pick-up basketball games. You need to be able to fail and then succeed and have your moves become instinctive in an unstructured environment.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Once you feel you have developed some proficiency handling the ball it's important to go out and play a lot of pick-up basketball games. You need to be able to fail and then succeed and have your moves become instinctive in an unstructured environment.

Great point, maybe slightly off topic rant but in coaching kids from 8-9th grade to seniors in HS, I've seen the lack of pickup games and just PLAYING changes how kids have developed their skills.

You can tell the difference between guys who just PLAY all the time and guys that are in the new world version of AAU and camps etc, where there isn't the unstructured, go at it nature of pickup ball.

I'm only early 30s, but my generation played pickup ball all day, all summer, and if it was only against all guys 5 years older, so be it.

That makes you tougher, and specifically regarding your handle and go to moves, you'll figure out quickly that prepares you for game usage of those things much better than structured AAU or no defense situations.

Reaction Score
So I figured asking somebody would be better then watching a video which isn't as great as answering personal questions as other people are.

I can dribble between my legs decently. Right handed. Not decent by any means with my left. Anybody have any tips or drills with making a more fluent dribble. Any tips on crossing over? Anything is appreciated. Thanks
I think this went past everyone.

Reaction Score
Hijacking this thread:

In the mid-90's I got a VHS of a Jim Calhoun basketball instructional video. I think it had some connection to Bob's. Is this anywhere on the internet?

Reaction Score
Hijacking this thread:

In the mid-90's I got a VHS of a Jim Calhoun basketball instructional video. I think it had some connection to Bob's. Is this anywhere on the internet?

"A good shawt, stahts in yuh toes, and ends up in yuh fingahtips "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom