OT: Travel to Italy with Geno and the Women's Team! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Travel to Italy with Geno and the Women's Team!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would absolutely kick in $100 for a gofundme or kickstarter for a Deepster and Auggie trip as described.

It would be even better if you don't attend any of the games, and you film people's reactions when you tell that you hate women's basketball and are just there to document the trip for the entertainment of the men's board.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I would absolutely kick in $100 for a gofundme or kickstarter for a Deepster and Auggie trip as described.

It would be even better if you don't attend any of the games, and you film people's reactions when you tell that you hate women's basketball and are just there to document the trip for the entertainment of the men's board.

Done.
We will serve at the pleasure of the Yard. All scenarios on the table.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Going to Lake Como in September. Been to Italy twice before, all different regions. Was in Rome, Florence and Venice in August about 10 years ago . It had cooled down to the mid 90s. Notwithstanding, Rome became my favorite city anywhere. I'd love to go back, heatstroke and all. Traffic in Rome was okay because all the locals are on vacation in August. No bad smells in Venice. Best little hotel anywhere in Florence called the Devanzati.

August_West

Reaction Score
Except you're not going anywhere near Milan on this trip.

Oh. I just assumed it would be on the itinerary. Where are we going? I dont read or click on Lady Huskies news links. Its a personal rule. Help a brother out here.

Reaction Score

I would even say this. I'd start a thread to brainstorm ideas of what we would do, then let the board vote on, say, the top 5 things we would be required to say/do. This is a blank canvas and we have nothing but time and boredom to figure it out. And yes, I have a current passport and I pack light.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh. I just assumed it would be on the itinerary. Where are we going? I dont read or click on Lady Huskies news links. Its a personal rule. Help a brother out here.
Rome, Siena, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Florence, Trieste, Venice.

Reaction Score

August_West

Reaction Score
Rome, Siena, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Florence, Trieste, Venice.

Sweet. Is that in order?

I have a thing for good, young Montepulciano wines. Very coiffable. That will be an entertaining stop, deepster can pour me into a car and drive me to Firenze.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sweet. Is that in order?

I have a thing for good, young Montepulciano wines. Very coiffable. That will be an entertaining stop, deepster can pour me into a car and drive me to Firenze.
But will he wash Uffizi?

I'm with you on the Montepulcianos. I prefer the Rossos and Vino Nobile di Montepucliano from there to the inky Brunello bombs from Montalcino.

Reaction Score
Sweet. Is that in order?

Let's be honest, brochacho. I'm not driving anywhere. I'll have an IV of italian reds in me all week. And none of that Geno bilgewater either. #deepstergotpurpleteeth

August_West

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, brochacho. I'm not driving anywhere. I'll have an IV of italian reds in me all week. And none of that Geno bilgewater either. #deepstergotpurpleteeth

Fair enough.

After I typed that I realized that you and I hammered on bus full of Womens fans is way more fun.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Aren't the Men supposed to be taking an International trip as well? I believe Cegles mentioned it in the article in the courant awhile back and when was the last time the Men's team went on an international trip?
After last season maybe they're going to Split, Croatia.

Reaction Score
Definitely one of the most unique Duomos we saw; loved the zebra stripes on the sides.

We were in Italy for 19 days and I'm pretty sure I had gelato at least two dozen times.

Pro tip: Look for the places where the pistachio is white, not green.

Pro tip (2): Coconut and dark chocolate is the best combo.
Orvieto is one of the best kept secrets in Italy. Our tour guide told us the stripes were Made of black and white marble . They actually had a Porchetta truck there.
My favorite time of the year is early October the weather has always been great but August is the time for all traditional festivals, if your into that thing.
The unearth ruins of the ancient port city near Rome were great and about 10 degrees cooler than the city.
I have family on the East Coast of Italy ,Connecticut was a destination for many from that area.

August_West

Reaction Score
Orvieto is one of the best kept secrets in Italy. Our tour guide told us the stripes were Made of black and white marble . They actually had a Porchetta truck there.
My favorite time of the year is early October the weather has always been great but August is the time for all traditional festivals, if your into that thing.
The unearth ruins of the ancient port city near Rome were great and about 10 degrees cooler than the city.
I have family on the East Coast of Italy ,Connecticut was a destination for many from that area.

Post/avatar

Reaction Score
Some dining tips for our trip. I can't wait to show this to that idiot Geno.

10 Essential Food Rules for Americans in Italy | The Huffington Post

But “exotic” will not be the word Italians use to describe you putting ranch dressing on your pizza, ketchup on your potatoes, and mayonnaise on your sandwich, to their friends. People in Italy like to enjoy the exceptional flavor of what they’re eating (which is usually handmade, or picked that day), and not mask it with other toppings.

August_West

Reaction Score
Some dining tips for our trip. I can't wait to show this to that idiot Geno.

10 Essential Food Rules for Americans in Italy | The Huffington Post

But “exotic” will not be the word Italians use to describe you putting ranch dressing on your pizza, ketchup on your potatoes, and mayonnaise on your sandwich, to their friends. People in Italy like to enjoy the exceptional flavor of what they’re eating (which is usually handmade, or picked that day), and not mask it with other toppings.

I love Italy!!!

August_West

Reaction Score
hey Deep:

You will always have to walk on my left, because Im wearing this shirt every day. Im getting you one with a right arrow too.

343489c8-f100-401a-911f-02aaf071c45f
0o6NY9A.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom