OT: This is why most animals should be left in the wild | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: This is why most animals should be left in the wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Siamese fighting fish; no fun having just one. Throw 4-5 in the bowl. Or if you are uncomfortable with that surround the bowl with mirrors.

Reaction Score
Nonsense ... imputing such motives is nonsense. They had a difficult decision, and limited time. Police make such decisions every
day ... sometimes with human animals.

yeah and if they wait for some wild life expert to come up to Ohio the Lions and Tigers would have who knows how many humans for lunch, then everyone would say "Why did the police wait so long to kill the animals" the police cant win here.

Reaction Score
I would Gladly take the lives of 100 endangered bengals to save one child. Who wouldn't?

Reaction Score
We keep a Siamese fighting fish named Chester in our house, but we take great pains to keep him from escaping. There are a lot of children in our neighborhood, so we keep Chester under a tight wrap.

Should he ever escape, in order to prevent a rampage, I would understand if the local authorities had to shoot him. Or step on him or put him in a cup of water, whatever it takes to secure the public safety.

Michael Vick of the fighting fish world over here...

Reaction Score
real we used to bet on that in college. ASPCA came down on that, hard.

Reaction Score
Siamese fish Fighting. I'd never watch/participate in dog fighting. I love my pups.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I'm at a loss of words right now. That picture hurts a lot to me especially because of what I did in the spring time. From January to May of this past year, I was interning for Walt Disney World, and was located at Kilimanjaro Safari's in Animal Kingdom. So I was driving constantly around such wild and majestic animals like Giraffes, Elephants, Lions, Rhinos, etc. I really can't believe such a horrendous act would ever occur, but it did.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If any of you feel like dyin' tonight, Chester's in his tank ready to take you home to Jesus.

Reaction Score
I'm at a loss of words right now. That picture hurts a lot to me especially because of what I did in the spring time. From January to May of this past year, I was interning for Walt Disney World, and was located at Kilimanjaro Safari's in Animal Kingdom. So I was driving constantly around such wild and majestic animals like Giraffes, Elephants, Lions, Rhinos, etc. I really can't believe such a horrendous act would ever occur, but it did.
i'm with you. seeing that picture makes me sick, and wishing i could un-see it. i don't know what the right answer was, maybe the animals "had to be killed". but all i can picture is a bunch of bored cops presented with a chance to shoot something, and they ran with it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
i'm with you. seeing that picture makes me sick, and wishing i could un-see it. i don't know what the right answer was, maybe the animals "had to be killed". but all i can picture is a bunch of bored cops presented with a chance to shoot something, and they ran with it.
Really? This is so right wing bleeding heart liberal cop hating bullcrap! Not to make it political, but wow - bored cops happy to go kill some things. They didn't have time to get tranqs before sundown. They had two choices - let wilds lions and tigers and bears free for a night ranging to wherever the wanted or needed to go or to take control of a dangerous situation. As someone else said, if they had done nothing because they didn't have tranqs and some kid or even someones dog got killed, people would be all over them for not doing anything. Not only a no win situation for the cops, but a no brainer decision. And for the record, I'm a huge animal lover and can't stand that these precious animals had to be destroyed. But they did. Don't be ridiculous with the bored cops agenda.

Reaction Score
I knew it was just a matter of time Fishy before you would chime in with some entertaining story and you didn't disappoint.

Reaction Score
Really? This is so right wing bleeding heart liberal cop hating bullcrap! Not to make it political, but wow - bored cops happy to go kill some things. They didn't have time to get tranqs before sundown. They had two choices - let wilds lions and tigers and bears free for a night ranging to wherever the wanted or needed to go or to take control of a dangerous situation. As someone else said, if they had done nothing because they didn't have tranqs and some kid or even someones dog got killed, people would be all over them for not doing anything. Not only a no win situation for the cops, but a no brainer decision. And for the record, I'm a huge animal lover and can't stand that these precious animals had to be destroyed. But they did. Don't be ridiculous with the bored cops agenda.
lions and tigers and bears oh my! i am not judging the decision to kill the animals, if that is the best they could do, it's the best they could do. but it's fair to ask if they could have done better.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
lions and tigers and bears oh my! i am not judging the decision to kill the animals, if that is the best they could do, it's the best they could do. but it's fair to ask if they could have done better.
Read the facts before you resort to bored cops happy to shoot animals. That's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score

The cops did what was necessary given the situation - that many dangerous animals roaming around a populated area at night. Even with a surplus of tranquilizer darts it would've taken time to take them all down and they couldn't risk any human casualties. If the public outcry over this is bad now, just think if citizens had gotten mauled to death.

The real question is why is it legal for individuals to own these kinds of exotic animals in the first place? They don't belong as pets or being relegated to trade on the black market. No need for it and it should be outlawed IMO.

Reaction Score

umm no they couldnt have done better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMBUIAT3N6w&feature=related you need to listen to the guy at the end of the video he knows more then you do about wild animals

Reaction Score
I applaud you being responsible however I'm sure you are aware that many many people are not responsible nor are they very bright.

Florida has a serious problem with non indigenous reptiles (mostly snakes), abandoned by their owners after the novelty wore off, not just surviving, but thriving and breeding thereby over running much of the state's indigenous wildlife and drastically changing their ecosystem. Just another massive duck up caused by humans with catostrophic implications. I would guess Florida is not alone.

Aaaah the senseless stupidity of it all.

Absolutely.. too many people get exotic animals (snakes in particular) because they think it's "cool".. with no regard for how large they will eventually get and the care and space that they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom