OT the Browns win a game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT the Browns win a game

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mayfield reminds me of Brees but with better foot work at this stage of their careers.

Congrats to the Browns for beating those Jet's and now the Fan will be whinny all day tomorrow

He's half Brees and half Brett Favre. Has the same fearless streak that Favre had and similar ability to run, which Brees lacks. But he is accurate like Brees.

Reaction Score
Cleveland fans are getting free Bud Light's lol.
Seriously...your prize...having to choke down some bud lights. It's almost a toss up - keep losing v bud light.

Reaction Score
That's why they aren't going to win the championship anytime soon.

Rolling Rocks baby!

RR is produced by the same company, a brazilian owned operation called Anheuser-Busch Inbev. Unfortunately, Rolling Rock is no longer made in Latrobe...but rather in Newark, NJ at the A-B plant there. That being said, grab some at the Florida State game at the Prudential Center (at a minimum, it'll be fresh).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
[I was going to start a thread about this last night, but I'm on some sort of post limit for something or other.]

Baker Mayfield is a goshdarn electric factory.

Kid just has 'it'.

I watched in a bar in Boston. Nobody was that invested in the game (obv everyone wanted the Jets to lose in general), but when Baker comes in, people start clapping. He starts off throwing lasers, and soon enough, people are cheering and going nuts.

Mid way through the 2nd half, as he led them back, there was a friggin "Baker! Baker! Baker!" chant going. Place was exploding. In an Irish Bar. In Boston. When the Brownies won, it was like a bizzaro Superbowl victory. There were a couple people from Cleveland in the house, and they were getting mobbed. Weird to admit, but the Jets/Browns week 3 Thursday night game was one of the most fun regular season matchups I've watched in years. If you asked me the past 10+ years, I would have guessed this would be one of the least watchable games on the season.

Kid is going to be a star.

I said during the draft thread that he'd be the best QB in this draft, mostly in response to others writing him off (@superjohn iirc). He's athletic, he's very accurate, he throws a heavy ball, he's got balls, and he's a born leader. Idk if he'll be 'great', but I do think his floor is 'very good'. I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am not a Jets fan at all - Gmen for me
But To judge him after 3 games is not equitable

Tell that to all the Jets fans that already had him in the HoF.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mid way through the 2nd half, there was a friggin "Baker! Baker! Baker!" chant going. Place was exploding. In an Irish Bar. In Boston.

Stunning, the crowd rooting for a white guy in Boston.

Reaction Score
Don't you mean Belgium?
It's a little bit of both...hq might be Belgium but they're more Brazil than Belgium. Top leadership is Carlos Brito, David Almeida, Felipe Dutra, Pedro Earp, etc etc. Not that I should make assumptions based on names...but leaning more SA than Europe.

Reaction Score
Browns will win some games this season - it's not last year's team. They've been tough in their first 3 games (if they had a kicker they might be 3-0 now). Watching that game last night when Mayfield came in late 1st half you could feel the whole game change.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They don't exactly love the Jets in Beantown.

This is true. However, the bar wasn't at all invested in the game pre Baker. Dude's exciting.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The question now for the Browns is, do you stick with Baker going forward? I would.

And I'm a Tyrod fan. Guy's played on snow teams. Last season, he even lead the moribund Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years or so. His thanks? Getting traded.

Reaction Score
The question now for the Browns is, do you stick with Baker going forward? I would.

And I'm a Tyrod fan. Guy's played on snow teams. Last season, he even lead the moribund Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years or so. His thanks? Getting traded.
Is this a joke? Of course it's Mayfield's team now.

Reaction Score
[I was going to start a thread about this last night, but I'm on some sort of post limit for something or other.]

Baker Mayfield is a goshdarn electric factory.

Kid just has 'it'.

I watched in a bar in Boston. Nobody was that invested in the game (obv everyone wanted the Jets to lose in general), but when Baker comes in, people start clapping. He starts off throwing lasers, and soon enough, people are cheering and going nuts.

Mid way through the 2nd half, as he led them back, there was a friggin "Baker! Baker! Baker!" chant going. Place was exploding. In an Irish Bar. In Boston. When the Brownies won, it was like a bizzaro Superbowl victory. There were a couple people from Cleveland in the house, and they were getting mobbed. Weird to admit, but the Jets/Browns week 3 Thursday night game was one of the most fun regular season matchups I've watched in years. If you asked me the past 10+ years, I would have guessed this would be one of the least watchable games on the season.

Kid is going to be a star.

I said during the draft thread that he'd be the best QB in this draft, mostly in response to others writing him off (@superjohn iirc). He's athletic, he's very accurate, he throws a heavy ball, he's got balls, and he's a born leader. Idk if he'll be 'great', but I do think his floor is 'very good'. I'm sticking with it.
What's the name of the bar?

Reaction Score
Hue Jackson.

I would think its coach speak, could be to keep Mayfield hungry, he doesn't have to give an answer to who the starter is until Tuesday, but come on we all know Mayfield is the starter.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I would think its coach speak, could be to keep Mayfield hungry, he doesn't have to give an answer to who the starter is until Tuesday, but come on we all know Mayfield is the starter.

I just don't have a lot of faith in Hue Jackson to make the right calls, given what I've seen the past two years (and how he operates).

Now, I realize he's had a crapshow of a roster, so obviously, he gets this year to show some improvements. He just doesn't inspire faith in me. We'll see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom