OT the Browns win a game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT the Browns win a game

Reaction Score
Here in Soonerland we have watched Mayfield rocking it since 2015. The Ohio State flag-planting and KU crotch-grabbing were bush league antics, but the dude is a bona fide winner and the Browns were astute enough to see that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Here in Soonerland we have watched Mayfield rocking it since 2015. The Ohio State flag-planting and KU crotch-grabbing were bush league antics, but the dude is a bona fide winner and the Browns were astute enough to see that.

While not what you want to see, he was an (admittedly) over exuberant (read cocky) college kid. I saw him as a kid who just needed to grow up, and not a bad apple. He's had to grind for everything he's got, so it's not like a Manziel situation where he was a silver spoon.

He's apparently all business now. Good to see.

Reaction Score
And this lucky Browns fan got a free possum last night.

I can tell you in no uncertain terms that that was not the first time that that man held a possum by its tail for an extended period of time.

Reaction Score
Mayfield came in throwing darts. Injected life into a dead team. Safe to say Taylor lost his starting qb job. I kno it’s early but I thought the browns were crazy picking him. We ll see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And this lucky Browns fan got a free possum last night.

Once Mayfield came in that fan base got rabid real quick. Now we see why.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I picked Mayfield with the “Mr Irrelevant” pick in my fantasy draft. Will be a nice keeper for two more years.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
only time will tell if he keeps the jonny out of him and stays focused

Reaction Score
only time will tell if he keeps the jonny out of him and stays focused
I don't think there is any fear of that, Johnny is a special kind of idiot. Also, Mayfield is just a lot better than him.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
By jonny I assume you mean liquor.
ea62c5254233b09f3505daac2a1146ea.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any fear of that, Johnny is a special kind of idiot. Also, Mayfield is just a lot better than him.

Somebody was claiming that on Draft night here. I don't remember who.

But they are so different. Their style of play wasn't even all that alike. People compared them so much because they were both electric playmakers, gamers, and cocky . But playing style and measurables? totally different:
  • Baker was more clinical than Manziel. He read the defense, went through his progressions, and worked the offense. Yeah, he was capable of individual brilliance, but that was more of a last resort kinda thing.
  • Manziel on the other hand, by his own admission, did exactly zero film study in college. He was blessed with all world adlib ability, and used it as often as possible. He also benefited from some serious stud receivers who could go up and get the ball when he hucked up a long jump ball.
  • Baker's far more accurate with the football. Throws a much heavier ball than Manziel. This is one of the main reasons I think he'll be good. You saw it if you were watching last night. He's young, so he's throwing balls he shouldn't, but a lot of them made it through those very tight windows.
  • Baker's also significantly bigger/stronger and a better over all athlete. He's jacked, while Manziel looks like a string bean with his shirt off.
As far as personality goes I said it above:
  • Baker was (self admittedly) over exuberant (read cocky) college kid. He just needed to grow up.
  • He's had to grind for everything he's got, transfer, walk on, fight for his spot etc.
  • He had all the pressure on him in college and he back it up.
  • Manziel was a strange combination: he was an absurdly talented silver spoon rich kid who had everything handed to him his whole life.
  • At the same time he had some Texas wildman in him a la Charlie Tweeder from Varsity Blues.
  • Also turns out he has bipolar issues, which people might scoff at, but certainly does explain a lot of his post college behavior.

Reaction Score
Also turns out he has bipolar issues, which people might scoff at, but certainly does explain a lot of his post college behavior.
I'm very curious as to whether Johnny will ever publicly acknowledge that he acted like an immature brat with addiction and self-control issues.

Reaction Score
If the Giants passed on Mayfield I wouldve been really pissed, Darnold is gonna throw a lot of picks this year. Rumor has it that the Pats wouldve tried to trade up for the number 2 pick to take Mayfield.
Idiots for letting Jimmy G go.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He's half Brees and half Brett Favre. Has the same fearless streak that Favre had and similar ability to run, which Brees lacks. But he is accurate like Brees.

Yeah I don’t think Brees is a great comparison except for their height. His playing style isn’t really Brees, you make a good point.

I love mayfield, I must admit. I wasn’t sure he’d be great but I am rooting for him from across Lake Erie.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The question now for the Browns is, do you stick with Baker going forward? I would.

And I'm a Tyrod fan. Guy's played on snow teams. Last season, he even lead the moribund Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years or so. His thanks? Getting traded.

Eaaaasy on the moribund, and there is WAY more to him getting traded then just a straight football QB comparison...but I agree that I like him and he’s a good dude who’s easy to root for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom